Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, Development And Feedback

DE_Adam

Ideally, rather than it being a white and black "You can't affect enemies in the other plane" situation that it is now, there needs to be a small amount of overlap. As it is now, Limbo can simply put himself or an ally inside of the Rift and leave them there, totally invulnerable to damage. Teammates put here have no choice but to wait until Banish runs out. This also means that an A****** playing a Limbo can walk in and strand teammates in the rift for large amounts of time, preventing them from doing much of anything besides running around and using their powers.

A way to fix this would be to instate a simple 75% reduction on damage and effects between planes, rather than the 100% that we have now. Or maybe cut the effect on teammates in half: 1 energy per second, and a 50% reduction in damage dealt and recieved from opposing planes.

I much prefer team mates creating a rip that they can enter in to at will when banished. It has some AWESOME tactical potential as-is.

Please tone down the Rift graphical effect (the wavy shadows) for players. It is uneasy on the eyes and irritating for prolonged exposure/use (heavy Rift Walk user here).

About Banish and Rift Walk potential merge, might I suggest several QoL changes to minimize hindrance and maximize benefits for Limbo and team?

1. Rift, new Status Effect

- Players can manually enter the rift by using any weapons to attack rifted enemies.

- Players that enter the rift this way have a Rift status effect that lasts 5 seconds, after which they return to the normal plane.

- Hitting rifted enemies refreshes this status effect, allowing players to stay in the Rift longer.

- Players can end this status effect early by attacking non-rift enemies.

- Enemies cannot enter the rift by attacking rifted players.

2. Banish

- Works on enemy targets as intended (knockdown, damage, duration)

- Cannot target allies.

- Limbo has no selective control of which teammate enters the rift. They make that decision themselves via Rift status effect.

3. Rift Walk

- Limbo inflicts Rift status effect on enemies when he hits them during Rift Walk, bringing enemies into the rift.

- While Rift Walk is active, Limbo has a permanent Rift status effect (he won't exit the rift if he hits non-rift enemies).

- Enemies hit by Limbo in Rift Walk have the Rift status effect, meaning they exit the rift after 5 seconds OR if forced exit by Banish.

4. Cataclysm

- Players have a permanent Rift status effect while inside Cataclysm.

- Only Limbo can use Banish and Rift Walk to inflict Rift status effect on enemies outside Cataclysm.

- Non-Limbo players can stay outside Cataclysm and attack rifted enemies inside Cataclysm due to Rift status effect.

- Non-Limbo players cannot attack non-rifted enemies outside Cataclysm while the players are inside Cataclysm, unless Limbo uses Banish or Rift Walk.

- Pickups within Cataclysm can be picked up by players.

5. Miscellaneous

- Mission items do not drop when entering/exiting the rift (as you technically carry it along, like any of your weapons).

That's my take on it, hopefully it will allow high flexibility while reducing player inconvenience as much as possible, while keeping the unique rift plane concept.

Edited by PsiWarp

Not sure if this is shared with many other people, but I was expecting his ult barrier to be a lot darker and give more of a 'separation' feel with the outside world. Right now it feels like walking through the plastic sheets when entering a corner store and being hit with the aircon on a hot day. (not yet tested with darker energy)

CNG_3494.jpg

All I can share until I am able to build him

Edited by cam-o-flage20

I have a suggestion about his abilities (as what's in the thread I made for it.)

Even though Banish can now be recast, it's still the most troll ability in the game. Any jerk of a Limbo can still Banish an ally for 40 seconds even if he has the power to un-Banish them.

My suggestion was to remove Banish and Rift Surge from the game and combine the two effects into Rift Walk. During the new Rift Walk, Limbo can walk through enemies (he can't do that right now) and banish them to Riftspace. The Rift Surge damage multiplier is already in effect at that points, so Rift Walk becomes a very cost-effective skill and much more rewarding to use. Plus, if it no longer works on allies then Limbo can't play god with his team mates which is a major gripe for players who have Limbo in their squad.

I hope Limbo doesn't lose his utility as a truly unique warframe. The only reason I say this is a lot of unique combination of warframe powers can be used with him as well as the ability to pick out certain enemies on a mission is pretty useful. Remember everyone he has great potential I mean he could be the next Houdini for all we know lol.      

Although I don't have Limbo myself, from what I've seen when friends and/or other players play him, he's a pretty good frame. He doesn't need TOO MUCH of a rework, but still needs his 3rd skill changed. With people talking about: "Yes combine his abilities pls pls pls", I agree some, disagree some. His Banish and Rift walk are perfectly fine separately, and if there should be ANY way of getting out of banish when he targets you, it should be a backflip or something along those lines. Hardly anyone ever does a backflip (from what I see) and slapping it on X means that if you're trying to hack a terminal or something while banished, so you can do it safely... you're going to be tossed out when you do it and then die.

Back on the main topic of combining abilities: I say that Rift Surge is semi-useless to useless on its own. They could have easily made it something else that people would use more. I believe that rift surge should be a passive within Banish and/or Rift Walk when being cast on allies. This would also please people wanting a buff while in the rift.

Scenario 1: The player is walking along with his fancy new top-hat frame, Limbo. He spots enemies, and wanting his own safety, banishes said enemies. Before banishment, enemies take 100% normal damage that they'd take in everyday combat. Soon after, an ally wants to be banished so he can deal with those enemies. The moment he gets banished, being a team-mate, a pulse comes out that applies Rift Surge and makes the enemies take extra damage.

Another possible scenario would be

Scenario 2: The Limbo player banishes his allies, wanting to keep them safe from damage while he chooses targets to banish for his team to kill. At that time, enemies deal 100% normal damage that they would normally do. Once banished though, the enemy is in the rift, and their damage is decreased by X%

Other than that, Limbo seems very fun. He also seems to have lots of utility, joining the ranks of "Loki Prime master race".

Not so much time right now and not sure I will have some later, so i'm just making my own suggestions without integrating the great suggestions of many members above. Sorry for that.

General remarks:

- if the "can't pick up anything remains", we need the limbo-dimension to grant infinite energy+ammo. (the amount of energy/ammo is freezed while in-limbo, but their use is unlimited).

- The "in-limbo" effect on screen could be cleaner, a gentle filter of the color of the energy of Limbo would be highly sufficient/appreciated.

- The enemies "in-limbo" should be more identifiable (exemple: a vertical column of "energy" upon them?)

- The enemies "in-limbo" should have a bad vision (like under Radial Blind, after the stun: they can only hear and act accordingly) (no stun-effect, just blinded)

Just throwing ideas:

1) Banish

Could vanish the enemy completely for Xseconds. If not cataclysmed (see further) within this time, will fall from the sky in its original position, unaware of the presence of the Tenno.

2) Rift Walk

Limbo launch the power, and when he walk, he draws a rift in the ground. The drawing sets a trail after Limbo (like the bikes in Tron Legacy ^^) which , when crossed, send in a dimension or the other. Stop all fire from both sides.

3) Rift Surge

Infuse to all the team the ability to deal the "Dark Matter" damage-type, which is delt no matter the conditions. Can damage in and outside the limbo, and ignore bonus/resistances of all common damage kinds/type of matter hit. (which means 25 magnetic + 13 slash weapon will become 38 darkmatter damage which will deal 38 damage, regardless if the enemy has armor or could have resistances to magnetic or slash damage.).

4) Cataclysm

When launched, will spawn the targets trapped by "Banish" into the breach. Now Cataclysm 2.0:

- all damage delt to the "dome of the breach" will be inflicted as "Dark Matter" damage to ALL enemies inside.

Damage can be inflicted by outside or inside. Bullets of the enemies are also taken into account if they hit the dome.

At end of ability or if Limbo abort it(like Mirage's Prism): all the enemies still alive are send into the limbo dimension.

All enemies hit by "Banish" while "Cataclysm is active are instantly spawned into the breach.

This, could be highly playable and worthy of the Sorcerer of the Void, imo. But just raw ideas. Thanks for reading anyway. Thanks you Adam too to allow us to provide direct feedback on this warframe!

How about banish or rift walk makes us invisible hence the fact we are in another dimension they cant see us but we can see them and banished enemies see us allowing limbob to come in and ou of thr rift for kills and stealth. Oh we still cant damage enemies outside the rift though. And can still be cast.bb on allys

Not so much time right now and not sure I will have some later, so i'm just making my own suggestions without integrating the great suggestions of many members above. Sorry for that.

General remarks:

- if the "can't pick up anything remains", we need the limbo-dimension to grant infinite energy+ammo. (the amount of energy/ammo is freezed while in-limbo, but their use is unlimited).

- The "in-limbo" effect on screen could be cleaner, a gentle filter of the color of the energy of Limbo would be highly sufficient/appreciated.

- The enemies "in-limbo" should be more identifiable (exemple: a vertical column of "energy" upon them?)

- The enemies "in-limbo" should have a bad vision (like under Radial Blind, after the stun: they can only hear and act accordingly) (no stun-effect, just blinded)

Just throwing ideas:

1) Banish

Could vanish the enemy completely for Xseconds. If not cataclysmed (see further) within this time, will fall from the sky in its original position, unaware of the presence of the Tenno.

2) Rift Walk

Limbo launch the power, and when he walk, he draws a rift in the ground. The drawing sets a trail after Limbo (like the bikes in Tron Legacy ^^) which , when crossed, send in a dimension or the other. Stop all fire from both sides.

3) Rift Surge

Infuse to all the team the ability to deal the "Dark Matter" damage-type, which is delt no matter the conditions. Can damage in and outside the limbo, and ignore bonus/resistances of all common damage kinds/type of matter hit. (which means 25 magnetic + 13 slash weapon will become 38 darkmatter damage which will deal 38 damage, regardless if the enemy has armor or could have resistances to magnetic or slash damage.).

4) Cataclysm

When launched, will spawn the targets trapped by "Banish" into the breach. Now Cataclysm 2.0:

- all damage delt to the "dome of the breach" will be inflicted as "Dark Matter" damage to ALL enemies inside.

Damage can be inflicted by outside or inside. Bullets of the enemies are also taken into account if they hit the dome.

At end of ability or if Limbo abort it(like Mirage's Prism): all the enemies still alive are send into the limbo dimension.

All enemies hit by "Banish" while "Cataclysm is active are instantly spawned into the breach.

This, could be highly playable and worthy of the Sorcerer of the Void, imo. But just raw ideas. Thanks for reading anyway. Thanks you Adam too to allow us to provide direct feedback on this warframe!

These ideas imo are pretty good, will make Limbo really interesting to play as. Looking forward how things will end up.

I had to lol at the "positive feedback" to his power, because I didnt read any, only complaints.

Give his abilities maybe a bit more utility or damage potential, because rifting at the moment makes my screen look horrible and I felt rather trolled bý all the limbos I played with.

As will probably merge two of his skills, I suggest a skill that makes enemies in rift mode attackable.

i have things that need to be said about limbo's first and fourth ability. i would appreciate your reading this because i am writing this for the second time because of a browser screwup.

limbo's first, and other abilities for that matter,(i have a post about these abilities here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/331965-regarding-the-first-ability-of-oberon-saryn-trinity-ember-frost-nyx-nekros-and-limbo/ please give it a look) utilize a specific mechanic. to cast these abilities your cursor needs to be exactly on the target when you cast, and while this may look alright on paper it is in actuality quite difficult to use as it does not work on ragdolls and does not seem to play well with heightened ping. i am not particularly accurate but i am accurate enough that i can say these are needlessly difficult to use with a mouse. i can't even imagine how difficult it is to use these with a controller. so, please, give this mechanic a look over.

now, limbo's fourth and ultimate, cataclysm (along with at least hydroid's and zephyr's ults, maybe more i'm not sure) utilizes a similarly pointlessly difficult mechanic. these abilities all have long duration but with no way for the player move them again once they're cast and still active. this is acceptable in defense/survival/interception but for the rest of the game, these skills do not see frequent use (unless you use reduced duration but that is typically detrimental to the rest of the abilities and in limbo's case is not a good option). we sprint around these missions at breakneck speeds, why should we have to wait a literal minute to reuse these abilities? my suggestion for these would be to allow players a way to cancel or recast/move to a different location these abilities before their duration is finished.

TL;DR please give the mechanic behind limbo's first, banish, a look over to make it easier to use (even if only for ps4/xbox players) and please give us a way to be able to use abilities like cataclysm even while on the move (because this is a high speed game and these abilities simply take far too long *to dissipate).

edit*

Edited by Retrikaethan

I had to lol at the "positive feedback" to his power, because I didnt read any, only complaints.

Give his abilities maybe a bit more utility or damage potential, because rifting at the moment makes my screen look horrible and I felt rather trolled bý all the limbos I played with.

As will probably merge two of his skills, I suggest a skill that makes enemies in rift mode attackable.

Then you clearly havent read my post

Limbo is already on the verge of being too op since he can grant immortality and still deal dmg

He is extremly usefull for defense and decent for survival by deploying cover (to the guy above me tell me how frost is usefull in any other missions except defense/interception/excavation and not outdone by other WFs. Even though I have to agree that having to wait for the countdown timer is a kind of bummer to the skill)

The only drawbacks he has is that you cant pick up loot in the rift WHICH HAS TO BE ADDRESSED and that it is annoyingly dark and distracting (headache, depression are aspects I have experienced but thats maybe just me even though I dont think so)

What many ppl dont seem to realize is that he is a utility frame and not a dmg frame, thats why i wonder that so many ppl want him to deal more dmg or give him damaging abilities

Btw you CAN shoot inside the cataclysm if you banished all your teammates and riftwalk which is extremly usefull

He is also supposed to be played in groups who have means of communication say F.E. TS/skype/whatever since the banish mechanic needs to be wanted by the player that is being banished furthermore he then can tell when he wants to be unbanished.

For random PUG groups or farm groups he is not designed and there are honestly better Pug/Farm Warframes

To play his skills to full potential you need to think "out of the box" and have many rather advanced mods (narrow minded, fleeting strenght,overextended) in your arsenal to uncover the true powers

You have to mod him for different situations and different group layouts

He synergizes well with certain WFs and less well with others

Edited by Seyenas

Hi,

In my point of view, 

The first and third skills are nice now. 

Problems with rift walk :

- Don't know why and if it's me or everybody, sometimes in rift walk infested can "touch" me or something like that.

- It's a little bit too dark. In some of maps, I don't see very well in rift walk enemies... 

According to the fourth skill, i have some suggestions :

- When Limbo hit in the cataclysm, all enemy take a little dmg.

- I think it would be great if we could open and close the cataclysm when we want as Banish.

- Explosion in the end is ... not really big And it'doen't deal dmg ? 

It's just my point of view and sorry for my bad english. Hope you will understand.

Edited by KuroShikii

Good! I hope we see more limbo changes. his power is definitely one of the coolest but it's so poorly put in practice that it's a shame the potential of the concept is going to waste like this...If his skil 1 was a cone AoE to put stuff in rift plane he'd be so good!

Or if we could recast skill 4 to cancel or cast multiple of them....

Also one of the main things I feel with limbo is that....I have this amazing power to control the rift plane and put stuff in our out of it but once inside I can't do awesome things I can only get a minor damage boost, there's nothing more to it...there is not another thing to do X thing while they are in rift plane.

Some examples:

defense incrase

armor reduction for enemies aka debuffs,

easier status proc

some other new unseen crazy skills like chaining enemies in place or marking them similar to banshee's sonar...

or making banish silent so it can play out well in stealth runs!

the possibilities are endless

Edited by Domaik

I love limbo but find he's still too squishy to really survive in a "cataclysm arena" perhaps it could also trigger a debuff on enemies and perhaps change a portion of damage dealt into finisher damage?

Though the damage conversion would probably work better with void surge (his 3rd ability anyways).

Let me re-iterate, I love Limbo as he is but he's really not built for high level play without some serious modding/forma-ing and a really strategic approach to his abilities.

Then you clearly havent read my post

Limbo is already on the verge of being too op since he can grant immortality and still deal dmg

He is extremly usefull for defense and decent for survival by deploying cover (to the guy above me tell me how frost is usefull in any other missions except defense/interception/excavation and not outdone by other WFs. Even though I have to agree that having to wait for the countdown timer is a kind of bummer to the skill)

The only drawbacks he has is that you cant pick up loot in the rift WHICH HAS TO BE ADDRESSED and that it is annoyingly dark and distracting (headache, depression are aspects I have experienced but thats maybe just me even though I dont think so)

What many ppl dont seem to realize is that he is a utility frame and not a dmg frame, thats why i wonder that so many ppl want him to deal more dmg or give him damaging abilities

Btw you CAN shoot inside the cataclysm if you banished all your teammates and riftwalk which is extremly usefull

He is also supposed to be played in groups who have means of communication say F.E. TS/skype/whatever since the banish mechanic needs to be wanted by the player that is being banished furthermore he then can tell when he wants to be unbanished.

For random PUG groups or farm groups he is not designed and there are honestly better Pug/Farm Warframes

To play his skills to full potential you need to think "out of the box" and have many rather advanced mods (narrow minded, fleeting strenght,overextended) in your arsenal to uncover the true powers

You have to mod him for different situations and different group layouts

He synergizes well with certain WFs and less well with others

Pretty much this, even though he plays him differently than I do (extension or power mods are a waste imo, duration all the way ;) ).

The only things I would change are/were:

1. make it cancelable (already done)

2. nothing, except picking up mission objectives

3. I actually partially agree with some of the suggestions that this ability should make it able to either send enemies into the rift by shooting them or being able to shoot unrifted enemies (though this could make him pretty op, maybe with a damage reduction to unrifted enemies)

4. Either have it be the same size for the whole duration; make it being able to be cancelled; or set a specific minimum size (like the size of a cryopod, for obvious reasons) it can shrink to, and not further, I hate the last 5 seconds where it doesn't cover the pod, because it's smaller than a friggin drone

He is already able to stay stay invincible 24/7 and some of the suggestions would either take that away from him and render him useless or buff him to ridiculous levels. The only drawback to his invincibility is currently that he can only pick off single targets, which is a fine tradeoff imo, since there is no real risk involved whatsoever (if they would remove the damage from environmental hazards).

Let's take the other invincibility Frame: Valkyr. Her tradeoff is that she can only melee enemies, which is fine too, but now imagine that she can use ranged weapons, buff her damage and protect pods with a bubble...  that's exactly what Limbo would be if he could attack non-rifted enemies.

After having a hefty fill of time playing as Limbo, I do have to say that his play-style is really to my liking as a support/tactician type of frame and it makes sense behind his looks and quest back-story and what you can learn from the original Limbo. If any changes to how he plays occur, I would suggest the following:

Banish)

Since it's the frame's 1-skill, being a simple pop to the face/faces of enemies and its targeting is similar to most casters' 1s. Banish can be Improved a SMALL BIT by having a small 4-5m-wide diameter aoe at the location/target hit to possibly grab more enemies. This is more or less compared to Smite, Fireball, Ice Blast, Hall of Mirrors, and Mind Control. By that , I mean Banish is potent by design so it should NOTt outshine over other skills if anything unless, of course, it's a skill bettering the frame's survival and needs to be spam-y, much like Mirage's Eclipse(gonna use this for talking about his rift surge in a sec, but on to Rift Walk).

Rift Walk)

The effects of the rift dimension is impressive and strong... really strong, honestly, and makes for a fair selection of uses:

*your save your self

*you save your friends

*you save your kubrows/companions(I'm sure if you can tesla a sentinel, then you can banish them the same way I guess)

*you save your objective

*buy time and fast regen energy(w the energy siphon aura in play by Limbo, he is gaining 2.6 energy/sec. is a team is on the same aura, the gain rate  would be 4.4 energy/sec, which i think is pushing the envelope a good bit)

*allow for tactical fighting

With Rift Walk, I have found myself using it very often as a means of reviving teammates while saving my self from too much damage in whatever situation I am in(though I still get hit from bombards and napalms/aoes), buying time for later when I need the energy unless i find a good amount on the ground, thanks to my kubrow, for toggling off to pick up and keep moving, and for tactical fighting. By that I mean, while under the effects of Rift Walk, I will Banish key targets like HEAVIES, ANCIENTS, CAPTURES and gun/cut them down while they are still knocked down and getting up. At higher levels, using Rift Surge becomes necessary when surprise attacking banished targets, making the move feel fine as is. Speaking of Rift Surge...

Rift Surge)

Having a 3x strength multiplier in the rift is fine albeit a bit strong, but fine as it is now, imo. It can use a bit of a cost drop to maybe 37.5 energy or so due to its synergy with Rift Walk and Cataclysm and also being one key to Limbo's late game to end game survival, but it's fine for what it does for now maybe.

Cataclysm)

Just allow players to obtain pickups while inside the rift and I got no qualms w it... well no... that's not entirely true. Can it be a bit more transparent and darker/clearer on the outside of rift sphere for people wanting to shoot enemies outside of the sphere without a visual need to run around or through the rift to hit them. I'm sure I have maybe gave some people a bit of an eye strain w my Limbo's yellow frame energy. There have also been this one time when I brought Limbo to fight Ruk to get marked for the stance mod, and the fires while in the rift were too bright. Lastly, the sphere collapse finish is a bit lackluster even when seeing how much overall the move can go for on a strong yet unfortunate enemy from cast to crossing over to collapse(should they survive a surge-powered onslaught of damage). It's very much like a Snowglobe-Molecular Prime mix with a surge on top being like Eclipse. 

Overall, the way Limbo is now is a bit STRONG strong when modded well even for how delicate he is in his stats. Any changes can wind up pushing Limbo to the frontlines of being nerfed. Other than VERY SMALL changes like:

1)Banish having a tiny aoe range effect like a fireball

2)Players needing a way to un-banish themselves(one way can be to go melee mode and block + energy channel for a second or two) other than the recast so to save energy(accidental friendly fire can be helped at times, go fig x.x).

3)Cataclysm's visuals on players outside the sphere and pickups inside/entering the rift OVERALL(lastnight I forgot that forgot that I was in a mission involving a datamass and cataclysm'd extraction. OH the eye-daggers I got... x.x)

Limbo is fine with GREAT synergy skills with other frames when combining skills. When a Limbo player is one for communicating and is responsible around even pugs, Limbo is powerful alone and together.

ps: may have left some grammar/edit mistakes even after re-reading to check, so apologies if any remain.

Maybe let the use of melee allow players to exit rift at will? It would allow them to exit anywhere with one push of a button rather than backflips which requires like a combination of three presses and I didn't even know that existed until now and if its supposed to be a dodge mechanic that would be redundant when you're already invulnerable. Also if that melee is allowed to do damage it can let players basically ambush their target by opening up with a melee and then shooting them down if that melee has knockdown or stun effects going for it? But they immediately lose the effect upon using melee.

After further play with a friend using Limbo he can be very powerful at preventing damage, and yes I have to say the visual affect to being banished actually is a bit too dark this really stands out when you happen to be playing on an earth tile set at night your on the verge of being blind. As for banished enemies maybe have them glow a solid color that is equal to limbos energy color if people are still shooting at banished because they don't notice the flame effects which might be why people are confused because they may be mistaking it for someone procing a fire effect?

Pretty much this, even though he plays him differently than I do (extension or power mods are a waste imo, duration all the way ;) ).

The only things I would change are/were:

1. make it cancelable (already done)

2. nothing, except picking up mission objectives

3. I actually partially agree with some of the suggestions that this ability should make it able to either send enemies into the rift by shooting them or being able to shoot unrifted enemies (though this could make him pretty op, maybe with a damage reduction to unrifted enemies)

4. Either have it be the same size for the whole duration; make it being able to be cancelled; or set a specific minimum size (like the size of a cryopod, for obvious reasons) it can shrink to, and not further, I hate the last 5 seconds where it doesn't cover the pod, because it's smaller than a friggin drone

He is already able to stay stay invincible 24/7 and some of the suggestions would either take that away from him and render him useless or buff him to ridiculous levels. The only drawback to his invincibility is currently that he can only pick off single targets, which is a fine tradeoff imo, since there is no real risk involved whatsoever (if they would remove the damage from environmental hazards).

Let's take the other invincibility Frame: Valkyr. Her tradeoff is that she can only melee enemies, which is fine too, but now imagine that she can use ranged weapons, buff her damage and protect pods with a bubble...  that's exactly what Limbo would be if he could attack non-rifted enemies.

I have him on duration too (with a little bit of strenght). :D

My main point is that overextended builds can be usefull in certain situations and shorter duration builds, can also be usefull.

It depends on the mission, if you do exterminate, you maybe only want to banish an ally in the elevator, so that he regains some health and energy back and when he comes out of the elevator, he is out of banish again and you dont have to pin-point his location to un-banish him. 

Or you want to create cataclysms as deployable safe-zones for a short while. (since currently they do not close, when one is still in effect)

Other times in infested defense, if you have a safe spot to snipe from, you can decide on an overextended build, with some strenght to negate the -60% strenght, so that you can be lazy and dont have to banish all your allies, + splash dmg weapons will affect more enemies, (depends on the size of your narrow-minded bubble) since narrow minded bubbles will often only have a relatively small space and banished allies with ogris or pentas, will only affect banished enemies inside the small bubble, not outside of it. Furthermore with a vauban in group, if he throws his vortex a little too far away from your small bubble, you dont have to unbanish everyone, to let them be able to shoot the vortex.

Or you can split enemy groups in defense, by deploying a middle-sized bubble (works well with frost bubble) and then shoot all incoming enemies. (Will slow enemy onslaught, so that you can deal with fewer mobs at a time and pick them off as soon, as they come in the bubble. Meanwhile you hide inside the frost bubble and kill from there. Basically a 2layer tactic)

(Imo duration all the way 2 :D, only saying you can mod for many situations)

Edited by Seyenas

okay i don't know if this was ever brought up in the forums beforehand but i would like to talk about an Alt head for Limbo. Everyone's favorite hat: the Fedora. (yes i know this is a fallacy) but it would be pretty cool if he had a fedora alt head i know i would buy it upon Update.

I have him on duration too (with a little bit of strenght) :D

My main point is that overextended builds can be usefull in certain situations and shorter duration builds can also be usefull

It depends on the mission if you do exterminate you maybe only want to banish an ally in the elevator so that he regains some health and energy back and when he comes out of the elevator he is out of banish again and you dont have to pin-point his location to un-banish him 

Or you want to create cataclysms as deployable safe-zones for a short while (since currently they do not close when one is still in effect)

Other times in infested defense if you have a safe spot to snipe from you can decide on an overextended build with some strenght to negate the -60% strenght so that you can be lazy and dont have to banish all your allies + splash dmg weapons will affect more enemies (depends on the size of your narrow-minded bubble) since narrow minded bubbles will often only have a relatively small space and banished allies with ogris or pentas will only affect banished enemies inside the small bubble not outside of it furthermore with a vauban in group if he throws his vortex a little too far away from your small bubble you dont have to unbanish everyone to let them be able to shoot the vortex

Or you can split enemy groups in defense by deploying a middle-sized bubble (works well with frost bubble) and then shoot all incoming enemies (will slow enemy onslaught so that you can deal with fewer mobs at a time and pick them off as soon as they come in the bubble. meanwhile you hide inside the frost bubble and kill from there. Basically a 2layer tactic)

(Imo duration all the way 2 :D, only saying you can mod for many situations)

For the love of (insert thingy here), could you please use some punctuation D:

Let me preface this by saying that I absolutely love Limbo.  He’s an utterly unique Frame with completely new ways of interacting with enemies, and his control of the battlefield is difficult to match.  That said, I definitely think there’s room for improvement.  As a team player, he’s very hard to get along with.  His abilities don’t all play well together, and some of his mechanics are just frustrating.  Detailed below are some of my ideas for slight changes that should make him a lot more friendly, both to himself and to his allies.

General Rift Plane Mechanics:

Right now, the Rift Plane offers only minor benefits to other players.  The energy recovery is great, but the inability to pick up items is not.  Allies in the Rift are also wholly dependent on Limbo for enemies to fight, and cannot exit by themselves.  I suggest the following:

• Enemies entering or exiting the Rift by any means are briefly stunned.   Maybe something like Impact proc or a version of Excalibur’s Radial Blind effect.
  • Enemies in the Rift take 150% damage from all sources (the old Rift Surge effect; Rift Surge itself needs some tweaks anyway).
  • Allies who have been Banished to the Rift can exit at-will at any time.  I don’t know what key or command could be used, but it might not be a bad idea to give players a general way to remove allies’ buffs, should they have reason to.  Something like this wouldn’t be too badly hurt if it were a little bit intrusive.
  • I don’t know if players should be able to pick up items while in the Rift.  Disallowing it seems to punish them for another player’s actions.  They should definitely be able to pick them up within Cataclysm, though; those items are in the Rift, too!  If allies can pick up items, there’s a case to be made for restricting Limbo from doing it anyway, to occasionally force him to come back to the real world.

Banish:

• I don’t really have any issues with this ability.  It allows him to selectively bring single targets into and out of the Rift, granting him fine control over enemies that he wouldn’t otherwise have.  Guaranteed, single-target knockdown with a bit of damage is on par with several other Frames’ 1-abilities.

Rift Walk:

• Again, this ability is largely fine as-is.  It serves as a way to escape from a hairy situation with near-total invulnerability, which would be a worthwhile ability by itself.  The extra energy recovery is a bonus, and it synergizes with Banish to make Limbo devastating against small groups of enemies.
  • I’ve seen some suggestions that Rift Walk be combined with Banish, but I think this would hurt both abilities overall.  Rift Walk can’t help you escape from a tough group of enemies if you’re bringing them with you, and you can’t remove a heavy or Eximus if you follow it right into the Rift.  A different idea is that walking through an enemy while Rift Walking should Banish them, but this makes it worse than useless against melee enemies and Infested.
  • An idea with a bit more merit is to replace Rift Walk with something like “Rift Gate”: a portal to the Rift Plane that any ally or enemy can enter or exit at will.  This runs into some of the above problems with large groups and melee enemies, but not as strongly.  If this ability automatically pushed Limbo into the Rift when cast, then it could still work much as it does now, while also allowing allies greater freedom with the Rift.

Rift Surge:

• This ability, as it stands, is disappointing.  A simple buff (well, debuff, I suppose), while not very interesting, can be a great way to give a Frame some group benefit.  Rift Surge, however, is highly conditional, with too high an energy cost for what it does.  Of all Limbo’s abilities, I think this needs the most work, and I’ve outlined a few ways to go about this.
  • One option is to make its benefits more pronounced.  I’ve already suggested a passive debuff on enemies in the Rift, so make Rift Surge do other things.  Make it increase energy recovery even further while in the Rift, or grant health recovery instead.  Maybe allies move faster or enemies move more slowly.  Heck, make it so that allies can hurt enemies regardless of plane, while enemies are still stuck with fighting only what they can hit.  Make it interesting!  Extra damage is boring, and it doesn’t change the way we play the game.
  • Alternatively, replace it with Rift Gate.  Limbo creates a portal akin to Nova’s Wormhole (Oberon’s Hallowed Ground could also work), and walking through it will change your plane to the opposite.  Alone, this might be a bit lackluster for a 3-ability, so maybe the gate damages enemies that go through it, in addition to the Rift’s innate stun.  Maybe allies can get a buff for going through, too, or maybe the ability itself just has an aura around Limbo.
  • A third option is to make this ability into an area-Banish.  Something like Frost’s Ice Wave, where a portal rushes ahead of Limbo, Banishing (or un-Banishing) everything in its path.  Or, instead of that, make it a radial effect, where anything within a certain radius of Limbo has its plane reversed.  Doing something like this would require a change to Cataclysm, otherwise one or the other will be redundant.

Cataclysm:

• On the whole, this is a decent ability.  It’s a bit tricky to place it properly, and the damage and CC are minor, but the general Rift changes would at least mitigate these slightly.  What I don’t like about Cataclysm is the way it interferes with Limbo’s other abilities.  To make it a bit more synergistic, I propose the following:
  • Any enemy or ally who enters the Cataclysm’s zone is sent to the Rift Plane, with whatever that transition entails.  This happens regardless of that person’s previous status, and it overrides and ends the effects of Banish.  When Cataclysm ends, or when an ally or enemy leaves the zone, they are returned to the physical world, again cancelling any existing Rift status.  The only exception is a Limbo in Rift Walk, who will remain in the opposite plane to his surroundings for the duration of Rift Walk.  A Rift Walking Limbo within Cataclysm is physical, while a Rift Walking Limbo outside is in the Rift.
  • In tandem with this effect, using Banish on an enemy or ally within Cataclysm will return them to the physical plane.  If Banish ends or is cancelled while still within the zone, they return to the Rift until they exit or Cataclysm ends.
  • Items, objects, and entities within the Cataclysm zone are in the Rift, and can be interacted with only by those also in the Rift (assuming Banished players cannot pick up items normally).
  • As of now, the Cataclysm zone shrinks over time, before imploding at the end of its duration.  I actually don’t mind this, as it serves as a good visual indicator of how long the effect has before it ends.  It does potentially raise a problem if we combine this shrinkage with a stun upon entering or exiting the Rift, though; an enemy trying to enter the zone will be stunned upon entering, and by the time they recover it will have shrunk to the point where they are outside it again, ad infinitum.  To counter this, we could either remove the shrinkage or grant stunned enemies a brief grace period where changing plane will not stun them again.