Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'd Love To Give You My Money De But...

YepShesDead

Skins don't carry over to prime weapons. If I've just gotten the Scindo prime, and want that new Scindo skin they released, there's no way I'm going to downgrade, so I'm not going to buy it. I'm still not sure why warframe skins carry over to the prime varients when weapons do not. And there are a lot more weapons with prime varients than warframes.

Please make it a thing. I'd buy it, yo.

The scindo skin was released last year, before scindo prime was even considered; they are re-releasing it, so there will be some inconsistensies.

But it still works on it, but, last I remember, it was a bit wonky since it is a different model.

Edited by R34LM

@YepShesDead
While I do like your idea and would enjoy using it, it comes up to this problem:
What about all of the extra bits on prime weapons compared to their normal counter parts.  How would the skin apply to it without messing up?

Compare this: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130213060423/warframe/images/thumb/b/b5/Boltor.png/250px-Boltor.png
To this: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140306030523/warframe/images/thumb/5/59/DEPrimeBoltor.png/250px-DEPrimeBoltor.png

Its not just as simple or easy as just applying the skin from the normal weapons onto the prime pieces.

The scindo skins work on the scindo prime, but when you compare the two they are almost the same.  No where near the differences as between the bolter and boltor prime.

While they could make the skins work they would have to essentially re-do the entire skin to fit the different shape and pieces and angles of the prime gear, essentially making it a completely different skin.

Skins don't carry over to prime weapons. If I've just gotten the Scindo prime, and want that new Scindo skin they released, there's no way I'm going to downgrade, so I'm not going to buy it. I'm still not sure why warframe skins carry over to the prime varients when weapons do not. And there are a lot more weapons with prime varients than warframes.

Please make it a thing. I'd buy it, yo.

OK. Don't buy yet.

Wait until after Nov 3 and when these skins are no longer available anymore and DE finally decides to make prime weapons able to use these skins...

...I wonder how you look by that time. LOL

OK. Don't buy yet.

Wait until after Nov 3 and when these skins are no longer available anymore and DE finally decides to make prime weapons able to use these skins...

...I wonder how you look by that time. LOL

You should think about how you look now, being an &#! on a constructive post :)

@YepShesDead

While I do like your idea and would enjoy using it, it comes up to this problem:

What about all of the extra bits on prime weapons compared to their normal counter parts.  How would the skin apply to it without messing up?

Compare this: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130213060423/warframe/images/thumb/b/b5/Boltor.png/250px-Boltor.png

To this: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140306030523/warframe/images/thumb/5/59/DEPrimeBoltor.png/250px-DEPrimeBoltor.png

Its not just as simple or easy as just applying the skin from the normal weapons onto the prime pieces.

The scindo skins work on the scindo prime, but when you compare the two they are almost the same.  No where near the differences as between the bolter and boltor prime.

While they could make the skins work they would have to essentially re-do the entire skin to fit the different shape and pieces and angles of the prime gear, essentially making it a completely different skin.

Ahh, I see what you mean. It's just that, being rank 16 and owning almost ALL of the weapons, I see a bunch of really lovely skins that I'd love to use but the cosmetic isn't worth the damage decrease.

You should think about how you look now, being an @$$ on a constructive post :)

Wow. No need to insult there.

Did you see my other post also complaining about this?

I was suggesting that you could just buy them and complain at the same time that way you don't have to come back here later and put up another complain thread...

Who knows... maybe something like "DE didn't want you to buy..." because you were so busying complaining and letting the limitted time items passed so then they would need to put the items back on sale just for you?

Normally the prime weapons' meshes are a lot different than their normal counterparts' meshes. That said, using a different skin [which basically really just replaces certain maps for the model itself, such as normal maps, specular maps, etc] would mean that you are using a different UV map, which displaces details as they are not completely the same.

It could still work if both the prime and normal versions had UV maps that are almost similar to each other. That way, it'd be much easier to compromise for the extra tibits that the prime's mesh has over the normal mesh. Of course, that's not the only solution out there.