Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur High End Build

MichaelSD

Question

As title says, with the new "changes" the Radial Blind became unreliable and more or less useless at high levels.

I tested several setups, but I did not find any usable configuration for my Excalibur in which I would not be a liability to the team. Now that Radial Blind is negated by a simple pillar or box I did find anything how I can could contribute to the team at higher levels.

Any has suggestions with other builds maybe?

while i cant understand why the heck they changed an amazing ability, im getting used to it and able to use it mostly, but it just annoying that i cant bilnd someone behind the door, anyway, radial javalin, is pretty nice for that little stun, with maxed range it can stun alot, but stun time isnt that long.

excalibur will stay my main, and im still gonna use radial blind, but the change is uneeded change, and IMO better be reverted, and slash dash get reworked instaed ( who else wanna slash dash up in the air or cut from above? )

also, the augument mod seems pretty damm good, with max range alot of javalin will hit, cant wait to test this one out, but with the rate i get syndicate points it gonna take a while :)

Edited by adarazrad

lol

1. Move away from the simple pillar or box.

Seriously, not hard.

Excal main here; this update hardly changed my effectiveness at all. Just spend half a second getting a line of sight (cloak yourself with Super Jump if you don't want to get shot) and press 2, then you can use whatever build you had prior to the update.

If your Radial Blind isn't effective right now, then, frankly, it's not your build that's the problem.

while i agree that my effectivnes isnt lower by much, its just annoying to blind and one sec after a door open you have to recast it, enemy come in line of sight and you do it agian... thats bit annoying

Yes, jump 30m high. The only bad thing is that a max Power Strenght build takes 3 slots, 55% Efficiency and 27.5 Duration.

That means you'll able to do nothing.

Plus, Radial Blind at its max level can reach something like 50-60 meters circa. If you jump 30m high, and you can reach 50m of diameter.... use the Pythagorean theorem to know the effective range on the ground. Not that much.

And, however, as I wrote, Efficiency and Duration drops, so it'll be very hard to reach and kill enemies you blind thiks way. PLUS the fact that it costs really a lot of Energy.

However, to answer to Michael, I'm using Excalibur Prime right now.

Considering that 3/4 abilities are still trash, I decided to use a Radial Blind build, based especially on Duration instead of Range. In this way, you'll able to hit less enemies, but blind them for a more long time. Of course power Efficiency included.

actually javalin stun isnt that bad, and super jump isnt that bad like it was before, it have its little nice stun and invisibilty, if slash dash will get reworked and blind will revert, excalibur will be awsome and balanced frame more then ever

@SortaRandom

Because moving into a good position (if there is such a thing on some map parts), jumping (where invisibility is by far cry form Loki's regarding reliability) takes time. On low levels it does not matter, your shield and health will cover you. On high level 1-2 enemies will kill your in seconds. That is the problem with radial blind itself too. You blind 6 opponents and 2 other come 2 seconds later through the door. Use another RB/RJ or run for cover and loose your original RB? As adarazrad wrote it already.

Not without reason is Stomp, M. Prime, Chaos&Co. well liked. RB had the same role and it worked well. It's short duration sharply limited it usefulness, which was ok. The LOS limitation also limits my ability to help my team mates and with that other frames are way more efficient.

Using RB is the same, just we need to spam it more often. Hardly an improvement.

But why was RB more powerful than Stomp for example? Who was bothered by it?

@adarazrad

I am in the wrong Syndicate, I did not like those with FJ. :( Maybe we can exchange mods? :)

@SortaRandom

Because moving into a good position (if there is such a thing on some map parts), jumping (where invisibility is by far cry form Loki's regarding reliability) takes time. On low levels it does not matter, your shield and health will cover you. On high level 1-2 enemies will kill your in seconds. That is the problem with radial blind itself too. You blind 6 opponents and 2 other come 2 seconds later through the door. Use another RB/RJ or run for cover and loose your original RB? As adarazrad wrote it already.

Not without reason is Stomp, M. Prime, Chaos&Co. well liked. RB had the same role and it worked well. It's short duration sharply limited it usefulness, which was ok. The LOS limitation also limits my ability to help my team mates and with that other frames are way more efficient.

Using RB is the same, just we need to spam it more often. Hardly an improvement.

But why was RB more powerful than Stomp for example? Who was bothered by it?

Let's just agree to disagree, since this doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I just want to point out one last time, though, that Radial Blind can easily be used to more or less its original capabilities if you simply pay attention to your surroundings. Try and be creative with how you use Blind; cast it before doors close (or delay your cast for about a second if you see an enemy approaching a closed door) for more efficiency, do a forward flip from behind cover and straight into enemies' faces immediately before casting (damage received is reduced significantly, especially if you leap into the most dangerous enemy's face so he tries to melee you rather than shoot you), figure out the tolerance for hitbox detection for enemies that don't have a clear LoS (so you can actually blind enemies while being completely covered, as long as they aren't too far away from a possible LoS), etc. Hell, if you're cornered and low on health, you can even simply poke your sword above cover to blind anything that sees it.

Just play with Excalibur on some high-leveled missions some more (preferably Ceres, since it has the most dangerous common units in the game), try and figure out how to get around the nasty situations that the nerfed Radial Blind is no longer able to cover, and try to plan beforehand how to get out of situations should your Blind happen to fail at a critical moment. With a bit of practice, using your surroundings to your advantage will become second nature in no time.

Good luck on your future endeavors. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

im wondering, if DE found radial blind too powerfull and nerfed it, what will happen to other abilities? i mean, right now alot of abilities are pretty damm good, if radial blind was too powerfull im pretty sure that other abilities will get a nerf soon

im wondering, if DE found radial blind too powerfull and nerfed it, what will happen to other abilities? i mean, right now alot of abilities are pretty damm good, if radial blind was too powerfull im pretty sure that other abilities will get a nerf soon

Yes, I was wondering too. While I am completely against it, we should see massive nerf in CC abilities. On the other hand logic was never DE's strong suit.

Oh, btw, RB was nerfed once and restored because people did not like it. Strange that now they did it again. It tells much about the devs approach to changes...