Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Closed.

Personwithhat

Opticor, also a new OP as hell gun. It is effectively a mini-nuke dread. it has some AOE capabilities , lots of punch through, and a massive damage on a "full charge" .guess what, with speed mods, the opticor fires MORE and dose mroe damage than the dread , so effectively leavein dread behind in the dust easily . + it needs rifle ammo, not bow ammo, which is ridiculously rare and you can't really spam dread ......

Opticor's AoE decreases with distance.  Also, unlike the Dread which can punch through AND have ragdoll effects on multiple enemies in a line, it has no punch through.  I believe that Opticor is just another equal to both Paris Prime and Dread.  It's based on preference.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

Opticor is more like the Lanka, except way cooler. Super fancy charge sniper, with the longest charge up time in all of history.

You can't really equate Quanta with bows... in any damage value. You can't say it eventually comes up to the same damage as your Dread, because so does everything. It's secondary fire is nowhere near as powerful as Ogris or Penta, though it does look fancy.

Quanta is OP? Excuse me?

It's certainly good, but I wouldn't call it overpowered. 

And comparing it to Dread is bad, these are two totally different weapons. It's like saying that Bo Prime is better than Latron Wraith.

Sorry mate, but it seems like you're simply butthurt over something, though I'm not sure what.

Can we stop this threads, its thanks to them that stuff like Penta got nerfed because it was good in just 2 modes. Let weapons be strong and other weak, its good to have variety, it also makes hipsters feel like some special snowflake when they use stuff like 8 forma Lato.

Can we stop this threads, its thanks to them that stuff like Penta got nerfed because it was good in just 2 modes. Let weapons be strong and other weak, its good to have variety, it also makes hipsters feel like some special snowflake when they use stuff like 8 forma Lato.

that was nerfed for obvious reasons, and it STILL is no problem with a fully ranked ammo mutation/ all the ammo you will ever need unless you blindly shoot grenades everywhere.

Most weapons are viable if played right. It just depends on the situation. If I am using my nekros to mod farm then I lay on the amprex and CC with it. If I am trying to stealth then I put on a bow or sniper. Not all weapons are going to be great, but most can be pretty darn good if you think outside of the box. Also, with syndicates it would appear DE is trying to resurrect a number of weapons. Time will only tell though.

Are you saying that Dread is underpowered?

It's much better than most of the primaries...

I still don't understand HOW can manual bow be stronger than automatic sniper rifle.

Opticor is supposed to be kind of OP - it's railgun.

It is not a rail gun the description pretty much states it is a laser cannon a rail gun pushes out projectiles at high speeds Opticor does no such thing.

Opticor DOES have penetration, or can with shred and at its rate of fire its enough. slap on a vile acceleration and you are firing fully charged shots non-stop.

The ONE thing that annoys me is that the unbalancing is largely due to heavy cal. Heavy cal has 0 noticable affect on opticor or quanta, but on dread even a rank 2 = you have 0% accuraccy , much less maxed.

I don't suggest nerfing XD i just want some buffs to dread, to make it more ....1 shotty?

cause currently dread is like a (in a way) overpowered single target weapon, the only problem is that other weapons like the opticor can match its damage single AND multi target. Thats what irks me, as long as no-one can match the dreads 1 shot then im fine, but if you can do that with any othe rweapon AND shoot multiple things at once its kinda sad.

ok forget about this si you dont want......im just annoyed that the dread is so weak.(kinda)

a awy to fix it: MAKE A AUGEMENTED MOD FOR DREAD WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

XD

basically what im aiming for(?)

Edited by Personwithhat

When i was using the Quanta i want overly impressed by it.

And Dread is a weapon in a league of its own at the moment. The rare thing that does a spectacular amount of damage yet requires some skill at aiming to be effective.

mb not all at onec but defenitely over time

Care to explain how this makes sense? Because going by that logic the Lato is OP because it can do as much damage as the Latron Prime over time.

Ok, that's more clear now.

Still, I think Dread doesn't lack ability to one hit kill. All you need to do is to aim for the weakspots, simple as that. It's weapon suited for sniping.

Opticor is more of a general giant death laser, and Quanta is certainly not for sniping as well since it has no zoom option.

So, Dread is not weak. If you have problems with it then maybe you're just using incorrect mods.

I have no problems with it. i just feel like shooting a giant death lazer kinda .....outclasses......a bow..............

and by over time i mean that the Opticor/quanta can fire 5-6 shots more than the dread for each one that the dread fires. a.k.a. it will take about 1/1.5 seconds more to do the damage, and it will be disperesed across multiple shots, but they will still do more damage.

also, have you TRIED aiming with dread vs 20 ancients coming at you at once? GL getting headshots on all 20. I've tried, even with a charge time of 1 second its ridiculously slow , 5 seconds later you downed broh.

quanta = secondary SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM

jsut spam it

Opticor = giant death laser, 20? no problems PEWPEWPEW

dread= 20? let me see 1.........2........3........4..........5......ohS#&$.................6................7.............ded

and i can't put status + blast on dread because then the dreads damage is crap....

oh and assume these ancients are lv.100 XD cause wave 50+ defence is fun :3

also, have you TRIED aiming with dread vs 20 ancients coming at you at once? GL getting headshots on all 20. I've tried, even with a charge time of 1 second its ridiculously slow , 5 seconds later you downed broh.

Yes

and I succeded.

Impaled them all against the wall for the sake of art and cheap decoration.

I knew it you can't use bows properly

Dread is already powerful as it is

Just build it better.

what is your dread build anyway? Crit build is a lust anyway. I think dread has the highest crit chance.

Edited by Deidaku

You wanna know what is really OP?

The Tigris.

You fire that thing at max fire rate and you'll get something like 7.8 million Dps.

Nothing else comes close

O_o

Is that a joke?  Or did you forma all the slots? If it can be done, that's awesome. :O

I dont have a problem with

in case you weren't reading

I love my dread i have no problems never have probably never will

I dont have a hard time its easy as hell just kinda hard only when u way outnumbered

give dread a buff? :P

Dread needs no buff, that thing is a great bow.  You do know you can also have a secondary that balances it out with a short range with fast fire rate right?