Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What It Means To Be Steel Meridian.

FATEdPondera

Tested it, for anyone curious running Steel + Hexis is good to go, you  will also get Ceph points only at the sacrifice of red veil so if you dont care about veil its a good option. Im pretty hated by Perrin though lol

Edited by Echoa

I'm not sure if this is the right place to make a post like this, or if its supposed to be in off-topic of whatever, but these thoughts have been rattling around in my brain for the past few days, and would like some others to weigh in on them, so I guess it's general discussion.

All the Syndicates have a philosophy of life. The Red Veil see corruption everywhere and want to take an Ignis to it, New Loka have a pin-up of Earth-that-was in their central office, and the Perrin Sequence seeks profit through peace beyond all else.

So, what does it mean to be Steel Meridian? I've been giving this some thought. Ignore the factional bonuses. I hardly ever use the Hek. The only thing of value they have is the T4 Defense keys. Throw out everything about them gameplay wise. This is just their factional philosophy.

From what I've read, Meridian is a syndicate that has both Corpus, Grineer, and whatever else is still remaining of human life working within it to fight for those who can't fight for themselves. In fact, I think this is the one faction where Corpus and Grineer don't unconditionally hate each other. But it's one thing to just fight AGAINST an ideal, but another to fight for something. I think I know what it is.

http://www.hrtwarming.com/everyone-was-warned-not-to-touch-this-cat-but-this-guy-did-this-is-heartbreaking/

Things like this. Even outside the game, anyone capable of kindness and courage can embody the Steel Meridian philosophy. See an old lady struggling to get things in her car. Help her. See someone getting beaten up? Don't look away. All that's required for evil to thrive is for good people to do nothing.

Call me whatever you will, say that I'm reading too deep into things, but this is the reason I chose Steel Meridian over all the other syndicates, even if they don't really offer much for my main frames. There is so much darkness and despair in both the world of Warframe and the real one, but the real one doesn't have the hope of Tenno to solve everything.

Just decent people. That's all we've got.

+9999 OP

de oppressione liberare

id like to think of steel meridian as the space batmen of the universe. well they use guns and  stuff. but  FOR THE PEOPLE! (anything remotely human that is oppressed)  i think of that charley chaplin speech at the end of a great dictator...

THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK, i will be watching this movie later tonight =]

I still don't quite understand why they are at odds with the Perrin Sequence though

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Wanted to ask

once we reach a certain title can we loose that title? Currently Ive reach Rank2 in Steel and Veil and it looks like I actually might be able to manage doing Steel/Hexis without hurting Veil much and have 4 syndicates.

sorry for the OT

EDIT: Yes you can lol

Edited by Echoa

That's why I decided tu support Steel Meridian. I clicked on it just to see what their leader looks like and I immediately liked that they are so straight-forward about helping these people.

I don't care about Red Veil, even though they are allied with Steel Meridian.

Augmentation mods? Well I guess I'll build Hek once more to check this +200% multishot out.

But other than that, they're space bros. Sure thing I'll help them.

Steel meridian was definitely on my list. Strangely enough I'm with New Loca and Perrin Sequence. Loca's only goal is retaking and restoration of a single planet. That's easy to get behind as long as the corruption remains relatively low. The Perrin sequence is the economic freedom available in peace, again, very easy to get behind while corruption remains low. Steel Meridian is the protection of the innocent, and like all the others, it's easy to rally behind. A touching post that starts showing why we have syndicates, OP, thank you for the input.

Steel Meridian aren't exactly the noblest of the syndicates. Other factions want peace and to help the innocent and the weak as well but Steel Meridian I joined because they handle things differently; in short: they're realists.

They see that things won't change unless we fight for them, and they are the true heroes willing to plunge their hands into the filth, to get their hands dirty so that the innocent can survive another day. It isn't pretty but it gets the job done. Steel Meridian are the true heroes fighting it out for the benefit of all, and will scrap it out to the bitter end if it calls for it. I'm proud to throw my gun in with them.

I think it's on some line of a class thing. 

The Perrin Sequence are still affluent merchants looking to bring peace through a method that doesn't seem to help the most injured by the war, the colonists, the weak. 

To the Meridian, I would imagine the Perrin Sequence is effectively improving the working conditions of slaves, not freeing them. Yes, there lives are 'better', because of the Perrin Sequence, but they're not free or protected fully.  

So they are prosecuting people who help make the weak people's lives (the very lives they are sworn to defend) more comfortable?

Because, honestly, the Sequence could be worse for the colonies than the war profiteering Corpus. If someone comes at you with a gun, you're allowed to defend yourself in most situations. But much more cruel things can be done to others in the name of peace and profit. Look up Walmart criticisms and protests. This is an excellent example of peaceful profit seeking at the expense of others. That is what the Perrin Sequence could become. That is why we must fight them.

I would think that they already are too busy fighting an enemy that is (the Empire, Corpus, so on...) to worry about what the Perrin could become.

So they are prosecuting people who help make the weak people's lives (the very lives they are sworn to defend) more comfortable?

I would think that they already are too busy fighting an enemy that is (the Empire, Corpus, so on...) to worry about what the Perrin could become.

Not a bad thought, Rikage.  However I personally think I'd rather fight two major enemies, instead of three.  So nipping a threat early off is a smart idea before it grows too large.  Honestly I don't know if it would be a useful allocation of the syndacates power either but that's just theory.

I still don't quite understand why they are at odds with the Perrin Sequence though

That is easy the Perrin sequence wish the conflict between the Grinner and the Corpus too end since they see peace as being more profitable and the easy way too do it is for the two too come to a peace settlement if that happens the Grinner fleets fighting the corpus will be freed too expand again same with the corpus and i will give you three guess as too what will happen too the independent colonys if that happens remember while the Perrin sequence want the fighting too end they are still corpus who will sell there dying mothers medication for a few credits