Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapon Augment Mods Not That Helpful?

The_Markie

There are exactly 5 warframe augment mods that are worth it: Nyx, Nekros, Ash, Mirage and Excalibur. Hydroid migh get some use. Loki's will probably be trash unless the make the invincibility last 6+ sec then it migh be broken and abuseable but I doubt it lasts more than 3 sec.

I can personally see some worth in zephyrs. Divebomb, then AoE. Like from IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAH, to use the most recent example.

Godly? In your dreams maybe. Marelok not only does more dmg, but it also has better status. Neither is great vs crowds of enemies, but that is why we have brakk. And no Marelok isn't a sniping weapon just because it can snipe a bit. If you want a sniping gun get Lex it actually requires you to be accurate and get headshots whereas with Marelok you can shoot some1 is the foot and they still die.

My dreams are reality, my rude friend. :)

Marelok has slightly higher sustained DPS, 14.4k vs Akvasto's 12.6k, but Akvasto has waaaaaay more burst with the same mods, 43k against Marelok's 27.5k. So much more, in fact, that I can replace Akvasto's Jolt with Quickdraw to almost match Marelok's sustained with 14.1k vs 14.4k, and still have 10k more burst at 37k vs 27.5k.

YMMV, and playstyle preferences apply, but once dangerous mobs require more that 1 shot to dispatch, I'd never count on the slow-firing Mare over my dual blazing revolvers to get me out of a tight spot. ;)

Build links:

Marelok: http://goo.gl/XttYX6

Akvasto: http://goo.gl/n9nYTL

Well the new Skana MOD is helpfull. . . This New MODS helps lower tier weapons to be viable at medium tier enemies. ..

True, but main issue is that by the time you have grinded enough reputation and items to rank up and acquire the mods you will probably have moved on to higher tier weapons.

As for the alternative of acquiring them from trading, expect a insane gouging spree for next months.

Thought so.

It really needs to give Loki invunerbility as well for it to be worth grabbing. Then it would allow a much more aggresive use of Switch Teleport.

well, you can use invisibility prior to making the switch, but i agree on loki gaining invulnerability has well.

Edited by Thurisaz

True, but main issue is that by the time you have grinded enough reputation and items to rank up and acquire the mods you will probably have moved on to higher tier weapons.

As for the alternative of acquiring them from trading, expect a insane gouging spree for next months.

I don't really like the concept of "tiering" weapons even if their relevant difference in strength when it comes over Level 40+ games is tangible. My main rifle weapon when I run solo missions from Mercury to Pluto is.... my 4-Forma MK1-Braton. Why? Because it fits the aesthetic of my Proto Excalibur, and doesn't have much problem killing enemies in the solar system.

Some of us play weapons for more than just their total DPS or actual combat effectiveness. Some of us experiment with weapon builds that may not be "Top Tier", but rather fun to play.

I don't really like the concept of "tiering" weapons even if their relevant difference in strength when it comes over Level 40+ games is tangible. My main rifle weapon when I run solo missions from Mercury to Pluto is.... my 4-Forma MK1-Braton. Why? Because it fits the aesthetic of my Proto Excalibur, and doesn't have much problem killing enemies in the solar system.

Some of us play weapons for more than just their total DPS or actual combat effectiveness. Some of us experiment with weapon builds that may not be "Top Tier", but rather fun to play.

But yet, the concept of weapon "tiers" is present within the game, and even if you choose to use a "inferior" weapon because you like it more, the top dps guns will always be there and every once in a while you may have to resort to them for a tricky mission, alert or event.

Far be it from me to say something like "get the top guns, no fun allowed" but thats just the way it is in the game right now.

well...interesting topic to say the least...

been reading a lot of pro/con post these last couple of days.

weapons supported, rep/reward, grind, etc.

despite the fact that steel supports rhino and sobek, i think i'm just gonna not get involved with it.

Wat.  

So having higher status chance magically makes it status chance per pellet instead of per shot?

Wat.

not exactly, but close. u can use boar prime as the test subject. without any status chance mod even with 40% chance it barely procs. but put on 2 +60% chance mods, it becomes a procing machine.

No, The Supra Mod for Suda is Useless

+20% Status Chance for a 5% Status Chance Weapon.....

on the mod it says +20 though, i dont know  what exactly it means. maybe just missing % here. but i doubt it. first of all, it's obvious +20% is too weak. DE doesnt need us to tell them things THAT obvious. and if you check dark dagger's mod from red veil. clearly the percentage mark is there, so maybe +20 means something different.

anyway, the highlight should be the special meter thing comes with the mods. if the effect is good enough, those mods should still be useful.

Edited by Eric1738

on the mod it says +20 though, i dont know  what exactly it means. maybe just missing % here. but i doubt it. first of all, it's obvious +20% is too weak. DE doesnt need us to tell them things THAT obvious. and if you check dark dagger's mod from red veil. clearly the percentage mark is there, so maybe +20 means something different.

anyway, the highlight should be the special meter thing comes with the mods. if the effect is good enough, those mods should still be useful.

Those bonuses seem to be different from our usual status chances. They seem to apply flat to the base value. What I don't know is whether they apply before or after other mod calculations. If they apply before then it's awesome, because they change the weapon base status chance to 25%. And that's pretty significant.

I know dat feel OP.

Burston Prime has an augment. It's my favourite weapon in the game. I was pumped for it.

Then I discovered it was a ROF bonus. More ROF. On a burst-fire weapon. It makes as much sense as pooping in a microwave.

I would've been muuuuch happier, with an accuracy boost. In fact I'd be happier with pretty much any other boost, than a ROF boost.