Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steep Cost Of Syndicate Promotion

Athena-Saber

So I just ranked up from Respected to Honored in the Red Veil. All of the rep points I had to earn, all 22,000 of it went down the drain at the press of a button along with a Forma and a few thousand credits. Now, to reach the Esteemed rank, not only do I need to farm twice the rep points needed for Honored where I needed to buy an Affinity Booster to get even a decent yield of rep points per mission (5 waves on Sechura, Pluto would give me around 120~ rep points with a booster active), but I also need to fork over an Orokin Catalyst + 100,000 credits. I understand the steep cost of each rank up in Syndicates but at least let us keep the rep points we farm up cause resetting that amount back to zero all of a sudden is pretty much a huge $&*^ move.

If I were to use an analogy: If Syndicates were a workplace, you would need to pay your boss to get yourself promoted, then lose every cent you've earned just to get promoted, only to grind it all back twofold and lose it again.

Edited by Grumpface

If you use an ability heavy frame, you will get more reputation points since the ability affinity is directly siphoned.

I have found Mag (Shield Polarise) and Saryn (Miasma) are best so far (Bladestorm has a long casting time and overall poor DPS), although Nekros' Desecrate spam may do nicely too.

I have also seen theories that upgraded sigils provide a greater reputation gain, but no-one has confirmed this either way. (I will try tonight)

Edited by Kthal

If you use an ability heavy frame, you will get more reputation points since the ability affinity is directly siphoned.

I have found Mag (Shield Polarise) and Saryn (Miasma) are best so far (Bladestorm has a long casting time and overall poor DPS), although Nekros' Desecrate spam may do nicely too.

I have also seen theories that upgraded sigils provide a greater reputation gain, but no-one has confirmed this either way. (I will try tonight)

I bought the Armada sigil from Steel Meridian and it doesn't seem to give me any bonuses compared to the base sigil of Red Veil. Also, I tried the spamming method. I ran with a Nova, modded her for max energy capacity and efficiency and just spammed Mprime all mission long to get that 200 affinity per cast and I still barely decent rep yield per farming session.

Edited by Grumpface

I bought the Armada sigil from Steel Meridian and it doesn't seem to give me any bonuses compared to the base sigil of Red Veil. Also, I tried the spamming method. I ran with a Nova, modded her for max energy capacity and efficiency and just spammed Mprime all mission long to get that 200 affinity per cast and I still barely decent rep yield per farming session.

The affinity seems to be gained from ability kills more than the cost itself, I only suggested Nekros due to the massive spam.

MP now gives affinity to the chain trigger, and not the explosion chain itself, so if you make sure to detonate MP using Antimatter Drop, you should do a lot better.

Shame that the sigils don't provide a bonus if that is the case. I will still investigate though.

what kthal says is wrong

I did 35 waves odd, everyone in the team got same amount of rep

it depends on nothing anymore, you can ask and get the same

Having done Cerberus, Pluto, multiple times using a variety of frames, I am confident that ability kills award the most reputation.

That said, the second best reputation is from ally kills and shared affinity, so in ODD everyone will do well.

In short, ability kills are best for you and are very good for the rest of the team too.

Edited by Kthal

The affinity seems to be gained from ability kills more than the cost itself, I only suggested Nekros due to the massive spam.

MP now gives affinity to the chain trigger, and not the explosion chain itself, so if you make sure to detonate MP using Antimatter Drop, you should do a lot better.

Shame that the sigils don't provide a bonus if that is the case. I will still investigate though.

Having done Cerberus, Pluto, multiple times using a variety of frames, I am confident that ability kills award the most reputation.

That said, the second best reputation is from ally kills and shared affinity, so in ODD everyone will do well.

In short, ability kills are best for you and are very good for the rest of the team too.

I tested it on Cerberus too. One run with weapon kills, one run with purely ability kills. The run with ability kills actually gave me 50 less points. Meanwhile, other player feedback say otherwise i.e. more expensive sigils give a rep bonus/ability kills give you more rep/etc. IDK, I just feel so disappointed after I hit that "sacrifice" button. The way I see it if this system doesn't get adjustments is that we're going to bust ourselves for weeks, months for those with less forgiving schedules, for mods that might not even be worth an eighth of the effort it needed to get them.

...You just said that the sigil made no difference.

So which is it?

As for reputation tests, you either need to solo or have a group of players which you know will behave consistently.

Incidentally, I reliably get 1,000-1,200 in four rounds on Cerberus.

Edited by Kthal