Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapon Augment Mods Not That Helpful?

The_Markie

I wish there was an ogris mod but on the topic of the dark dagger and so, the ever since the charge melee attacks were taken away the dark sword and dagger lost their point. The jaw sword has faded into the abyss, i still have its BP a;long with some other useless melee and they just sit there unused.

The only one I am psyched over is the Hek one because that has always been my favourite weapon in the game.

Hek mod is one of the good ones. Some of those unique weapon mods are just more 'meh' to a 'meh' weapon, which makes it totally uninteresting. 

The purpose of those mods is (should be) to pick up those beginner-level mods and put it up with the top tier ones. Some are more successful than others. 

Ahaha lolno. Marelok is good, but it's a sniping weapon, not ideal for all situations. It just can't match Akvasto's raw usability and no secondary in the game can. (And yes, I do own them all). Akvasto is Godly. ;)

Godly? In your dreams maybe. Marelok not only does more dmg, but it also has better status. Neither is great vs crowds of enemies, but that is why we have brakk. And no Marelok isn't a sniping weapon just because it can snipe a bit. If you want a sniping gun get Lex it actually requires you to be accurate and get headshots whereas with Marelok you can shoot some1 is the foot and they still die.

At least the majority of Warframe augments are worth it.

Loki's is utter crapola.

There are exactly 5 warframe augment mods that are worth it: Nyx, Nekros, Ash, Mirage and Excalibur. Hydroid migh get some use. Loki's will probably be trash unless the make the invincibility last 6+ sec then it migh be broken and abuseable but I doubt it lasts more than 3 sec.

There are exactly 5 warframe augment mods that are worth it: Nyx, Nekros, Ash, Mirage and Excalibur. Hydroid migh get some use. Loki's will probably be trash unless the make the invincibility last 6+ sec then it migh be broken and abuseable but I doubt it lasts more than 3 sec.

Nyx's one is trash. Rhino's one is nice. 

So let’s take a look at each weapon separately:

Steel meridian:

Hek: one of the most popular, the 200% multishot bonus at max rank may put hek on the fight for the king of the shotguns considering you can pair it with hell's chamber for a grand total of 320% multishot.

Sobek: assuming that “status chance +20” (not 20%) means a flat increase on to status proc chance (meaning a boost from 15% to 35% just by using this mod alone); it’s makes sobek a viable weapon once again giving more options for boomstick enthusiasts out there.

Dual cleavers: the cleavers are a good mid-tier weapon, although when it comes to dual swords most players go for dual ichors for more damage or dual zoren for coptering. This “uncorrupted” version of spoiled strike sure does increase the appeal for the grinner choppers although it doesn’t bring it any closer to competing with ichors and zorens.

Verdict: this faction sure brings a good selection of mods for mid-tier weapons, being one the best syndicates as far as weapon selection goes.

Arbiters:

Burston prime: burst rifles are far from being top-tier weapons (some players would disagree on this point when comes to sybaris though), however a 80% fire rate increase does look appealing (specially considering the fact that to achieve the same effect with shred and speed trigger would require 2 mod slots and 18 mod capacity) and may allow burston prime to be on even ground with Sybaris (higher clip size, fire rate and status chance VS higher crit chance and damage).

Viper: a low-tier gun with low damage and poor ammo economy, not much to say here, a clip size bonus of 40 extra bullets and the “truth” buff (whatever that is) hardly makes this gun worth using. Compared to the akimbo version, it grants over twice the clip size (54 vs. 24) with half the reload time. Compared to wraith version: 54 vs. 40, half the reload time and reduced damage.

Jaw sword: same case as the dual cleavers when it comes to single swords.

Verdict: less appealing weapons when compared to steel meridian, add to that the fact that reaching the rank required to obtain the mods require you to give up a bo prime handle (a hard-to-get part for a weapon that’s far better than any of the weapons favored by the arbiters) makes this syndicate a very poor choice for weapon mods.

Suda:

Bolto: adds a thunderbolt effect to the bolts with a proc chance of 20%, looks saucy as bolto is pretty good for a mid-tier gun. The main outcry against this mod is “why not akbolto instead?” Both guns offer the same damage, bolto has half the reload time while akbolto has twice the clip size (more sustained fire). In the end, the dilemma around this mod is: do you want more burst damage and aoe or more sustained fire?

Supra: same case as sobek, although supra ranks as a “mediocre” weapon right now (witch is pretty disappointing considering it’s a clan tech weapon that requires rank mastery 7 to build). Supra has been long due to a buff and this mod alone doesn’t really count as the one it really needs.

Kestrel: the most accessible “glaive-type” weapon, witch accounts for an enthusiast's group of melee weapons for most of the time, paired with whirlwind it becomes the fastest glaive in the game. Glaive users may like it, not much to say about it.

Verdict: the bolto mod may turn out to be a diamond in the rough and if supra gets buffed (even a slight damage increase would suffice) this may turn out to be a good selection of favored weapons. Time will tell.

Red veil:

Dark dagger: single daggers have been a sub-par group of melee weapons for quite a while now and dark dagger is among the most underwhelming weapons in the group. A mod that doubles it status chance just doesn’t seem to be enough to change that imo.

Embolist: one of those “love it or hate it” guns (hated for most of the part due to its poor ammo economy and low range). Triple clip size means more sustained fire but doesn’t improve the ammo and range problems (witch might have been better choices for the mod bonus), players who already like the gun may go for this mod but nay sayers will still be unimpressed.

Mire: why doesn’t it improve overall damage like the other mods instead of just poison damage? As it is, its just underwhelming since the poison proc on ground slams doesn’t deal that much damage anyway, if it was a “uncorrupted” spoiled strike instead it would be on par with jaw sword.

Verdict: sub-par weapons for most of time, most of the mod bonuses could be reworked to actually make the weapons worth using.

Perrin:

Grinlok: the only high-tier weapon among the favored ones, grinlok is already a solid gun by itself and adding a mod that boosts its crit chance to 45% is a delicious icing on the cake. Best syndicate weapon mod, no doubt about that.

Acrid: the former king of all guns prior to damage 2.0, good old acrid has seen better days but it’s still a mid-tier weapon, triple status proc duration may open interesting options for “crowd control” procs (radiation, chilled, blast), for damage procs the bonus seems neglectible.

Spectra: even after the buff, this is still a mid tier weapon at best, only those who already use it would bother with this mod.

Verdict: your get-to syndicate if you are a avid grinlok user.

New loka:

Vulkar: vulkar got the most out of the sniper buff but it is still widely outclassed by bows. The main question here is what the “dead aim” bonus stands for? Can’t really say much about the mod until we know what it actually does.

Skana: main question about this mod: is it compatible with skana prime? If so, founders rejoice. If not, meh. (Although it seems to not be)

Furis: life steal on a gun is an interesting concept. Although how does it surpasses life strike? Especially considering the mod is for a gun with poor ammo economy?

Veridict: can’t really say until the questions around vulkar and skana prime are answered.

Edited by Thurisaz

"Skana: main question about this mod: is it compatible with skana prime? If so, founders rejoice. If not, meh. (Although it seems to not be)"

I very much doubt it because of the Arbiter's mod is specifically for Burston Prime.

I also think that way, but i would consider valid for the devs to make a exception in this case.

I strongly feel the "syndicate mods" should work on multiple weapons, similar to how "Firestorm" works. They should determine which weapons are not that end game, and have these mods be a way of making those weapons more viable choices for end game.

Jaw Sword was a strange choice, I completely agree. Dark Dagger too. Why not Dark Dagger, Dark Sword at the same time? then the Jaw Sword mod could also do "Cronus Sword" or "ceramic daggers" and "twin ceramics". Why doesn't one do something for the Plasma Sword (if there is one I'm sorry for not noticing)? I think if they are going to make these arbitrary buff mods for random weapons, they need to work on more then one. Steel Meridian should make mods for all the "Basic Grineer" weapons (non-clan research), while Perrin Sequence does the same for Corpus ones (including Serro and other obscure ones).

hopefully DE finds a way to do that in the future, or just adds more in general. All of the Alert Weapons need buff mods that much is certain. Basic Grineer weapon mods like for the Hind, Sobek and Grakata etc would also be great, as well as ones for Corpus weapons like Tetra, Dual Cestra, Obex etc.

New Loka could buff a lot of the basic tenno weapons of the game, such as Vectis, Ak Vasto, Dual Heat Swords, maybe even Soma etc.

Cephalon Suda could buff a lot of the new Tenno weapons like Sybaris, Tiberon, Ak Magnus, Nami Skyla etc.

I'm actually not sure how I feel about the Burston Prime mod, doesn't feel like the weapon really needs a buff that much, but I wouldn't mind a set of mods for Primes that function like unique corrupt mods or something, that seems more fair.

I mean, these are just some random suggestions, but these make a whole lot more sense then what I see currently in game, so I think DE should seriously consider making some adjustments before it gets to far down the road.

Edited by Temphis

And we really can't make any final judgement until we know what the bonuses to Truth / Justice / The American Way actually do for gameplay.

It's worth noting that the 'bonus meter' is apparently based on affinity gain, so you'd still slowly gain it by just having the weapon equipped.

"Skana: main question about this mod: is it compatible with skana prime? If so, founders rejoice. If not, meh. (Although it seems to not be)"

I very much doubt it because of the Arbiter's mod is specifically for Burston Prime.

It does not. In fact, they should fix that thing, and allow us to use these mods on Prime/Wraith/Vandal/Dex versions too. 

It does not. In fact, they should fix that thing, and allow us to use these mods on Prime/Wraith/Vandal/Dex versions too. 

At the very least the Viper and Furis mods should affect the Akimbo versions as well (not sure if that is the case or not but it'd be very annoying if it wasn't)

With the Loki mod I will actually switch tele that downed rhino who lost his iron skin away from the group of ancient toxics he decided to melee.

How exactly would the Augment benefit you in this situation? Making the Rhino invunerable when he is downed makes no difference and the Ancients would probably puke you to death.