Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Request For Official De Response On The Sigil Question

SolarDwagon

I already know the answer but I'm all for an official post to put the endless threads to rest. +1

I would very very much appreciate and answer from DE directly. But, I think it's been fairly thoroughly proven what's what.

If someone could link me to the best thread where this is explored I'd appreciate it, until we can get some official response.

If someone could link me to the best thread where this is explored I'd appreciate it, until we can get some official response.

Sorry, I haven't seen any one good thread to explain it, more like, little bits and pieces from about four or five (which I'm sure you've seen). Personally, I just decided to test it out for myself rather than go off of other peoples word. 

Everyone seems to say that they don't increase anything. Test it yourself. Do an exterminate mission (or whatever you think would be the most consistent in how many enemies you kill) 4-5 times and record all of the results. Do the missions the same way (don't get affinity orbs, don't complete the affinity objectives). Equip a higher rank sigil and repeat the process.

Everyone seems to say that they don't increase anything. Test it yourself. Do an exterminate mission (or whatever you think would be the most consistent in how many enemies you kill) 4-5 times and record all of the results. Do the missions the same way (don't get affinity orbs, don't complete the affinity objectives). Equip a higher rank sigil and repeat the process.

not everyone loves to waste 20-30k standing like that, but if you do... feel free to do it and report the results here.

imho an official answer is way better than testing in this case. (thx Pablo for that, altought it is a "bad news" )

The sigils do not provide additional reputation gains, only buy them if you think they would look cool on you.

Higher tiered ones have some additional visual effects when you wear them.

That killed my hopes... So we won't receive any cosmetic item that changes the gameplay...

Helmets with no stats

Armors that don't add armor points

And Sigils that don't affect the reputation

Will we get cosmetic shields that don't protect us?

Anyway, nice work with these designs, some sigils actually look pretty damn cool.

That killed my hopes... So we won't receive any cosmetic item that changes the gameplay...

Helmets with no stats

Anyway, nice work with these designs, some sigils actually look pretty damn cool.

It be bad if the weapons will turn into cosmetic only, same with every frame, but that is something DE wont go luckly. i hope.

Edited by Cebius

The sigils do not provide additional reputation gains, only buy them if you think they would look cool on you.

Good luck getting that answer anytime soon.

Nope.png

there is no effect and i think they shouldnt have effect, but a clarification is nice

this is great. cant wait to get my assassin sigil!

Edited by Eric1738

Not good Pablo. They should do it. We have to pay to claim them. 

Helmets with no stats

This really raises a big issue, all these armors and sigils should give us a benefit of some kind(in the case of helments, return their stats). I'm soon to have Loki Prime, that warframe looks awesome and has an awesome helment design, but I'll never use it because my arcane Swindle is needed to maintain my build of choice for loki, therefore, I submit that we need an item that let's us transfer the stats of a helment (arcane's obviously because I don't see stat helms coming back) to another, even a default one, this way we can have the cosmetic look we want without giving up stats. This would especially make the folks that came after, the nekros update(i think) happy since they had to trade plat or something or other for the arcane helms that older players already had.

*Slow Clap* So buying them are useless basically and you just want us to grind more and more, way to go

I really don't like the fact that the sigils are merely cosmetic.

I guess the only one worth a damn is the last one just because it is the last one.

There is no reason to buy any other.

How disappointing.

If we can earn it in game it should give us some sort of benefit.

Edited by Ziegrif

The sigils do not provide additional reputation gains, 

Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.

Still disappointed though; looking at the offerings first time, usual video game logic immediately led me (and many others, evidently) to believe the more expensive Sigils would boost your gain. It would make sense in terms of the dilemma players would be put in - buy one good mod now, or get a high-end Sigil and farm for the good mods faster?

I don't mind grinding for good rewards, but when the reputation requirements continously go up while the possible reputation gain remains constant, the grind becomes downright unenjoyable.

Oh well, can't say I'm surprised.

Still disappointed though; looking at the offerings first time, usual video game logic immediately led me (and many others, evidently) to believe the more expensive Sigils would boost your gain. It would make sense in terms of the dilemma players would be put in - buy one good mod now, or get a high-end Sigil and farm for the good mods faster?

I don't mind grinding for good rewards, but when the reputation requirements continously go up while the possible reputation gain remains constant, the grind becomes downright unenjoyable.

rank 1 get to i think it was 7,000 now to get to rank 2 its 22,000