Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, Development And Feedback

DE_Adam

With such an unprecedented degree of crowd control on an individual and area-of-effect level finding a good balance between all of his skills Limbo is quite the exciting challenge.  He hasn’t been rift walking around the Solar System for very long now, but just like any Update we keep a close eye on all of our new content.  When it comes to Limbo’s concept response to his powers has been quite positive, but it’s pretty clear based upon the feedback we’ve received so far that his incredibly unique playstyle requires a few necessary adjustments.

Immediately after launch our team has gathered the feedback you’ve given on Limbo’s design.  Taking the criticism that most resonates with the majority of our community directly to Scott, we can quickly put together a list of changes to test on Limbo internally.

Some examples of common feedback has included:

• Casting animations are too long.
  • Banishing enemies one at a time is too slow.
  • Increased damage multiplayer on Rift Surge isn’t quite good enough to warrant using the ability.
  • Pickups within Cataclysm should be brought within the rift.
  • Banish needs to work both ways, an ‘unbanish’ action should be possible by Limbo.

Naturally between these issues it can be really difficult to find Limbo’s place within a squad, and there has been no shortage of theorycrafting on how Limbo will alter group play.  Rest assured, changes are coming.  To help you keep track of what we’ve fixed/changed so far, here is the current list. If you have been avoiding Limbo because you experienced one of these issues, it’s certainly worth a read:

• Banish has already been updated to receive ‘a recast’, but we’re currently thinking about combining Banish and Rift Walk into the same power to help minimize mandatory ability rotations.
  • Rift Surge has now received a casting animation speed boost to help increase its utility.
  • Fixed issues with the Limbo Theorem quest inbox not automatically appearing.
  • Stalker ability cancel ability can close rifts. Prevents people from just using Banish or Tear in Space to avoid being hurt by the Stalker.
  • Fixed issues with Void laser and Ice traps affecting Limbo while Rift Walk is active.
  • Fixed issues with Limbo dropping items like the datamass while activating Rift Walk potentially losing them forever.

We will continue to monitor Limbo as future changes are made to ensure the wondrous master of rifts is able to stand proud in solo and group play.  As we make adjustments to our latest Warframe we’ll be sure to update this thread to help better consolidate these changes into a single location for you to read.  

I personally adore using limbo, but yes, the main problem for both my team, and myself, is being unable to collect items while either in riftwalk/banish or items that are inside the cataclysm. Making it so items can be retrieved while in 'Limbo' would be fantastic, as some people still see this ability as 'Trollish'.  Aside from that, perhaps a slight debuff upon enemy units upon entering 'Limbo'. Say, 35% movement decrease?  

they will probably make it so if you look at a enemy or another player they will be banished but if you cast this and there is no enemy or player there you will rift walk

Absolutely not. I usually play Limbo on high level survival and most of the time I'm absolutely swarmed by enemies, no matter where I looked. Limbo needs absolutely control over who is in the rift and when they are placed there. The possibility of accidentally rift walking/banishing unwanted enemies would make everything more difficult than it should be.

tl;dr Banish and Rift Walk need to stay two seperate abilities to give Limbo complete control and ease of use.

I'd REALLY like him to be stronger in the rift. it's annoying that he's so squishy even in his own dimension

Agreed. Either as a passive for Limbo himself while in the Rift, or merge with Rift Surge to make it a bit more interesting to cast.

• 2 weeks later...

Found some attachments that have some displacements (edo shoulders inside the arms) check that bug please Digital Extremes and I will be gratefully take your time, best you all good day

<Before>

F0579_CF171560054_FCA413_FC92_D5_A950_B7

(Click to full size photo)

<After>

F25342_B7_CA47_BF7_EBC6_EAE9498506_BA9_B

(Click to full size the photo)

Also i found some other animations, that misplaces the attachments in my other warframes.

Best wishes to engineers that works in Warframe.

Sorry for possible typos, writing this from my phone :)

Since I've started playing Warframe I have been intrigued by the Limbo warframe. It has been a perfect match to my playstyle and it has become my main warframe for almost everything. I have been following this discussion with great interest. Instead of writing out the ability name I am just going to write 1 to 4. Will update later :).

1: Banish -  Perfect ability. Dont change it in my opinion, I use it to put downed teammates into Limbo before reviving them so they can get out and reposition before a re-engage. The knockdown effect is bliss. I use it to effectively take down high prio targets safely. Also for those who haven't noticed yet, if you target a nullifier shield enemy and cast it. The nullifier shield shrinks. Spam cast it to negate the nullifier shield and then pull the guy into limbo to kill him safely.
The only problem I have found with using Banish is that when you cast it fast on the same target it updates too slow when you have -50% casting speed and can be annoying cause you think it didn't activate and cancel Limbo by recasting it again.

2: Rift Walk - is fine imho too, perfect way of controlling your "arena", hop in hop out. Dont combine 1 and 2 into one ability please. This would ruin the way people enjoy playing Limbo :(.

3: Rift Surge - is an ability I only start using after 35 minutes in t3/t4 defense to down enemy's faster. Before that I dont require it. This could use a change/buff

4: Cataclysm - is a nice ability, I like the way it functions as of right now, the biggest problem with 4 has been said numerous times before: can't pick up items while under it. Change this please, this is very annoying in excavate missions cause you can't power the excavator under the effect of this and it makes Limbo hated by alot of non Limbo players (on which I have full understanding)

TLDR: great warframe, requires minor tweaks. Dont change his overall gameplay please!

[EDIT] Added ability names now since im home now ^^[/EDIT]

Edited by Bloodhoundje

Banish + Rift Walk

*Casting Banish on a target also sends the caster to the rift.

*Casting Banish when no targets are around, will just send the caster to the Rift. 

*Casting Banish when you're already Banished(in rift) refreshes duration time on rift.

Edited by T3RT1UM

The knockdown that occurs when enemies enter the rift should be GUARANTEED. This would stop enemies mid-animation and knock them down (not sure if this would be possible though).

The damage bonus should be a passive ability for Limbo and Rift Surge should be completely different. I brainstormed these following ideas on some other thread, but I'll post them here, too.

Rift Surge should be changed into ONE of the following:

1) Defense boost only for Limbo

2) Deals damage and guarantees another knockdown

3) Team wide boost (either offensive or defensive), but less potent

4) Allows ALL ITEMS AND MAP/MISSION ELEMENTS* to be manipulated and picked up for a certain duration

5) A temporary speed boost (basically Volt's speed, but affects more than just melee attack speed)

The things above only happen while in the Rift, of course.

The ideas above are mainly focused around CC, team friendliness, or defense (things about Limbo I constantly see being talked about).

*map elements are things such as consoles, and mission elements are things such as data masses and batteries

Absolutely not. I usually play Limbo on high level survival and most of the time I'm absolutely swarmed by enemies, no matter where I looked. Limbo needs absolutely control over who is in the rift and when they are placed there. The possibility of accidentally rift walking/banishing unwanted enemies would make everything more difficult than it should be.

tl;dr Banish and Rift Walk need to stay two seperate abilities to give Limbo complete control and ease of use.

^ABSOLUTELY THIS^

I do not want Banish and Rift Walk to be combined. If I get swarmed, I usually have no place to look quickly, especially in the void. I'm going to want to cast Rift Walk quickly and get out before I die. These two should be separate for more control.

This may sound strange, but what if the energy cost for Banish and Rift Walk swapped? Banish would be slightly more useful since it's cheaper, and Rift Walk is only a little more expensive, but nothing too serious because of the energy gain while in the Rift.

Edited by HormoneChicken

How about this:

If Limbo is in Cataclysm, Enemy cannot enter but can exit. Enemies already inside can be kicked out(lel) but cannot re-enter. But enemies banished can enter.

If Limbo is out of Cataclysm, Enemies can enter but cannot exit. 

Edited by Evanescent

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cataclysm should let you pick up drops, because the only reason you cant pick up drops while banished is because you are in a different dimension than them (the rift), but Cataclysm brings the items into the rift as well, so they should be able to be picked up. Plus, Limbo players can still troll people by banishing things such as movable objectives, Life Support, and rare mods by banishing the area with a Cataclysm and not letting people pick them up. I feel that Pickups should still work in a Cataclysm bubble.

Edited by LlamaWaffles555

^ Alternatively, allow Banish to actually bring players/enemies to the normal plane while they are inside Cataclysm. That way players can pick up loots in the bubble, and enemies inside the bubble can be stopped from damaging you (no more suicidal bubble!).