Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So You Say Limbo Is Useless...

Sitchrea

Riftwalk makes me immune to that.

You still have a bit of downtime where you cannot cast Rift Walk instantly, so there is that window. And given how the Grineer likes to dish out Slash status effects as though there was a pudding gone rancid and the cafeteria ladies wanted to give it out to students as quickly as possible before the health department arrives, the chances of having a Slash status effect during that window is relatively high. 

Theyre actually only semi-rare on Intercept missions theese days. You also have a chance to get one on any wave.

For this one, I would really have to say: One's mileage may vary, although from my experience, it is on the rare side. 

But this Limbo bimbo ding dong what ever...
He really helpful in coop? or just more toward TROLL ROLE PLAY frame?

Solo Frame, useless to me.

No one said Limbo was useless.

What's up with these "Who said X Warframe is useless..."

I need to try that.

Some of community think when coop happening..

ALERT

FqGKSLB.png

Just tell me how he wil be useful in endgame? spam banish to every eximus enemy and sent someone who strongest in the team to fight them? or just make 1v1 fight game play sent enemy to the rift and sent random guy to kill that? i bet he will get OHK in the rift........

Now i dont see the point why he useful in any game play .... oh he still useful in capture and rescue type, The bucket energy frame (can regain some energy) Trinity will be better since she can regain 25-100 in a sec or just used team restore.

Make everyone invulnerable from every attack type (except some explosion for now) but that mean limbo need to spam banish to EVERY ENEMIES to the same dimension or used Cataclysm on random area and shoot from far away or get OHK by endgame enemies and will be slowdown on Def / Interception mode and ofc Survival too.

Cataclysm cover the pod still unnecessary since still have frost/volt and you can't shoot any enemies outside the skill area ... oh then you must stand out of skill area but that mean Snow Globe / Electric Shield are better to cover the pod and player (except on every infested mission w/e they still make damage to the pod and you need to stand in skill area or used Rift Walk/Banish to ally to shoot them from outside like ODD)

Casting times still too long for support frame you need around 2-3 sec to kill one enemies ( banish + rift (surge/walk) ) or Cataclysm that took around 1.5 - 2 sec, just look at other support or defense frame.

PS :: well everyone will think im being hate Limbo and only love on (CAPTAIN)Hydroid .... but nope i love him and would like to see how he will be useful in some game play other on capture/rescue.

Edited by Shafilp

You still have a bit of downtime where you cannot cast Rift Walk instantly, so there is that window. And given how the Grineer likes to dish out Slash status effects as though there was a pudding gone rancid and the cafeteria ladies wanted to give it out to students as quickly as possible before the health department arrives, the chances of having a Slash status effect during that window is relatively high. 

Nice. I like your analogy.

But this Limbo bimbo ding dong what ever...

He really helpful in coop? or just more toward TROLL ROLE PLAY frame?

I did a few ten wave defense missions yesterday and he worked out swimmingly. I was the defender and I have an Excalibur, banshee, and an ash on my team. It worked out well. I would defend until I got a nice clump of enemies then I would cast cataclysm. That would take out most of the enemies and anyone entering would usually just die out right. In addition it was a place for my allies to recover shields and energy. I haven't had anyone complain yet, so maybe I am doing something right.

Just tell me how he wil be useful in endgame? spam banish to every eximus enemy and sent someone who strongest in the team to fight them? or just make 1v1 fight game play sent enemy to the rift and sent random guy to kill that? i bet he will get OHK in the rift........

Now i dont see the point why he useful in any game play .... oh he still useful in capture and rescue type, The bucket energy frame (can regain some energy) Trinity will be better since she can regain 25-100 in a sec or just used team restore.

Make everyone invulnerable from every attack type (except some explosion for now) but that mean limbo need to spam banish to EVERY ENEMIES to the same dimension or used Cataclysm on random area and shoot from far away or get OHK by endgame enemies and will be slowdown on Def / Interception mode and ofc Survival too.

Cataclysm cover the pod still unnecessary since still have frost/volt and you can't shoot any enemies outside the skill area ... oh then you must stand out of skill area but that mean Snow Globe / Electric Shield are better to cover the pod and player (except on every infested mission w/e they still make damage to the pod and you need to stand in skill area or used Rift Walk/Banish to ally to shoot them from outside like ODD)

Casting times still too long for support frame you need around 2-3 sec to kill one enemies ( banish + rift (surge/walk) ) or Cataclysm that took around 1.5 - 2 sec, just look at other support or defense frame.

PS :: well everyone will think im being hate Limbo and only love on (CAPTAIN)Hydroid .... but nope i love him and would like to see how he will be useful in some game play other on capture/rescue.

You make some good points. The way I thought about it was that Limbo can banish some of the strong enemies in a wave to buy sometime whiles everyone else is killed. Then the team is able focus on the enemy/ies once they return to the normal dimension. Also, one of the best uses for him so far is reviving downed allies in the void. His riftwalk is similar to loki's invisibility. Both are great for healing allies in the middle of a combat zone.

But he really does take some getting used to and I can understand if some players don't like him. There are frames I just don't like simply from a preference standpoint.

I'm sorry but I don't see how this video makes him more appealing. Sure the boss thing is nice, but the second example on the defense isn't. It was about 3 kills in 45 seconds with a lot of effort just to get them while needing the added aid of an M. Prime and also forcing an Ash to continuously bladestorm and enemy he couldn't damage due to the rift invincibility. I understand Limbo has his applications, but I'm not sure how this video is supposed to change a person's mind.

If you didn't notice, that was Wave 35 of a T4D. Each of those enemies would have taken the shields off of the objective with only one bullet; the pod would have died immediately if anyone got close enough to shoot at it.

Limbo made them completely unable to target the objective.

But right now his ability to take out single targets is still lackluster and inefficient. It takes at least 5 seconds for him to properly set up his skills to start taking on the enemy and THEN he does damage. Any person simply shooting at an eximus (and I am aware this was Wave 35) could take it down in that time if their gun was actually set up to go to far and kill it easily without the need of limbo's damage buff. I'm not saying the Limbo strategy isn't good, just inefficient.

If he is meant to only kill strong targets, then he is a 1-trick pony that doesn't have much purpose until late game when the tougher enemies start showing. But when the game progresses after that, then there are simply too many for him to be able to effectively deal with all of them. I doubt those three enemies he killed in the video were the majority of the heavies that showed up (or even eximuses). While he spent the wave setting up to kill those enemies, his teammates wiped out all the other enemies, heavies and eximuses included.

A later argument in this thread says he is worth it because his Banish can make teammates invulnerable for ults. This makes him a 1-trick pony in which his powers are effectively useless except to look around for your air-coptering allies so that they can press 4 to win.

How can you be a 1-trick pony three times?

...Wouldn't that make you a pony with multiple uses?

Limbo is a great frame, problem is people in pubs that get a Limbo on their team will probably get trolled (or misinterpret his assistance as trolling)
Lasted an hour and twenty minutes in T4 Survival thanks to his abilities.

Limbo is a good frame you need to work 4 times as more with his abilities as with other frames, and you still need a good weapon because your damage comes from it not from abilities, but we need to defend this clearly not lackbuster frame....

How can you be a 1-trick pony three times?

...Wouldn't that make you a pony with multiple uses?

A. I only used the term twice.

B. I'm using it multiple times since the people here saying Limbo is the most useful Warframe ever don't really agree on why it's the case. Half of them are saying Limbo is specced for single assassination, and half are saying Limbo is specced more for support than offense. People seem to only go one way about it and I don't really see a number of people using both tactics. Maybe 1-trick pony was a bad term for it, though.

C. Even if he was the multiple use pony, that doesn't counter any argument saying that he doesn't do any of his tricks that well compared to the rest of the stable.

If you didn't notice, that was Wave 35 of a T4D. Each of those enemies would have taken the shields off of the objective with only one bullet; the pod would have died immediately if anyone got close enough to shoot at it.

Limbo made them completely unable to target the objective.

I made note of that in a subsequent post, and the point I made was those were just 3 enemies, a really crummy fraction of all the enemies that show up in defense waves. Of those three, only two were eximuses and one was a regular heavy. Far more than just two eximuses spawn during a Wave 35 of a T4D, meaning that his teammates simply killed the rest of those eximuses and all of the heavies in the same amount of time and effort it took Limbo to kill 3.

Edited by Flamingfighter

I made note of that in a subsequent post, and the point I made was those were just 3 enemies, a really crummy fraction of all the enemies that show up in defense waves. Of those three, only two were eximuses and one was a regular heavy. Far more than just two eximuses spawn during a Wave 35 of a T4D, meaning that his teammates simply killed the rest of those eximuses and all of the heavies in the same amount of time and effort it took Limbo to kill 3.

Wow, did not realize I replied tot he same guy twice. XD

Well the point of Limbo in a very high-intensity teamfight is not to deal damage, cause he just can't cut it. However, his team boosting abilites, his buffs, and his expertise at filling the role of Field Monitor are invaluable assets that he brings to a Cell of Tenno.

Ok, but what idiot is going to make himself invulnarable after exposing himself to enemy fire.

Ok, but what idiot is going to make himself invulnarable after exposing himself to enemy fire.

What are you trying to say?

From that question, it seems that you are implying that players who make themselves invulnerable after exposing him/herself to enemy fire is an idiot. Unless you typed something wrong. 

From that question, it seems that you are implying that players who make themselves invulnerable after exposing him/herself to enemy fire is an idiot. Unless you typed something wrong. 

Regardless, guys, sometimes getting shot at unexpectedly cannot be avoided.

I.E. Rounding a corner to find a Corpus Eximus sucking your energy through a straw.

I.E. Rounding a corner to find a Corpus Eximus sucking your energy through a straw.

That is not being shot. 

That is the Eximus Auras being so cheap, that anything else having more gameplay value than it just throws their hands up, and surrenders to the aura, allowing it to pass unhindered. 

Wow, did not realize I replied tot he same guy twice. XD

Well the point of Limbo in a very high-intensity teamfight is not to deal damage, cause he just can't cut it. However, his team boosting abilites, his buffs, and his expertise at filling the role of Field Monitor are invaluable assets that he brings to a Cell of Tenno.

I didn't realize I responded to the same guy who responded to me twice if that means anything. And I'm not saying his powers are without merit. The video which posted which labels him as a damage dealing destroyer shows cataclysm being used in a very useful manner. It's a nice fallback zone to restore energy and it protects the pod from outside fire. It would be completely useless in defense as it would function mainly like a snowglobe only you don't get the perk of shooting enemies outside of the globe and there is no movement debuff associated. Other than that, his buffs mainly seem to focus on damage dealing. Banish is a useful ability for team support, but people seem to forget that a lot of players have coptering and directional melee, and move at incredibly high speeds making them nearly impossible to target. The best bet to efficiently banish and unbanish somebody is to have them stand still or move at a jogging pace, which in itself is inefficient.

I'm sorry but I don't see how this video makes him more appealing. Sure the boss thing is nice, but the second example on the defense isn't. It was about 3 kills in 45 seconds with a lot of effort just to get them while needing the added aid of an M. Prime and also forcing an Ash to continuously bladestorm and enemy he couldn't damage due to the rift invincibility. I understand Limbo has his applications, but I'm not sure how this video is supposed to change a person's mind.

I don't think the M Prime was necessary. What it appears, to me, that the Limbo was doing, was Banishing, and then Rift walking to a banished Eximus. This is where Limbo really shines. Picking priority targets, and doing them up the butt, violently, making the rest of the fight incredibly easy.

I don't think the M Prime was necessary. What it appears, to me, that the Limbo was doing, was Banishing, and then Rift walking to a banished Eximus. This is where Limbo really shines. Picking priority targets, and doing them up the butt, violently, making the rest of the fight incredibly easy.

As I already point out, while killing 3 enemies is better than killing no enemies, I guess, the rest of the team already took out the other eximuses (eximi?), heavies, and normal units, in the same amount of time it took him to kill 3.

Seems common sense to me that you cast your buffs before getting into a fight wherever possible.

And Limbo can refresh Riftwalk at will so theres really no reason not to.

Ive had that happen to me often enough that i actually check my corners before running around them.

That said Leech Eximi dont seem to sap energy as much as they used to before U15. Could just be me since i use Flow on pretty much all my frames now.