Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, Development And Feedback

DE_Adam

You sir are crazy. If you remove damage from Limbo as things are now then I doubt someone else aside from you will play Limbo.

It's hard enough to use Limbo nowadays for anything else than being a revive bot and drawing enemy attention. And don't tell me that kind of stuff is helpful for your team because it's not.

Even a frame almost entirely limited to Infested Defense such as Vauban has some use in other missions (his bastille is brilliant). Frost is used in nearly all defense missions and I've seen nobody complain about his forth ability.

Every ult needs to have either some solid damage or really good utility. Right now cataclysm is semi-broken and unless chosing when to cast very carefully it provides neither.

For the nth time, Limbo needs his lasts abilities to be stronger. His third ability looks more like a mediocre 2 and tiresome to make it to work. I just suggest to replace that with some damage because Limbo has none, and let's face it: every frame needs some damage in one way or another - cataclysm is not contributing in that aspect, for now at least.

Actually sir what you don't seem to understand is that Limbo is the ultimate defensive frame and battlefield manager. Single handedly Limbo is able to completely prevent damage to the pod infinitely unlike frost who has a few seconds at higher levels of enemies. 3 or less seconds at points once his invulnerable state of Snowglobe runs out.

What I am asking them to do is re-enforce this aspect to it's fullest.

Currently Limbo's kit seems to have damage thrown it just to appease the masses rather than making him the tactician he is touted to be.

the damage his powers do is negligible anyway so why not remove it in favor of giving him a bit more variations on his battlefield management schtick.

Remove his 3 entirely converting it into a passive in the rift. It's his very own pocket of space, make him rule supreme there.

Give him a 3 that is not interdependent of his other abilities. Currently it feels like 3 is tacked on because DE felt as though they could not create something else to fill it's void( I know puns right). If there is going to be an interdependent power in his kit, make it a teleport for Limbo and his target into the cataclysm regardless of distance. This would play thematically appropriately IMO allowing him to further optimize his role as the consummate tactician and be unique in comparison to any other teleportation skill in game.

Edited by geninrising

I agree with almost everything you said. This last post has a very reasonable appeal, unlike the first one.

I still think he needs some damage in his last or possibly new 3rd ability

Besides cataclysm doesnt allow to fire outward and in defense you still need to kill the mobs. Dont claim cataclysm will take you deep into defense, cataclysm will take you until your weapons will take you. It just allows to concentrate on enemies and forget about the pod.

Edited by (PS4)Le_SenseiX

This frame is very hard to master (Rank 30 and dunno how should I use my Forma).

When I play solo, I always keep myself in the rift (unless I do Exterminate/Datamass missions, where I only use the energy regen mechanics then get out after shields go back up). In public games, I tend to stay out of the rift, because Banish is too time-consuming to cast to allies and enemies (not to mention the stigma), and Cataclysm is expensive.

I really like the toggle to cataclysm (I mainly use it as shield and energy haven in solo, use it as a bomb in team play), and I agree with some of us: Combining Banish and Rift Walk will be a great way to place the rift entry/exit into one ability (if I could suggest how it will work, tap to Banish some small number of enemies, hold to Rift Walk), and open new opportunities to give him more team-oriented abilities.

The Rift Surge mechanic could also be placed as a team-wide, passive ability of the Rift (with Rift Torrent's mechanic to dictate the damage increase) so to give teammates more incentive to trust LImbo.

If we now open two ability slots, what ability can we think that can help his team-play image?

To take place of Rift Surge:

Maybe an ability to leak rift energy to the material plane, damaging enemies around (damage-over-time, radiation-type, drains energy?)?

Or a buff that gives allies opportunity to also banish enemies (only through melee)?

To replace Rift Walk:

Maybe a debuff that increases crit damage and status durations (since the rift is a volatile, violent plane)?

Or an ability to 'detonate' all active banishes (both allies and enemies), damaging all enemies around them (maybe extra energy like Energy Vampire for allies)?

Edited by hallelion

I agree with almost everything you said. This last post has a very reasonable appeal, unlike the first one.

I still think he needs some damage in his last or possibly new 3rd ability

Besides cataclysm doesnt allow to fire outward and in defense you still need to kill the mobs. Dont claim cataclysm will take you deep into defense, cataclysm will take you until your weapons will take you. It just allows to concentrate on enemies and forget about the pod.

Really? Thus far cataclysm has taken my team to wave 75 in t4 defense. Of course no ability alone can do so, but Cataclysm is far and away better than Snow globe.

In fact I would wager that if DE actually thought about things the way players do they would realize that Cataclysm is broken OP.

Thus far the only reason we have to leave at all is time constraints and or boredom.

Edited by geninrising

Has anyone suggested the idea of if you tap Limbo's banish to only hit one target and hold it down to become multi-target (3-5 targets at a time). When holding it down and aiming at the ground it could show a ghost circle so you dont have to guess how far it will grab to banish the group.

Edited by SpottedSweater

Has anyone suggested the idea of if you tap Limbo's banish to only hit one target and hold it down to become multi-target (3-5 targets at a time). When holding it down and aiming at the ground it could show a ghost circle so you dont have to guess how far it will grab to banish the group.

I'm sure it appears somewhere in this big ol' thread. X) I like the notion of making it into a beam, visually similar to the Gammacor, which can only toggle a target's Rift state once per button press, but that can be held for as long as desired, with a gradual energy drain. This'd allow for AoE Banishing without wrecking the finesse of the current skill. Additionally, with a gradual energy drain, it'd (most likely) take care of the problem of the cost being too high to feasibly pick off enemies one at a time.

well I've noticed 2 difficulties when using limbo especially in high level end games:

1. He's way too squishy in the rift, which makes bringing things into the rift with him at high level not that viable. Maybe a defense buff in the rift for him.

2. He should be able to walk through enemy crowds that are not in the rift with him. This is especially annoying with infestation, as they all closing in on you, in some small maps blocking all posible way to walk out, so just get stuck in the middle of them until they die or you die. Unable to revive teammates, which is one of the awesome point of phase walk, because the enemies are swarming your downed teammate location blocking your approach

I'd say Limbo is mostly fine as he is now.  His one glaring flaw is Rift Surge.  It is too situational.  Most of the time, the rift is used to prevent damage being dealt by the enemies.  To be honest, for some reason when I first saw it, I thought Rift Surge would deal some amount of damage to all enemies in the rift, which, although still situational, makes it a bit more useful.  (Banish -> Surge; Cataclysm -> Surge)

One interesting idea I had for a complete replacement for Rift Surge is to open a portal between the normal plane and the rift.  Anything going through the portal would switch planes for some set amount of time.  The portal itself would stay open for some amount of time, and then simply close.  This would allow teammates to much more easily benefit from the rift, as they would have an alternative to requesting Banish-ment or Cataclysm.  The portal could be opened, and then used as much as desired until it closed.

I'd say Limbo is mostly fine as he is now.  His one glaring flaw is Rift Surge.  It is too situational.  Most of the time, the rift is used to prevent damage being dealt by the enemies.  To be honest, for some reason when I first saw it, I thought Rift Surge would deal some amount of damage to all enemies in the rift, which, although still situational, makes it a bit more useful.  (Banish -> Surge; Cataclysm -> Surge)

One interesting idea I had for a complete replacement for Rift Surge is to open a portal between the normal plane and the rift.  Anything going through the portal would switch planes for some set amount of time.  The portal itself would stay open for some amount of time, and then simply close.  This would allow teammates to much more easily benefit from the rift, as they would have an alternative to requesting Banish-ment or Cataclysm.  The portal could be opened, and then used as much as desired until it closed.

That portal mechanic. . . is gold. Maybe an augment idea, or should it be added to his #2?

That portal mechanic. . . is gold. Maybe an augment idea, or should it be added to his #2?

I love it as an idea for replacing Rift Surge (perhaps giving Limbo a smaller, passive damage bonus while in the Rift). Gives Limbo some more team utility as he now provides an easy emergency escape method for his teammates. It really is a great idea that adds a very unique ability to Limbo.

(Name suggestion for this new ability: Rift Tear)

Edited by Rampaggle

I love limbo but as far as his abilities go he is pretty offensive but in all honesty he needs a major boost in damage to even match frost as a type of offensive character I'd love to see strength mods affect limbo more and a boost in base damage along with maybe a radiation proc because they were thrown through space and time maybe if you could put random elemental damage over time that would make sense because all elements withing space and time appear periodically.

Also please fix Napalm's rockets coming from outside Cataclysm from exploding on the Excavator inside. The flames left behind burns down the drill in any plane, making any one rocket an automatic death sentence to the Excavator.

The Limbo player can't possibly kill all Napalms firing from long range from multiple directions, in the time it takes for an Excavator to complete drilling. Even with alert teammates watching out for Napalms, there's no way to put out the lingering flames once a rocket hits (and the Excavator WILL die from it). This is very apparent on Wendell, Phobos.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually sir what you don't seem to understand is that Limbo is the ultimate defensive frame and battlefield manager. Single handedly Limbo is able to completely prevent damage to the pod infinitely unlike frost who has a few seconds at higher levels of enemies. 3 or less seconds at points once his invulnerable state of Snowglobe runs out.

What I am asking them to do is re-enforce this aspect to it's fullest.

Currently Limbo's kit seems to have damage thrown it just to appease the masses rather than making him the tactician he is touted to be.

the damage his powers do is negligible anyway so why not remove it in favor of giving him a bit more variations on his battlefield management schtick.

Remove his 3 entirely converting it into a passive in the rift. It's his very own pocket of space, make him rule supreme there.

Give him a 3 that is not interdependent of his other abilities. Currently it feels like 3 is tacked on because DE felt as though they could not create something else to fill it's void( I know puns right). If there is going to be an interdependent power in his kit, make it a teleport for Limbo and his target into the cataclysm regardless of distance. This would play thematically appropriately IMO allowing him to further optimize his role as the consummate tactician and be unique in comparison to any other teleportation skill in game.

After playing limbo finally, I think I agree mostly with what this person says.

Get rid of his current #3 ability. Instead make what it currently does as a passive to limbo period. Make Limbo the ruler of his void space by giving him increased damage, defense, and run speed while in the limbo and against other limbo targets.

Options for his #3 I can see as the following:

1) Give him a teleport as the person I quoted above stated while in the rift.

2) Another would be to allow his passive buffs to be applied to teammates also in the buff while team mates are in the buff. Could make it a duration with a range or even a toggle with a drain and unlimited range. Either would work.

3) Give him a debuffing ability to enemies in the rift. Something akin to MPrime for nova. Could be combined with the second suggestion to be a "rift bomb" that buffs allies in the rift while debuffing enemies in the rift.

I'm sure there are plenty of other options. I really think Limbo is "almost" there as a viable in many scenarios as a warframe that would be a welcome addition to whatever a party is doing instead of just another niche filler to certain adventures based solely upon the make up of the team. I would think the suggestions I made would go a long way towards that goal.

Could you make banished enemies/allies and rift walking players immune to nullifiers, since it doesn't make sense that the nullifier bubble could tear entities across dimensions, especially since as far as we know limbo is the only person who knows how moving into the rift is possible, and the the bubble itself wouldn't stretch across the dimensions, it would only exist in the same plane as the nullifier Crewman

Easy way to make limbos abilities 'better'. Change banish to cost 5 energy, change rift surge to what cataclysm currently is, and create a new ultimate, with the current rift surge just being a passive in the rift along with a 40% damage reduction.

How about a fixed range (30m perhaps) that hits all enemies in range for 1500 Finisher damage, then any who survive are sent into the Rift, essentially a radial banish with increased damage

Edited by An_Atheist

• 4 weeks later...

Crazy idea, make cataclysm work on a targeted area rather than at your feet so that you can banish a large group of enemies inside the bubble to the rift plane, I understand that people think that this is what banish should be but with my suggestion banish is fine. This is a small change but if you also add the ability to shoot things inside the cataclysm area as long as the shooter is also in the rift plane, obviously the enemies in the bubble can shoot back as well (I'm not sure if you can already shoot enemies inside the cataclysm during rift walk, I haven't tried it, I will do though). This will give the bubble a lot more offensive uses when combined with rift surge. I don't think this would be over powered, enemies can obviously just walk out of the cataclysm and the energy cost can sometimes make it less efficient that banish in some circumstances.