Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing First Impressions And Issues

EChondo

So I just claimed my Archwing about 1 hour ago and have ran a couple missions so far. Honestly I wasn't very interested to begin with when I first heard about Archwing, and it still isn't very interesting now that I have my hands on it. The issues I have with it are;

1. The minimap and waypoint is beyond asinine. Saying things are lower when they are higher or vice versa.

2. Modules that are dropped for one person are then literally teleported straight up 1200 meters away for anyone else in the party.

3. Automatically kicking people when they are out of bounds for more than 5 seconds. I've already lost a couple of mods this way, why not implement an actual barrier to prevent people from going outside of the playable area? Or instead of kicking people out of the mission, just teleport them back into the map?

4. Mod cards. Yes, I know, RNG is going to be RNG, but running nearly 10+ missions so far and only getting ONE mod out of the hundreds of enemies? The only other things I got was 3 common fusion cores. So how about upping the drop rate of mods in general in Archwing missions? I would like to add that Sabotage is giving quite a few mods, so I guess mod drop rates are drastically lower in Interception missions only. If you're looking for mods, don't bother with Interception.

I'll add onto this thread the more I play.

*Edit,

5. Why does the screen shake so much while sprinting in Archwing? Are you trying to give me a headache and make me throw up? Would love to turn this off completely, I don't have Bloom or Depth of Field on, I don't have HUD motion turned on, so why the Hell does Archwing shake my screen when I sprint?

*Edit 2,

I would like to add that I LOVE the level design for the Sabotage missions, very close quarters and how quick and nimble you have to be to get through the trench runs. I think Extermination should be moved to the trench run maps as well since the open designed ones are way too big for ~70 enemies. Maybe use the open maps for larger Extermination missions that have ~150 enemies?

Oh and Arch-melee is very well done, kudos to DE on that one.

*Edit 3,

6. Interception missions, I can't see some enemies, at all. I'm a client, not hosting, so I presume this is the issue since the host can see the enemies capturing a tower, but I cannot. So Interception is broken right now.

7. Some enemies in Interception missions mainly are mostly or partly inside walls. 

8. The Sun brightness when in space is absolutely blinding, tone down the Sun's brightness, this is with Bloom off by the way.

Edited by EChondo

The first arch wing mission with the geiner ship blasting the crap out of things.

When you die and bleed out it doesnt spawn you back out side the ship properly with your arch wing.
Ive been spawned both in the corpus ship and on top of it without arch wing and then the geiner ship proceeded to blast the S#&$ out of me as i sit there helpless as it wasnt spawned with me

I'm with you on generally feeling "meh" about Archwing, OP. I'm sure it took a huge amount of work, and hats off to the devs for it, but for me it doesn't really add anything to the Warframe experience.

I mean, has it even been explained what we're actually doing in space? Balor formorians I know, but how does a jetpack-come-pair-of-wings help us take these down exactly? Our Lisets are clearly equipped with stealth technology that outclasses anything the Grineer have, so why not do the usual and insert a small-scale squad to sabotage the warships from within? It seems much less far-fetched, and is much more in keeping with the "space ninja" aesthetic.

/vent

People you have to consider this is the first week since it was released dont expect too much of it yet

There are currently only very few enemy types and missions availible

They will add more things and archwings and stuff later

You cant demand everything at once

If you think this is few content you should have been playing at the beginning of open beta

there was only 1 planet and Vor was basically a normal grineer with buffed armor

Give them some time to fix things OMG

when playing Interception (Grineer archwing mission), enemies Unit are so freaking huge for 4 warframes to handle, it's over 20+ enemies flying around just to tease you and capture the tower while you defending the tower, not to mention if you defending 1 tower with alot of enemies there will be 1 sneaky grineer capture the other 3 without anyone notice.

not only that energy / HP orbs and Mods drop in open space are extremely hard to see.

also when capturing the tower in Interception, i hardly capture a tower due to "Conflict" state when there is no enemies around that freaking tower.

People you have to consider this is the first week since it was released dont expect too much of it yet

There are currently only very few enemy types and missions availible

They will add more things and archwings and stuff later

You cant demand everything at once

If you think this is few content you should have been playing at the beginning of open beta

there was only 1 planet and Vor was basically a normal grineer with buffed armor

Give them some time to fix things OMG

The first week yeah, there's going to be issues and problems, I know not to expect a whole lot of content, but I expect it to actually work. Enemies getting stuck in walls, mods not dropping at all for Interception missions(sabotage is fine, haven't played enough extermination to test), clients can't see some enemies in Interception missions, etc.

I don't care that there isn't much to do right now, that can be fixed, but I expect the critical parts of this content to actually function.