Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova For Late Game Missions Or T4 Survival/def + Builds [Need Regular Or Expert Nova Users Here]

XaelathRavenstorm

Hello I'm planning to use my Nova or possibly main her cuz she's collecting dust since I maxed her.

Which is better for late game survivals or defense(excluding infested defense) :

[builds are based of when I crafted Nova since the rework and I know each of the builds impact since I tested each but I cannot decide which to use late game atm. All mods are maxed except for C's Blind Rage which is at rank 2 = 27%str -15%efficiency]

A: Max Slow | Average Cover Dist. | Equilibrium/Flow

Blind Rage Intensify Fleeting Expertise Streamline

Narrow Minded Flow Redirection Equilibrium

B: Max Cover Dist. | Average Slow | Equilibrium/Flow

Intensify Streamline Flow Equilibrium

Narrow Minded Continuity Constitution Redirection

C: Max Efficiency | Spammable | Above Average Slow| Average Cover Dist. | Equilibrium/Naturaltalent

Blind Rage(R2) Intensify Fleeting Expertise Streamline

Narrow Minded Redirection Naturaltalent Equilibrium

<those 3 are the builds I can't decide which to use for late game overall defense survival etc.>

Don't mind my Equilibrium addiction it's my personal counter against damage I take from slash procs once in a while.

Need help guys, a bonus if some Expert/Veteran/Regular Nova users can enlighten me. I'm open to suggestions, improvements, adjustments or opinions once you helped me which to choose from the 3 builds.

I would really appreciate help from anyone.

Extra : I've been playing since sometime in U10 but Nekros is already released and I believe the newest weapons are soma and boar prime. I only crafted Nova since the Molecular Prime Rework (U13?) because I love the wave visuals and a Rage/Lifestrike build came to mind.

This is my build:

intensifi, vitaliti, rage, qt, narrow minded, blind rage, fleeting and flow. narrow and blind are 8/10, rest maxec

I still use the old rage+qt combo, but i feel like it can be removed for redirection, streamline and your equilibrium. whit this you get a big slow and big distance, perfect for  def and sup but the energi can sometimes be a problem, take care of it.

Another option woud be the max efficienci, i quite like it, i would change natural talent for flow, just because i like it more :D

Hope it helps and sorry for bad english :D

This is my build:

intensifi, vitaliti, rage, qt, narrow minded, blind rage, fleeting and flow. narrow and blind are 8/10, rest maxec

I still use the old rage+qt combo, but i feel like it can be removed for redirection, streamline and your equilibrium. whit this you get a big slow and big distance, perfect for  def and sup but the energi can sometimes be a problem, take care of it.

Another option woud be the max efficienci, i quite like it, i would change natural talent for flow, just because i like it more :D

Hope it helps and sorry for bad english :D

thanks man this will help a lot. I like your Qt+Rage build it's self sustain the only problem is if you're playing w/ 3 ppl if the enemies are not focusing you you'll not be able to gain energy for your nuke but it's really effective on solo or duo play :)

Oh and I understand your english well np ;) thanks again

I built mine with intensify + blind rage + narrow minded + continuity + streamline + fleeting + redirection then either constitution or natural talent

Max strength, good duration/efficiency with awful range (since range only affects the size of enemy death explosions which eventually become pretty useless)

My build varies based on what I am planning.

Narrow minded+continuity, streamline+fleeting are staples no matter what, last 4 tend to flip around based on whims or need.

If you want to ignore wormhole, then build for dmg: Blind rage + intensify, then the last two are personal preference. Vitality+Equilibrium/redirection/reflex guard are good combos, but vitality is always a must. If you want to use wormhole (which honestly, you really shouldn't be ignoring at all), then you will want to run Overextended to compensate for the reduced range from Narrow Minded.

go for max efficiency and max duration, avoid minus power strenght. you just need to slow enemies and make them take more damage from all the group, the damage of MP alone is not relevant.

Some group like the enemies speeded up instead... then your group should be prepared and set up for tile camping, but that is not so common if you pug the mission, also it doesn't help with vor encounter.

Edited by perfectStranger

Forgot that part...see so many speed Novas these days.

Yeah.. Speed nova is great for infested, but in the void? No place for her there. At wave 40+ if those guys are going sonic on your &amp;#&#33; prepare to get roflstomped. Slow + damage amplification. Nova is soooo useful late void, if configured right. Best of luck to the OP.

I main nova. She is the best late game frame. good at both solo and team play.

Ultimate combines tier 2 dmg amplifier and tier 1 defense ability.

Tier 1 dmg amplifier is mirage eclipse and nova AMD.

other Tier 1 defense ability loki disarm, vauban vortex, valkyr hysteria.

best mod is

enemy radar

for map hack and safely prime enemies behind covers

max redirection + vigor

for max shield

max continuity+ narrow minded

for max duration aoe of ultimate

rank 4 streamline and fleeting expertise

for max efficiency, max level fleeting is a waste of duration

max intensity + rank 2 Transient Fortitude

for max slow of ultimate, higher level Transient is a waste of duration

only situation you use other aura is when u r doing pro 60+ T4S or defense in which case u need max corrosive projection on all party members.

with 25 energy ultimate you can spam ulti and sustain yourself from orb pickups after blow everthing up

if u runout of energy use energy restore, they are cheep late game and you won't need many because you will rarely runout of energy.

75% slow is no joke, enemies are next to being freezing completely. u run faster than they can turn.

btw ulti slow is capped at 75% just like efficiency.

Edited by dou888

Hmm... ill just leave my build here *All max except Fleeting Exp* *5 (was 3 until the MP changes) Star Nova*

Narrow minded-Constitution

Intensify (or overextended for Speed nova)

Stream line-(rank 3) Fleetin Exp [70% efficiency]

Redirection-Fortitude 

Last one varies, but gonna make it Null star buff mod

I rarely try to use MP and rather use Amd/Amd Spam

Edited by LoveNot