Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Micro-Freezes On Low-End Pcs And Laptops

judskanw

So hotfix 15.0.7 enabled me to finally play Terminus, Mercury since U15 went live! I really hope that other people out there with low-end hardware are now able to play as well.

However, it still isn't perfect. My warframe jumped from being active and not responding constantly when I was loading the login-screen. Task manager reported about 1,500,000 kB of RAM-usage. Once I hit extraction point, Warframe went from not responding to crashing.

Then there are the micro-freezes. My fps jumps from 90 to 2 to 90 to 2 etc. whenever I progress from one room to the other. They only seem to happen when I come close to doors leading to the next room. If I stay in one room for long enough, my fps becomes a stable 70-90 again.

Can anyone else confirm these micro-freezes? They force me to take my time when clearing out every room and I can't play multiplayer thanks to that(My friends make a pretty efficient team that progresses through levels quite quickly).

I hope a lot of people can now play the game again thanks to this hotfix, but in the meantime, I'll be smashing my F5 key for a new hotfix.

tG4Vnfr.gif

Edited by judskanw

MICRO-FREEZES ON LOW-END PCS AND LAPTOPS

Yes, there will be performance issues on low end PCs. Games cannot be compatible with them all the time. Games evolve, so should our rigs. In a few years Warframe won't run on today's high-end PCs.

Yeah, I noticed that : U7 Warframe was not a problem to run. U13 : uh-oh, my toaster begin stuttering... U14/15 : my toaster has too many difficulties to follow, help!

Let's just hope for a lot of performance tweaks, or else our game will be too greedy for us... :/

MICRO-FREEZES ON LOW-END PCS AND LAPTOPS

Yes, there will be performance issues on low end PCs. Games cannot be compatible with them all the time. Games evolve, so should our rigs. In a few years Warframe won't run on today's high-end PCs.

I could play Warframe on the very same laptop with about 80-100 fps before U15, are you saying that one update raises the minimum requirements by THAT much? Also, not everyone has enough money to keep upgrading their pc or laptop with every patch. What drew me(and probably quite a few others) to the game is the optimization for low-end pcs and laptops. U15 threw all that out of the window and made it so that a lot of players suddenly couldn't enjoy their favorite game anymore. I think it's DE's responsibility to keep the game optimized enough so that players with the stated minimum hardware can still play.