Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapon Augment Mods Not That Helpful?

The_Markie

You're saying that in the only 3 mods per Syndicate, you put in one for Jaw Sword? Are you kidding me? I haven't seen anyone using Jaw Sword since 1996, I was BORN IN 1996.

And also one for Skana? Who uses Skana at thousands of Standing points in a Syndicate? And then another one for Dark Dagger? What the heck is a Dark Dagger? It has sunk even lower than the "Worth Collecting" level ever since Karyst surfaced.

Come on, seriously, where are the weapons that set the milestones in playing Warframe? Braton, Latron, Paris, Bronco, Kunai, Bo, Glaive, Fang, Reaper. There are countless weapons out there that are more widely used, worth extending the capability of and always good to have.

Don't say "It's authentic to their agenda and tenets" because I can't really see any connection nor reason to suddenly roll in a bunch of random weapons and take up the valuable slots.

PS: Don't get me wrong. I've been using the same 2 weapons for like 4 - 5 updates: Latron Prime and Bo. That's it, I don't have any incentive to find other weapons and I don't really care. I'm not some power-gaming baby who mains Boltor-Prime, Loki Prime and Bo Prime then start crying. I just think the entire current list of favored weapons is straight-out hit-and-miss, and that's a bummer.

Edited by The_Markie

I think those additions are awesome...  if they continue adding that kind of mods there wont be any more "tier god" weapons because all weapons will be viable, this is exactly what Warframe needs, on the other hand... shooting smite to an ally to make him/her do radiation damage... i'm not sure i want to change one of my mods for that... but dude... 100%bonus damage on a Skana or Jaw sword is pretty cool, what did you expect? a 1000% damage to Boltor Prime? would you really enjoy playing a game in which everyone uses the same weapon?...

You mean there are even other weapons in this game aside from Boltor-P, Akvasto and Dragon Nikana? Never heard of them.

Seriously though, this is DE for you. They are ridiculously good at some things, and just awkwardly illogical at others. So sometimes month after month after month the'll release weapons so worthless it's a pain to even spend an hour pushing them to 30. Same is with mods, and I suspect that it's the DE's pathological fear of power creep that's the reason.

Yes, I know that people at lower ranks need to play with something until they can get a Soma at least, but you know, I have a potatoed regular latron, or that grineer rifle that came out with Broberon (I can't even remember the name), and I'm not really happy to have wasted a potato on it.

If a primary is worth playing with, it's worth putting 6 forma in, but there are just oh so few of those.

Dear DE, this is a game with endlessly scaling enemies, so please give us more strong stuff! Strong weapons, strong mods, strong frames! It's really ok, like seriously, I promise!

Dear DE, this is a game with endlessly scaling enemies, so please give us more strong stuff! Strong weapons, strong mods, strong frames! It's really ok, like seriously, I promise!

DE doesn't balance weapons for endlessly spawning enemies.  The mods are good for their purpose.  No, they won't help us go hours into a survival or a hundred waves in a defense, but that isn't something DE intends to support to begin with.

For what they're worth, I find the mods appropriate.  100% more damage from the Skana isn't going to make it godly, but it's a better alternative to spoiled strike.

Also, I doubt this is the final list of warframe ability and weapon mods syndicates will offer.  I'll admit I raised an eyebrow with some of the weapon selections though.  Why do Perrin Sequence and New Loka support Grineer weaponry?  Why do the peace supporters have Valkyr, the warframe most prone to fits of ultra-violence, as a favored warframe?

And then another one for Dark Dagger? What the heck is a Dark Dagger?

dark dagger is a decent weapon that does 45 radiation damage. on ground slam it always has toxin aoe and its one of the only 2 weapons that can have a triple element build (radiation, corrosive and blast), making it an amasing anti-grineer weapon, and a decent anti-corpus one

I don't know what those '+1 Justice' or whatever stats do but they might make a difference. Even if they are just flavor text the hek and the dual cleavers  mods look pretty good.

You mean there are even other weapons in this game aside from Boltor-P, Akvasto and Dragon Nikana? Never heard of them.

Akvasto? Isn't that some mastery trash weapon people who can't get a Marelok use?

Edited by BerelHawdos

Why are environmentalists even allied to dirty capitalist pigs? What's 42? Where am I? :D

Yes not much logic there. Still, I consider mechanical problems to be of more concern, like the fact that said mods require tons of rep grind and then tons of standing points to get. Why even bother with all the different sigils then if they're not worth the huge amounts of standing points they cost? Idk, seems like DE just rushed this one without much polish.

Actually, I'm glad that the offerings are so weak. Means I don't have to get them for maximum performance.

dark dagger is a decent weapon that does 45 radiation damage. on ground slam it always has toxin aoe and its one of the only 2 weapons that can have a triple element build (radiation, corrosive and blast), making it an amasing anti-grineer weapon, and a decent anti-corpus one

More then two.

Detron, Nukor, Dark melees, Tysis, the explosive weapons, Stug,.

Unless you just meant melees.

Akvasto? Isn't that some mastery trash weapon people who can't get a Marelok use?

Ahaha lolno. Marelok is good, but it's a sniping weapon, not ideal for all situations. It just can't match Akvasto's raw usability and no secondary in the game can. (And yes, I do own them all). Akvasto is Godly. ;)

I'm a gonna sit back and watch these for a bit. Who knows what DE has in the tank. It could be something glorious, it could be a sign of some interesting changes. If it's intended to make some older weapons more viable then they may need to rethink them, but like I said. Imagonnasitbackandwait.

Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

Not only are they garbage, the weapons they are for are all garbage as well.

I don't even use Boltor Prime, I see weapons and their uses. The only real OP weapon I have ever used is Marelock, but good lord these mods are for the worst weapons ever.

I get that the syndicates like the weapons, but just...jesus christ these augments are so bad.

I'm 100% glad I had no hype at all for this update or more importantly these augments. They are the second most disappointing thing with this update, the first being the serious layer of grind added to an already thick grind wall.

Third worst thing is the only tower 4 key I care about being offered by the syndicate I hate most. Dark and Edgy syndicate. Gross.

The Burston Prime from Abiters might be good.

At least it is on a Prime weapon rather than some other garbage...

The Nyx and Trinity one's are worse.

Close though, in the race to the bottom.

Yeah it is really imbalanced. I loooove the Excalibro one; not only does it sound good but it fits perfectly with his theme! Same with Mirage and Ash.

Edited by Brimir