Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolarDwagon

A Request For Official De Response On The Sigil Question

I don't see why DE is so stubborn what we ask for does not break your game it allows us to make some actual progress 

Was wondering this and its pretty disappointing to hear the answer. Oh well, hopefully DE will at lest show us what these " visual effects" are  because I'm not spending points to find out. 

Was wondering this and its pretty disappointing to hear the answer. Oh well, hopefully DE will at lest show us what these " visual effects" are  because I'm not spending points to find out. 

The fact that you can't even preview them too..

yup, like a jump in the dark (that none else feels the need to do) i wonder how DE tought these sigils could be attractive to us since they have:

- insane cost

- no preview

- no advantages

...(H)opefully DE will at lest show us what these " visual effects" are  because I'm not spending points to find out. 

DE, players really need functional previews of the visual effects the various Sigils provide, especially since it's the only reason to purchase one. 

Seems to me the equivalent situation would be offering players a new reinforcement gun, telling them it's no better then their existing weapons, and then providing no description or image of the weapon.  New Reinforcement weapons may often fall into this category, but you tell us and show us how they work; please provide us with the same information about the higher-level Sigils.

It's a fair request.

DE, players really need functional previews of the visual effects the various Sigils provide, especially since it's the only reason to purchase one. 

Seems to me the equivalent situation would be offering players a new reinforcement gun, telling them it's no better then their existing weapons, and then providing no description or image of the weapon.  New Reinforcement weapons may often fall into this category, but you tell us and show us how they work; please provide us with the same information about the higher-level Sigils.

It's a fair request.

Logic doesn't seem to work around here lol

The sigils do not provide additional reputation gains, only buy them if you think they would look cool on you.

Higher tiered ones have some additional visual effects when you wear them.

Now all I wonder is if there will be some better representation for them, or some means of previewing so we know what we're really getting if we pick up one of those higher-tiered sigils. I know in the devstream they were showing off one with some fire effect, and I guess there are sigils like that, but we just don't know?

How about using credits and not reputation to but stuff from syndicated using reputation makes no sense whatsoever, because I buy stuff from my syndicate makes them like me less? How does that even work, I see no point in buying anything until I reach max rank and max reputation because I can not make extra progress buying what a syndicate offers me. The system is broken whether you want to see it or not, and I think you are turning a blind eye to this, don't even get me started on these "sacrifices".

Points increase when you are doing favors for them and decrease when they are doing favors for you.

I can understand purchasing some of the mods and such with reputation (albeit at a smaller cost than is currently set), but sigils are supposed to be a reward that you unlock through loyalty for a faction. You shouldn't have to grind for them, they should be bonuses you accrue along the way; a status symbol, of sorts.

If I see someone now with a fancy sigil, I don't think "Wow, there goes a big [syndicate here] supporter", I think "Wow, either that person really loves that sigil or they recently got lobotomized."

How about using credits and not reputation to but stuff from syndicated using reputation makes no sense whatsoever, because I buy stuff from my syndicate makes them like me less? How does that even work, I see no point in buying anything until I reach max rank and max reputation because I can not make extra progress buying what a syndicate offers me. The system is broken whether you want to see it or not, and I think you are turning a blind eye to this, don't even get me started on these "sacrifices".

The main problem with the syndicates is exactly that^. The sigil not giving more rep would not be a problem if you would not have to lower your rank to buy it lol. 

I can understand purchasing some of the mods and such with reputation (albeit at a smaller cost than is currently set), but sigils are supposed to be a reward that you unlock through loyalty for a faction. You shouldn't have to grind for them, they should be bonuses you accrue along the way; a status symbol, of sorts.

If I see someone now with a fancy sigil, I don't think "Wow, there goes a big [syndicate here] supporter", I think "Wow, either that person really loves that sigil or they recently got lobotomized."

In the very few short days that Update 15 has been out, if people already have alternate higher tier sigils, obviously they are easy enough to get. The whole point isn't to grind through the ranks of a Syndicate in a day or two. Eventually all your support pays off and you'll have access to the goodies, perhaps running out of other things you'd use your points on.

In the very few short days that Update 15 has been out, if people already have alternate higher tier sigils, obviously they are easy enough to get. The whole point isn't to grind through the ranks of a Syndicate in a day or two. Eventually all your support pays off and you'll have access to the goodies, perhaps running out of other things you'd use your points on.

A large group of people found a way to get bonus rep in missions before de "fixed" it

Wow this is disappointing.  Syndicates aren't doing so well in my book.  With this official response, the Syndicates system is just another grindwall for stuff that isn't worth it.  The sacrifice cost + the insane amount of rep needed makes this grind real bad.

Wow wasted so much rep for these sigils thinking they'd help speed the process up.

Week is now ruined.

And of course the only tower 4 key I give a crap about is bought from dark and edgy:the syndicate, whom I hate.

I hope they reconsider. Were not asking for a combat advantage like the Arcane helms, just better progression.

If I wear a Sigil that can only be gained when I'm a Partner in Perrin Sequence, IMHO it is only logical that I gain more reputation. Being a "True Believer" right now means you're the same as the MR2 Initiate, because you spent all your rep getting what is essentially a bumper sticker.

"Honk If You Believe In Profit Without Conflict. Perrin Sequence."

The sigils do not provide additional reputation gains, only buy them if you think they would look cool on you.

Would it hurt you guys if you changed it so it actually gave bonus reputation? After all its a lot time and resources you are asking for that thing and in the end it give nothing? Would you also go through what else you want to add to this system? Would be great to hear.

On one side you missed a nice gameplay mechanic.

On the other side... Free cosmetics! Meh, not even mad. Unless they will someday be put into the shop for plat and people will lose their S#&$, because reasons

It's fine, they don't need to be changed.

Because they offer NO BENEFIT that means there is absolutely no reason for you to ever buy them if you think they're too expensive. So don't. Them being purely cosmetic is perfectly acceptable and reasonable.

These are more for just bragging rights and showing off. The people who want to do that or just have the extra points will be more than happy to buy them for that reason alone. Just like people are more than willing to buy armor attachments that give you absolutely no benefit either (and with real money at that).

If they did offer some sort of additional rep gain the higher you go people would probably complain even more because of how expensive some of them are.

First bit......awww.

second bit...............Sweet!

strange, I had a chat with a guy from my clan and it seemed like he was getting like double reputation with 1 rank higher sigil when he was in the same mission with me.. but then again, it was right after the big update and I don´t know what mechanics are behind the calculation that could cause that difference

strange, I had a chat with a guy from my clan and it seemed like he was getting like double reputation with 1 rank higher sigil when he was in the same mission with me.. but then again, it was right after the big update and I don´t know what mechanics are behind the calculation that could cause that difference

Could be a booster too, in the event you don't have one.