Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Early Syndicate Feedback

Oates_

I'll start with the controversial bit, and then explain the logic. Syndicate rewards should be almost purely cosmetic. Anything that affects the loadout of your warframe or weapons should not be obtainable via Syndicates. I think that the spectres, keys, and other such items are fine.

Here's why. The amount of time required for someone to obtain items from a Syndicate is intentionally lengthy. That's fine in and of itself. We don't need another system that can be plowed through in one weekend. The problem is that some people have more time to play the game than others. Because Syndicate reputation is based on XP gain, those with more time will more quickly obtain items from the Syndicates. This means that people who do not have as much time to play are put at a disadvantage when building their loadout.

You could argue that the same is true for RNG drops, but it isn't. That's RNG. It could drop from the 50th enemy or the 5000th enemy. Syndicates don't have the 'lucky' minimum amount. You will get the required amount of score, or you will buy it from someone who can.

If it were all cosmetics, it wouldn't matter. It would be a sign that you have played the game for X amount of time and you are dedicated to your Syndicate. Exclusive cosmetics do not affect gameplay. Exclusive mods do.

The reason I play exceptions with specters and keys is because we can build custom specters and we can farm keys. They are not truly exclusive, and therefore Syndicates offer a convenient, relatively cheap way to obtain those items.

I would personally welcome an endgame system designed around difficult to obtain cosmetics. I play warframe mostly because it is visually appealing. Many new players are, I believe, drawn to the game because it looks so damn good. Would it not be appropriate for the end to match the beginning in that regard?

Thank you for your time.

so what you're saying here, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, is that those who have the time to play at their leisure should not be rewarded for their work, and the ones who don't have the time should get it easy? Yea no way.

you may enjoy cosmetics, and that's cool. I on the other hand, want things that DO things.

I have all the cosmetics i could need, note the Grand masters emblem. I want my moves to do something, and earning that through syndicates is fine with me.

If you're having trouble leveling them, get an affinity booster.

"The problem is that some people have more time to play the game than others. Because Syndicate reputation is based on XP gain, those with more time will more quickly obtain items from the Syndicates. This means that people who do not have as much time to play are put at a disadvantage when building their loadout." <-------uhhhhhhh this aint a competitive game dude.

Edited by ObviousLee

If you average all drops over time and compare the number of different mods player A who play like every day gets and player B who plays only once per week gets, you will see a difference. People who can't play that much can catch up with platinum. There is nothing wrong with it. And tbh there are currently like 4-5 mods as syndicate rewards that are viable. It's so minor.. it's a joke.

so what you're saying here, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, is that those who have the time to play at their leisure should not be rewarded for their work, and the ones who don't have the time should get it easy? Yea no way.

you may enjoy cosmetics, and that's cool. I on the other hand, want things that DO things.

I have all the cosmetics i could need, note the Grand masters emblem. I want my moves to do something, and earning that through syndicates is fine with me.

If you're having trouble leveling them, get an affinity booster.

"The problem is that some people have more time to play the game than others. Because Syndicate reputation is based on XP gain, those with more time will more quickly obtain items from the Syndicates. This means that people who do not have as much time to play are put at a disadvantage when building their loadout." <-------uhhhhhhh this aint a competitive game dude.

What he said

so what you're saying here, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, is that those who have the time to play at their leisure should not be rewarded for their work, and the ones who don't have the time should get it easy?

No, that is not what I am saying.

Syndicate rewards should be almost purely cosmetic. Anything that affects the loadout of your warframe or weapons should not be obtainable via Syndicates.

I'm only talking about Syndicates, not the game as a whole. I agree, we need a system that rewards players who play for longer periods of time with non-cosmetic rewards. I do not think that Syndicates should be that system.