Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inconvenience Everywhere In Warframe

Trayzerlol

when playing warframe, I'm feeling like I'm dealing with packages of cable companies.

"oh, you want to use your dog now? sorry but you will have to wait 3 hours to do so..... orrrrrr you could purchase this special one time use only mega de-frost package including 300 channels in portuguise to use the dog immediately."

pretty big inconvenience stunt DE. but besides the dogs being full of horrible mechanics like dna-stability, loyalty und death, there's even more horrible stuff in this game that doesn't belong in it! 

sigils.

it's really counter intuitive having to equip your sigil on EVERY. FRAME. SEPARATELY.

like come on DE, what the acual frog were you thinking?

"ppl gonna want to have different sigils on all their frames for sure since it makes farming so much more fun when you do every faction simultaniously when you switch frames right?!ß!ß...oh wait, we have neg rep right so that won't be possible... "

imagine coming home, doing sechura run to start off the evening just to notice at w18 that you forgot to equip the sigil again on the 10th frame.

you know, every other day something like the sigil issue makes me lose interest in the game for the rest of the day at least. sure you can blame me for forgetting that little matter because you hid it very very deep in the appearance menu instead of having a flashing bright red light on the front page of the equipment screen when no sigil is equiped. but yeah, why would you make it so easy for customers right?

another awfully counter-intuitive mechanic is conclave scaling. WHYYYYYYYYY and i emphazise on this especially since it bothers me since day1.

WHY do bosses scale with your stuff? WHY do you get less faction points when you bring decent gear into high lvl missions? why does everything molest you horribly in archwing missions when you bolster your defense to oblivion? what's the point to actually get good gear beside the frame and a top tier primary if you don't get more powerful because enemies also scale up with your gear? 

you guys really manage to implement the most awful mechanics in a game with otherwise very high potential to be awesome but...yeah. instead of having a nice gear and level curve you chose cable company style to run your game.

some keywords what is actually wrong with the current approach beside the upper-mentioned issues:

- waiting times in general. making people wait days for stuff is like the biggest blasphemy in the entire game. it's almost as bad as having to pay plat to enter missions. 

- pvp being a total joke without any rewards at all. why not make it a decent gamemode by giving people something for participating? (and disable ash of course.)

- everything beside derilect, void, survival and defense is a total waste of time since no rewards involved whatsoever. 417h into the game and i still couldn't manage to motivate myself to play through all the planets beside 4 for maximum extractor capacity (which i currently can't use btw because except for 2 planets the bloody archwing missions just won't count as finished no matter how many times i play through them... thanks for that.)

- random alerts that last for an hour. you know, everyone has different times to play. why not make them last 24h like the special devstream ones? limiting it to such a small timeframe just makes sure most people won't have access to it and getting so frustrated in the end that they just bend over and take the helmet/vauban/whatever for plat.

also: rewards like 3k creds. seriously. every new player who doesn't have access to sechura will sooner or later be able to figure out google.com what the best way to earn credits is and everyone who has the node just laughs at alerts with such a pitty reward. please rework....

i'm pretty sure i could go on with this thread for the entire evening but i guess you can see my point. no matter how many people defend bad gameplay mechanics or inconvenience, it's just not right and you know it. there's a reason most successful games actually raise convenience for the players as they grow and updates get released. why can't you do the same DE? just bug fixes won't do good in the end of the day. and little smart moves like excluding abilities from warframe mod slots isn't enough to compensate for the bad mechanics that enter the game with every update. 

Edited by IlIIlII

Literally the thing that made me come back for u15 was the removal of ability mods, so more space for better mods, but if enemies scale with your conclave rating no matter what level the mission is, then why even bother giving the missions levels if they will be on par with you rather than weaker?

Edited by Demo102

Literally the thing that made me come back for u15 was the removal of ability mods, so more space for better mods, but if enemies scale with your conclave rating no matter what level the mission is, then why even bother giving the missions levels if they will be on par with you rather than weaker?

Put it where you took that. As always, only bosses scale with conclave and they did so before even adding a conclave rating.

Probably because that would cause the difficulty curve to be in reverse.

Since when do games start out hard and end easy?

The walls hit hard this patch. Archwing, Limbo quest, key farming, enemy scaling: Everything has been made more frustrating. I had a hard time trying to think of something fun to do last night in warframe.

Especially since Limbo Quest requires Archwing, which basically necessitates a 42 hr wait before you can get to the meat of the update. Although, you can start the whole Proxy Wars thing.

In any case, as far as the OP is concerned, I don't know what else to say other than that's how Warframe decided to monetize itself. Instead of locking content wholesale, they decided that you pay for a convenience. People with the patience can choose to wait. In my opinion it works out fine, especially considering I had the experience of playing a game where 1/12 of the items used in-game money, the rest were locked behind paywalls.

But about the Sigil thing, yeah I wish the Sigil that you equip applies to all Warframes you own. It'd even be fine if it stayed at the default position.

Put it where you took that. As always, only bosses scale with conclave and they did so before even adding a conclave rating.

so how come some low geared people report the limbo interception mission would be piece of cake even without mods or superior defenses and a maxed steel fiber/ health/shields/vigor rhino prime that one hits enemies with the archwing-melee gets torn to pieces within seconds? 

it must have some sort of scaling. too bad i couldn't motivate myself to actually test it with like 700ish conclave rating after getting molested two times (solo & party) with my tank rhino. but after giving archwing a shot for 10h i just gave up for now. it's horrible and shouldn't even be released in this state.

- minimap not 3d

- archwing guns both really bad vs. the melee that oneshots most things

- no bosses just trash that surrounds you like crazy thus requiring massive APM spam to melee warp kill all of them while struggling with decreasing shields/health

- pretty lackluster mods like 25% max efficiency. wanna use abilities? better get those energy plates....

Edited by IlIIlII

WHY do bosses scale with your stuff? WHY do you get less faction points when you bring decent gear into high lvl missions? why does everything molest you horribly in archwing missions when you bolster your defense to oblivion? what's the point to actually get good gear beside the frame and a top tier primary if you don't get more powerful because enemies also scale up with your gear? 

you guys really manage to implement the most awful mechanics in a game with otherwise very high potential to be awesome but...yeah. instead of having a nice gear and level curve you chose cable company style to run your game.

ONLY bosses scale to concalve
Normal enemies dont.
Take your maxed out Boltor Prime, Brakk, Kubrow and melee weapon to mercury.
Enemies will be *exactly* the same as going in with an un-modded MK1-Braton Lato and Skana.
The only enemy that will be stronger is the boss, Vor.
And even then not all bosses scale.

The only thing that enemies scale to is number of players.  More players equals more enemies with slightly larger health pools.  And even then the difference is minuscule.

Also, you do *not* get less faction points with better gear.
Last night I ran 4 wave Cerberus.  I did both with highest conclave I could manage and lowest.
And the reputation gains were the same.

So please dont spread false information and complain about something that is not true.

- waiting times in general. making people wait days for stuff is like the biggest blasphemy in the entire game. it's almost as bad as having to pay plat to enter missions. 

Please tell me how its anywhere near that bad?

And please tell me how many F2P games you've played, because time gates are *very* common in F2P games.

And its not like the game stops you from doing anything else while your waiting.

- everything beside derilect, void, survival and defense is a total waste of time since no rewards involved whatsoever. 417h into the game and i still couldn't manage to motivate myself to play through all the planets beside 4 for maximum extractor capacity (which i currently can't use btw because except for 2 planets the bloody archwing missions just won't count as finished no matter how many times i play through them... thanks for that.)

There are plenty of things that require planet resources.  And there are invasions and other modes that can get you decent rewards, so hardly a waste of time to do other things.

Also that archwing issue has been fixed.  I've actually gone through and cleared out all of the archwing nodes, did a few last night and they unlocked just fine.

- random alerts that last for an hour. you know, everyone has different times to play. why not make them last 24h like the special devstream ones? limiting it to such a small timeframe just makes sure most people won't have access to it and getting so frustrated in the end that they just bend over and take the helmet/vauban/whatever for plat.
also: rewards like 3k creds. seriously. every new player who doesn't have access to sechura will sooner or later be able to figure out google.com what the best way to earn credits is and everyone who has the node just laughs at alerts with such a pitty reward. please rework....

The alerts are there to be a random reward for just playing at the right time.

And they limit them to small time frames because they'll come back later.

And the alerts serve as a way to get people to come back semi-regularly.  Afterall, if you want Vauban without paying you'll have to pay attention to the alerts and jump in on them when they become available.  Keeps players playing.

You miss one?  Just wait for it to come back again.

And finally: not all rewards can be good.  And if you dont like a reward just skip it and do other missions.

Edited by Tsukinoki

so how come some low geared people report the limbo interception mission would be piece of cake even without mods or superior defenses and a maxed steel fiber/ health/shields/vigor rhino prime that one hits enemies with the archwing-melee gets torn to pieces within seconds? 

it must have some sort of scaling.

I'll tell you a little secret: Same nonsence I heard about Grineer scorches back in the days. Guess what? Same damage ticks, same spawn frequency in the long run. Yes, sometimes you had these moments when trio gets hotdropped on your head and roflstomping you, but it's just how RNG worked, works and will work.

Please tell me how its anywhere near that bad?

And please tell me how many F2P games you've played, because time gates are *very* common in F2P games.

And its not like the game stops you from doing anything else while your waiting.

hearthstone, world of tanks, league of legends, dota2, smite, planetside2 and some other titles i don't remember right now but w/e.

i don't know what kind of noname 1000 players-ish games you are used to play but i kind of go with the big ones. and since warframes numbers are pretty impressive (if they're acurate) i'm just wondering why they chose the inconvenient time lock concept instead of a decent one like all of the above mentioned games have to monetize.

well anyway, i'm out since i made my point that there's too much inconvenience in this game and i couldn't care less about people correcting minor points of the op. it always amazes me that people constantly fail to see the big picture or quintessence of a wall of text consisting of many examples of the actual issue.

Edited by IlIIlII

I agree that enemies scaling with conclave rating is a silly idea. Rewards should logically scale with it, not the enemies. I thought only bosses were affected by conclave scaling and I'm ok with that, it is just one enemy in one mission per planet after all, I'll take the challenge.

I don't think that you get less faction points when you bring high level gear. But if something of sorts gets implemented, I think that would be kinda neat. If you manage to run a 40 mins T4 survival with an unmodded excalibur, braton, lato, skana, you DESERVE more points. And a medal.

I think that tactical alerts shall benefit greatly from such a system, in place of that nasty hard conclave cap.

For me the biggest disappointment with this update comes with the Syndicates: a lot of grind and extreme sacrifices(especially if you want to get more mods that maybe your actual faction doesn't have) for mods that are not really worth the time and resources spent for those. I just hope DE will make this thing more affordable for F2P Players in general because putting Reactors and Catalysts on the sacrifices will actually advantage those which have more plat and can even block completely the progression for the Players that want a F2P approach to the game before eventually spent some bucks for a game that they feel worth those money.

hearthstone, world of tanks, league of legends, dota2, smite, planetside2 and some other titles i don't remember right now but w/e.

i don't know what kind of noname 1000 players-ish games you are used to play but i kind of go with the big ones. and since warframes numbers are pretty impressive (if they're acurate) i'm just wondering why they chose the inconvenient time lock concept instead of a decent one like all of the above mentioned games have to monetize.

well anyway, i'm out since i made my point that there's too much inconvenience in this game and i couldn't care less about people correcting minor points of the op. it always amazes me that people constantly fail to see the big picture or quintessence of a wall of text consisting of many examples of the actual issue.

The only thing you can come back to are those U15,U16 updates but besides that it's not really a game worth grinding for, better play Dota 2 as it's more rewarding :^)

Probably because that would cause the difficulty curve to be in reverse.

Since when do games start out hard and end easy?

Lots.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is a fine recent example of that and hands down one of -the best- games to come out. It's challenging at first with no skills/runes, but as you level up and gain more, you become very strong -not over powered, but strong enough and you do it all with only 3 weapons and no DLC/Microstore purchases. Anyways, theres more, look around.

I completely agree with the OP. And list could continue:

- I have 8 extractors and I have to manually replace them one by one

- I have to put the sigils on each and every frame I have

- can not Queue items of the same type in the foundry

All small things, but makes the game awkward.

Yeah, this one really bothers me. I don't really enjoy those modes very much, but I feel like I have to play them because the rewards from pretty much everything else are negligible. Maybe time-wise it actually evens out, but it's really not satisfying to make it through a Sabotage only to get a small handful of dust.

sure you can blame me for forgetting that little matter because you hid it very very deep in the appearance menu instead of having a flashing bright red light on the front page of the equipment screen when no sigil is equiped. but yeah, why would you make it so easy for customers right?

It being a little matter is exactly why I think it's a big deal. It may just be a little crack in the sidewalk, but every time you get a customer to trip on it, you risk them turning around and finding another route to their entertainment. In general, it's a problem a lot of cash shop games face and ultimately fail over. They're so desperate to market the products to you, they forgot to make sure you were enjoying yourself enough to care to spend money. So far, I've found Warframe to be pretty good about this, but the Kubrow and a lot of U15 stuff are starting to trip up.