Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Weapon Augment Mods Not That Helpful?

The_Markie

I was a bit underwhelmed at some of the choices, but I'm an avid skana user so I ain't complaining about bright purity.

The one question is all the "+1 pure" and all of that; what does it do?

it's like a rage meter thing. the effect is unknown though.

Devs did mention that they have big plans for augmented mods and much more to come in near future. The once we see now are just tip of the Iceberg. Also you forget few thing. Some of this mods affect base stats, like Suda's mod for supra which increases status not by by 20%(status+status*0.2) but adding to base value(status+20). Also All augments have some special effects like Enthropy Truth and others which i doubt many people know what they do,me including. It is too early to judge. Do not rush with opinion until you try it. 

The reason why they gave us the mods for skana,dark dagger, jaw sword..... etc. is because there is not a single person out there who is using those weapons. What i guess they tried to do is to ''buff the weapons'' by modding them with those certain unique mods to adjust the balance of the weapons.

Which would be good if they weren't behind a huge grindwall. They should be much lower on the rewards ladder.

I agree with this, and the post it's responding to. Maybe basic credit weapons could be in the first tier of syndicate rewards, then market blueprints, clan tech and finally prime/exclusive weapons. Different levels of syndicate points for different types of weapons/level of player. It would be nice for newer players to have access to some customization for their weapons through syndicates at the 5000 point level or so.

Yeah I was hoping for a better "augment" then just a passive stat boost that you could already get with some mods. Granted if you really wanted to overcharge a build with an augment mod (like status chance on the supra, but then again, who would build a supra with status chance) then you can use them, but otherwise they're pretty meh. 

But the thing here is there are still those special meters that come with augment mods that was mentioned in the Archwing patch notes, the things that would cause AOE damage and stat boosts when you filled a meter using an augment mod. I honestly don't know how useful those are.

I was hoping for augment mods that would be big game changers, like instead of the 80% fire rate boost for the Burston Prime (which is pretty nice, but that's taking up a whole slot just for fire rate. 80% fire rate for the burston prime is already overkill anyways), I was hoping for a mod that would make the Burston Prime full auto for example, something that really changes the character of the weapon.

Dex furis life steal: The only non melee weapon that can lifesteal...that's useless you say?

200% Duration on Acrid? Really according to you thats useless? I mean having 2.5x the viral proc is useless?

200% Hek multishot... I think your joking? That's useless?

I can understand some things, but their is ALLLOT of augments that are extremely good. I mean seriously saying all augments are useless is a flat out lie.

Dude, i got jaw sword, i STILL use it.

ITS AWSOME

the spin is all i use it for really, and the 100% damage bonus mod on it will actually make it a decent weapon , at the very least its spin is one of the largest in the game so im totally fine with giving a little more damage. so stuff it about the jaw sword.

the skana though i agree, its like a mk-1 thing.....well the upgraded version is as used as a cronus, and the spin is neglegible compared to jaw .....

The skana one is really dumb

By the time you farm to get to that lvl you're sold your skana or haven't used it in a very long time..

they should have done something per weapon type : swords, axes , fists , and so on.. No one suses dark sword....no one.

I like the weapon mods, though I wish there were 4. They're increasing the weapons we look at as classic but weak and encouraging us to use them more often. While I wish that Red Veil would offer a phage mod or something that increaces number of tentacles, or New Loca giving us a Paris upgrade that guarantees triple shot or the like, I can understand what they're going for and appreciate it. As a new Loca player myself, I'll be pulling out my Skana again and testing it for midgame content.

They're increasing the weapons we look at as classic but weak and encouraging us to use them more often.

Which, quite frankly, should be done through buffs and not Augments requiring a monumental grind.

These Augments should be the creme de la creme not simply making terrible weapons OK.

Edited by Brimir

Nyx's one is trash. Rhino's one is nice. 

Armor doesn't affect Iron Skin... Nyx one actually gives you ok cc inbetween chaos uses.

Dex furis life steal: The only non melee weapon that can lifesteal...that's useless you say?

200% Duration on Acrid? Really according to you thats useless? I mean having 2.5x the viral proc is useless?

200% Hek multishot... I think your joking? That's useless?

I can understand some things, but their is ALLLOT of augments that are extremely good. I mean seriously saying all augments are useless is a flat out lie.

NOT Dex Furis just Furis as in a single Furis not even the akimbo variant.

By the time the extra duration kicks in the enemy is usually dead.

As I said Hek and Dual Cleavers are the only ones with some potential unless '+1 Justice' is OP

Edited by BerelHawdos

Armor doesn't affect Iron Skin... Nyx one actually gives you ok cc inbetween chaos uses.

NOT Dex Furis just Furis as in a single Furis not even the akimbo variant.

By the time the extra duration kicks in the enemy is usually dead.

As I said Hek and Dual Cleavers are the only ones with some potential unless '+1 Justice' is OP

How about 140% Flight Speed F-zero Kestrels, extra range Spectras, and Explosive Boltos?

The weapon augments make perfect sense. They're there to make the weaker weapons be more on par with the higher tier ones we have now. Having something like a Boltor Prime augment would just be redundantly overpowered. 

I hope they come up with more augments for the lower tier weapons. But I do hope they lower the insane requirements for weapons just a bit. Leave the warframe augments the way they are now since frames are pretty much viable on the same level.

The weapon augments make perfect sense. They're there to make the weaker weapons be more on par with the higher tier ones we have now. Having something like a Boltor Prime augment would just be redundantly overpowered. 

This is the exact reason they were created. Make better the poop tier weapons.

Moved to a more appropriate section.

So a Reddit poster http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2ky2w5/multishot_with_a_side_of_justice_what_justice_does/'>posted about activating those Syndicate points, which is the other component on Augment mods:

IAoZBpb.jpg?1

In the case of Steel Meridian mods, filling out the Justice counter (seen as the syndicate symbol beside the ammo counter) activates an AoE damage effect and heals for 25% of max health apparently. Unsure if other Syndicate mods have different effects depending on Syndicate.

As for the Supra and Sobek mods, that "+20" is a flat increase to Status Effect, not multiplicative like normal.

Edited by LGear

• 1 month later...

What you have to understand is that most of these augments are meant to further specify the type of gameplay you'd like to engage in. A Gleaming Blight mod for example is perfect for using Dark Dagger + Ash on a high level Grineer map. Switch to melee wep, go invisible, channel some energy, and watch them disappear. The Blight meter fills up incredibly quickly if you dispatch your enemies strategically and systematically. 

Additionally, you may charge the Blight meter to almost full, change back to a wisely chosen wide-cone/high-damage shotgun and continue the close-in slaughter until the enemies stack up... that's when you change back to channel melee and unleash the viral damage at +75% bonus against Grineer.