Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Aerial Attack

KingTaro

Hands down my favourite addition of the U15. (I'm enjoying Archwing a lot as well, but this Aerial Melee is just Majestic)

Mobility just sky rocked with this one glorious, long lost and rediscovered, ancient Tenno move!

You can jump from one wall to the next without touching the floor/ground. (Not to mention fly if you use Nyx Absorb with it).

But, there is a small issue.

It doesn't actually help you much taking down the aerial enemies, as seen in the video bellow. Which was one of the main reasons why it has been implemented.

There is a simple fix to that: Removing the cooldown between Aerial Attack and the Slide attack.

When you use the Aerial attack, there is a cooldown that prevents you using your melee weapon.

The reason why there is a cooldown is because otherwise, you'd be able to spam Aerial attack non-stop, allowing you to fly around.

However, I believe the cooldown should only be applied to the Aerial Attack and not every type of melee attack after the Aerial Attack. That means to allow the use of Ground Slam and Slide Attack right after the Aerial Attack.

Edited by KingTaro

Actually for the nasty low-flying enemies like Ospreys and Orokin Drones, the aerial melee works just fine. Yes, OROKIN DRONES, aka those nasty, hard to hit enemies that's been the bane of Sword Alone since Update 13, and I've been taking them down en-masse using my aerial melee.

I can even use it to destroy Corpus turrets, cameras and best of all Grineer Sensor Bars. Granted, the latter is highly dangerous, and one wrong move may push you past the magnetic field instead of destroying the sensor bar, but with practice you can consistently hit them without too much worry. You can even use Aerial Melee to get some nice flying headshots in.

However, the promise of being able to take down a flying Hellion using melee seems to be unrealized still, since the Aerial Melee's range is still incapable of reaching a Hellion at its full height.

Actually for the nasty low-flying enemies like Ospreys and Orokin Drones, the aerial melee works just fine. Yes, OROKIN DRONES, aka those nasty, hard to hit enemies that's been the bane of Sword Alone since Update 13, and I've been taking them down en-masse using my aerial melee.

I can even use it to destroy Corpus turrets, cameras and best of all Grineer Sensor Bars. Granted, the latter is highly dangerous, and one wrong move may push you past the magnetic field instead of destroying the sensor bar, but with practice you can consistently hit them without too much worry. You can even use Aerial Melee to get some nice flying headshots in.

However, the promise of being able to take down a flying Hellion using melee seems to be unrealized still, since the Aerial Melee's range is still incapable of reaching a Hellion at its full height.

If it's just the drones, I never had trouble taking them down before U15, using slide attack after a jump.

Camera's could be taken down by a simple wall attack.

So the only real challenge was taking down the enemies such as Hellions, although a Wall run + Slide attack could do the trick once in a while.

If it's just the drones, I never had trouble taking them down before U15, using slide attack after a jump.

Camera's could be taken down by a simple wall attack.

So the only real challenge was taking down the enemies such as Hellions, although a Wall run + Slide attack could do the trick once in a while.

Slide attack aerial melee was tricky though, since it relied on being at just the right height, and your weapon having good reach for assurance. It was much easier to miss using slide melee, and sometimes it even did no damage at all.

At least now my melee strikes where I aim, so even fast-movers get hit more easily.

OP actually it seems regulators are immune to melee. I had one glitched at the ground and tried slapping it with my prova. No damage what so ever.

That one might have been bugged. A visual bug, perhapse?

Just today I was killing those with slide melee.