Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron And Critical Chance

GetBrocked

Just a simple question.  Is it worth running Crit Chance and Crit Damage mods on the Latron with (according to the Wiki) at base 7.5% crit chance (that gives it slightly less then 20% crit chance?).  Or should I go with elemental damage such as frost and fire?

Thanks.

Crit chance and crit damage aren't good on anything except if you're Ash or Loki. Then crit damage is good on melee.

Fire is good for ancients, AP is OP, fire rate damage multishot reload speed and if you still have slots throw a magazine size in.

IMO, frost damage is a yes on every weapon. For me at least damage to shields/slow is always worth it.

If you mod for crit, mod for at least 60% multishot as well, that way you have two separate chances of dealing "extra" damage.

Cheers.

Latron is likely the 2nd worst gun in the game

When you up it's crit chance you multiply the two:

So would be 7.5% x 150% = 18.75% chance to crit (an increase of 11.25%)

Terrible. . . and obvious not worth applying when while you still have other damage mods you can put on

Put Split Chamber on since you have the "V" polarity and then just put on 2-4 other damage mods spending on your mod level

Edits: Supercharging is not recommended

Edited by MaximumSquid

IMO, frost damage is a yes on every weapon. For me at least damage to shields/slow is always worth it.

If you mod for crit, mod for at least 60% multishot as well, that way you have two separate chances of dealing "extra" damage.

Cheers.

Exactly :D

Latron is likely the 2nd worst gun in the game

When you up it's crit chance you multiply the two:

So would be 7.5% x 150% = 18.75% chance to crit (an increase of 11.25%)

Terrible. . . and obvious not worth applying when while you still have other damage mods you can put on

Put Split Chamber on since you have the "V" polarity and then just put on 2-4 other damage mods spending on your mod level

Edits: Supercharging is not recommended

it's better than both the lato and snipertron and if the paris is anything like the snipertron, latron bets that too

Currently I have serration at 100% Multishot at 90% Ap maxed and 60% firerate.  Was just wondering if crit or elemental damage was better.

Crit is absolute gobS#&$e on the Latron no matter what anyone tells you.

And the Lex a pistol, properly modded, is better than the latron thanks to the higher base damage, and 15% base crit chance.

crit is a trash stat in warframe,(gg De) and out side of raw bullet damage the lex is worse in every way. i'll keep the latron

Currently I have serration at 100% Multishot at 90% Ap maxed and 60% firerate.  Was just wondering if crit or elemental damage was better.

I used to use Crit Chance / Crit Damage, but it's really not worthwhile. Stacking elements is more consistent. I've switched my (potatoed) loadout to 90% Multishot, 90% Damage, 90% Freeze Damage, 60% AP Damage, 30% Magazine Capacity (might switch soon), 40% Fire Rate, and 60% Fire/Electric Damage, depending on whether I'm fighting Infested or not.

They should just make so crit chance stacks instead of multiplying it on a base, then make it so any value above 100% is added to crit damage increase, that way they could damage balance weapons by giving them different base crit values which would add to crit damage modifier.

They mentioned that they increased crit values for all weapons. The 7.5% is an outdated value.

not to mention it was a bit of guesswork in the first place considering devs have never listed the crit rate for any weapon; based on firing the gun x amount of times and tallying the crits.