Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transmutation-Only Archwing Mods? (Solved As Of 15.0.7)

LGear

So I've been tallying where each of the Archwing mods drop from which unit, and there are some disturbing holes in the lineup where mods do not drop from any of the Archwing level enemies whatsoever. In fact, according to the Codex they don't drop from any unit at all. Yet people have apparently had success acquiring them through transmutation, hence the only conclusion is that currently these mods are Transmutation exclusive.

Here's the list of said mods:

225px-EnhancedDurability.png

225px-AuxillaryPower.png

225px-HollowedBullets.png

225px-ElectrifiedBarrel.png

225px-ModifiedMunitions.png

225px-TemperedBlade.png

Six transmutation only mods, with one of them being a Health mod, another being an Energy mod and one other being an Elemental mod. This is a serious oversight, given that some of these mods are not esoteric mods like say, Shield Flux, but are actually basic to modding efforts like increasing HP and giving elemental damage.

I'm hoping that these mods be given to Archwing enemies as drops soon.

Edit: Problem solved as of 15.0.7, all the mods now have enemy drops.

Edited by LGear

Some, like the rares, were likely meant for Interception. yet they done goofed and never added to the drop table. Or gave it a .01% chance. Because they have a history of too many zeros in their mod codes. And we could never know because *shhhh* its a secret and DE encrypted the drop tables.

Edited by Firetempest

tempered blade and auxilery power do drop since i got it and havent used transmute...

If you can remember which missions they dropped it would be appreciated.

Are we sure they don't drop? It's new content; I'm sure the wiki information isn't complete.

As the person who provided all the Archwing mod pics for the wiki, I also took the liberty of checking out the ingame Codex to see their drops after I've completely scanned all the Archwing enemies. The mods I displayed on the opening post are those that don't have a corresponding enemy to drop from, and ones that the Codex does have blank drop sources for - basically, instead of showing "????" indicating that the source is undiscovered, the Codex simply doesn't show anything at all.

As the person who provided all the Archwing mod pics for the wiki, I also took the liberty of checking out the ingame Codex to see their drops after I've completely scanned all the Archwing enemies. The mods I displayed on the opening post are those that don't have a corresponding enemy to drop from, and ones that the Codex does have blank drop sources for - basically, instead of showing "????" indicating that the source is undiscovered, the Codex simply doesn't show anything at all.

I see, thanks for the info. I guess i'll start transmuting things and hope for something to come from it.

No drop in the codex could also mean wave/round reward...

So it's more likely to be an interception round reward.

I don't think they'd be transmute only. Health especially so.

we should get a party together and test this cause no one stays past waves 3-5 in pubs >.>

So... I can't say specifically where I picked them up - but...

I did Extra Life this weekend and rewarded myself with some plat, some of which I blew on mod packs. I think I got Hollowed Bullets from one.

Pretty sure I picked up Tempered Blade on an intercept mission, in fact I think I had 3 of them at one point that I have given to friends.

The Critical Chance modifiers and Critical Damage modifiers both drop - so not sure why someone is not saying the dont - I have chance/damage on both my gun/melee weapons.

Haven't seen hide nor hair out of the rest though. 

Epic fail I must say, especially with crucial ones like the Health one.

Only crucial mod I see there is electrified barrel, I get tons of health from my Zephyr.

Another fun fact is that the Critical Hit one doesn't drop, but the Critical Damage one does - and it is rather useless without the former.

The two Arch-melee weapons we have both have 5% base crit. It's safe to say that crit mods won't be useful on them either way.

Edited by BerelHawdos