Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Someone Give The Stalker A Proper Job?

Pisirk

Alright, lets all pretend I'm drunk and the stalker exists k?

I like the idea of having the stalker in the game and scaring people S#&$less. But I think it's time he earned his promotion and have a better job than getting his butt kicked almost all the time. 

that's what it's like to be the stalker.

I jest, but to the question at hand, what job to give the stalker?

Well things that really annoys me and a lot of people is when people go AFK, especially hosts. So simple solution, have the stalker kill him, flickering lights and all (that way his team can imagine him getting skinned by the stalker). Then on the revive screen give him timer to revive or "forfeit", when the timer runs out, he gets booted out of the game.

This way no one sees the stalker and no one knows he exists which would fit his profile : )

Anyway! I'm drunk as fk CHEERS YALL!

Stalker? What stalker? He's a myth, like bigfoot and the easter bunny.

The easter bunny is just a myth?.... But.....but... all these years I... *sobs*

In order for him to actually kill the AFK people in time before he gets shot to bits, he might need to become slightly more powerful than he is right now.

Couple Things.

Stalker needs to be Buffed.

Stalker needs to be Scarier. (How? Good Question.)

Stalker needs to stop falling into pits he can't get out of and getting stuck.

I also like the idea of this post, but I'd also enjoy it if he hunts players who beat bosses too.

Ehhh, I dunno. It seems that would be more like a demotion then a promotion for the Stalker. "Like, Seriously? NOW I'M JUST SOME AFK KICKER GUY? First you claim I don't exist. AND NOW THIS? That's it. -Walks out of door- I QUIT."

I think it'd be better to just buff him and make him not so.. Glitchy.. Lke half the time he comes after me he just stares at me. Unmoving. Or he gets stuck somewhere and can't do anything.

The easter bunny is just a myth?.... But.....but... all these years I... *sobs*

In order for him to actually kill the AFK people in time before he gets shot to bits, he might need to become slightly more powerful than he is right now.

Why would he need to be stronger against a afker unless the team stupid enough to protect the afker =P

Never seen any stalker. I did see a guy with a funny all red head threaten me because i killed Sargas Ruk. He asked me if i thought there would be no consequences.

Dumb question if you ask me. Of course there are consequences. They replace him with another Sargas Ruk.

How about....not one stalker.....but FOUR

- hear dark whispers

- everyone can hear

- all of a sudden all of the next rooms are filled with dead bodies and all of the lights are busted

- 4 stalkers come at each player trying to kill them

- banshee ghostly screams and maniac laughter as players are running away

I want this to be a thing

Or he can make copies of himself, like Hek.  They wouldn't do any damage, but they'd confuse; especially so if they're as tough as the original Stalker.

A nice, healthy buff for our shadow-cloaked friend would be great, too.

Stalker-1.jpg

I just want to be buffed and be like i use to be, have a unique frame other then the helmet, my own moves and two weapons that are MINE... I love the Vandal as much as the next guy but come on... all everybody wanst is to jack my ****!

This gave me an idea.

Why not have a squad of different specialized Stalkers? I don't know what the conditions to face this would be, but...

Basically, you would have to fight a team of different Stalkers. There would be up to four you can face at one time. Unless stated otherwise, they would all have the same melee weapon.

-Basic Assault, with a full/semi auto rifle and a semi auto pistol.

-Heavy Assault, with a Gorgon and full auto pistol.

-Tank, with a Hek (or another shotgun) and a Lex.

-Sharpshooter, with that one semi-auto rifle thing (forgot the name) and the Kraken, I think.

-Sniper, with the Paris and a Lex.

-Knight, with a Boltor (if that's a primary) and a Kraken, with high speed for melee.

Getting more milage out of the Stalker would be pretty easy:

1) Bogus alerts designed to draw in players with a ? - Turns out its an ambush by Stalker(s)

2) Special alerts with the players hunting the Stalker with a small chance of success or ends up being a fight against another boss

3) Stalker has a chance to appear and support a boss

4) Stalker will appear and attack any player that is straying too far from the group

5) Stalker has a random chance to be waiting in ambush at the extraction area

6) Stalker will appear and attack players that remain idle and / or taking excessive time to do missions - Obvious exceptions for low level planets and defence

As for making Stalker more intimidating:

- When the lights start flickering, make them eventually go out leaving the players in darkness to fight the Stalker.

- When Stalker first appears have the target players stunned while he appears before them with a last flicker of light before the level goes dark

- New skills - Loki Switch, Loki Invisibility, Ash Smoke Bomb, Excalibur Slash Dash

- New armor - Bulkier like a Rhino being bigger than the players

- New weapons - Make custom Stalker skins of the Founder Prime items. I.E two black lato prime, two black skana prime

- Special execution animations on the player when he kills them

- Randomly have the Stalker effects appear during any mission without the Stalker appearing - perhaps make it a build up so the incidents will increase in duration / severity to build the suspense when he finally does appear

Stalker-1.jpg

I just want to be buffed and be like i use to be, have a unique frame other then the helmet, my own moves and two weapons that are MINE... I love the Vandal as much as the next guy but come on... all everybody wanst is to jack my ****!

Phorid_avatar.png

I know that feel, Stalker.

- hear dark whispers

- everyone can hear

- all of a sudden all of the next rooms are filled with dead bodies and all of the lights are busted

- 4 stalkers come at each player trying to kill them

- banshee ghostly screams and maniac laughter as players are running away

I want this to be a thing

This.