Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So You Say Limbo Is Useless...

Sitchrea

But the Warframe can have powers that allow those players to mess around with other players (to a good extent too). 

So, is Limbo bad? Not really, but his skills does provide quite a few tools for players to 'troll' (which is a slightly bad point). 

A bad user, doesn't make the tool bad.

Limbo is a tool, and a damn fine tool.

The effectiveness of any frame comes from the user / player.

A bad user, doesn't make the tool bad.

Limbo is a tool, and a damn fine tool.

The effectiveness of any frame comes from the user / player.

That then runs contrary to their practice of revisting frames and buffing/reworking them. Oberon was a scarce used frame in the game because his powers were deemed to ineffective compared to other frames.

That then runs contrary to their practice of revisting frames and buffing/reworking them. Oberon was a scarce used frame in the game because his powers were deemed to ineffective compared to other frames.

Mhm. Excalibur and Nekros are also being changed a bit. Hopefully they look at Saryn after those two.

I don't think the video makes much of a difference.  What I saw there was what I expected to see.  I use Limbo, but get trolled by other Limbos and other warframes, and I'm guessing that is because people don't like Limbo.  I'm no troll, but I have banished some that trolled me with no good reason.

With that said, lately I feel discouraged to even use Limbo, not because of the trolling, but because even after a few hotfixes to correct some issues with Limbo, we still cannot pick up items when the rift bubble is up.  I don't see how this will help the entire team.  It disables the team actually.  I don't want to use Limbo anymore unless I play solo for this reason alone.

Now... is Limbo useless?  Hell no.  Never thought that about him at all.  He's just controversial.  I'm just hoping DE will find a solution.

I don't think the video makes much of a difference.  What I saw there was what I expected to see.  I use Limbo, but get trolled by other Limbos and other warframes, and I'm guessing that is because people don't like Limbo.  I'm no troll, but I have banished some that trolled me with no good reason.

With that said, lately I feel discouraged to even use Limbo, not because of the trolling, but because even after a few hotfixes to correct some issues with Limbo, we still cannot pick up items when the rift bubble is up.  I don't see how this will help the entire team.  It disables the team actually.  I don't want to use Limbo anymore unless I play solo for this reason alone.

Now... is Limbo useless?  Hell no.  Never thought that about him at all.  He's just controversial.  I'm just hoping DE will find a solution.

So what's discouraging you from playing him? Just that you can't pick up items?

Personally I think the problem is that he is a good frame, but he is not first choice compared to others.

Entirely my thought. He isn't useless, but innefficient. Energy regen? Trinity Energy Vamp. Removing some enemies from being able to attack? Trinity can also do that, and she still serves a more valuable support role. The only way I've seen Limbo surpass his peers in some support capacity was reviving downed teammates.

You did say that not being able to pick up items is the sole reason you do not play him (unless solo).

You did say that not being able to pick up items is the sole reason you do not play him (unless solo).

Yeah its one of the huge reason people dont like Limbo, but really those pickups should be lootable aswell inside the Cataclysm since those are still caught in the void bubble making those part of the void bubble too, otherwise i can understand the rift walking Limbos cant pick up since Limbo and the loots are in different plane which is a reasonable side effect for being invincible.

That was the cause of discouragement.  My reason is that I don't want to become the team's disabler.  Keeping people from picking up items creates all kinds of pointless problems during battle, so much so that I find it not worth using Limbo unless I'm going solo.  However, I am not at all against the use or the existence of the Limbo warframe.  I just rather be a team player when using Limbo instead of being a complete inconvenience.

• 2 months later...

I just know that he is not invulnerable at all, and he is more a pain in the neck than actually useful. Want to win a defense? Pick Frost, He is all you need.

Actually, I thinkg that only Mirage is a good new entry in Warframe.

Hydroid is basically Ember with water, Mesa is a one-skill Warframe, Zephyr... well... let's slide...

They should bring more CC Warframe with skill-combos.

Huh... This thread started in October....

Anyways, just want the say, limbo is perfect for ANY caster frame,especially nova or mag. Let me share with y'all a story. We were preparing a t4 def, when this guy shows up with a limbo. Ofc I questioned his choice, but he insisted. Eventually we got to wave 25. We went down a couple of times. Who saved us? Limbo. Eventually I (nova) was getting 1 shorted. And I suppose limbo here got tired and banished me. Twas then I fully realized the true potential of a limbo and caster synergy. I could stand there in the middle of a bunch of lvl80 heavy gunners pumping my antimatter drop without a care in the world and boom! KO.what was initially planned as a 20 wave run was prolonged to 40, and believe me we could have made another 15 EASY. (Never been to 60 so yeah)

I should also mention that the limbo had the second highest damage dealt, only 5% behind me.

I suppose that limbo is definitely worthwhile with any caster, what with the energy regain, spammable ability, invulnerability.... heaven for nova XD

I just know that he is not invulnerable at all, and he is more a pain in the neck than actually useful. Want to win a defense? Pick Frost, He is all you need.

Actually, I thinkg that only Mirage is a good new entry in Warframe.

Hydroid is basically Ember with water, Mesa is a one-skill Warframe, Zephyr... well... let's slide...

They should bring more CC Warframe with skill-combos.

Massive Thread nekromancy, but still

In the long run, Limbo beats frost for a defense objective. Frost is a moderate duration limited by how much health it has. It breaks, and even if you place another, it may be too late, and because of this doesn't perform well when enemies start doing their trademark Tons-of-damage. And really, that and a little slow down from his ult are all he can offer in late game.

Limbo on huge other hand is only limited by his duration, which in many cases will make cataclysm last over a minute. Now being a toggle, you can even refresh it in a lull in the wave, unlike a frost globe which will then have no health. Banish, especially with haven, can be a life saver taking an ally out of harms way, and for casters allowing them to spam CC abilities with their new found energy regen and safety. Rift walk is the same thing, but for you obviously.

The only lackluster thing on his kit is Rift Surge, which I will agree is just a shoehorned damage ability that doesn't flow with the kit at all.

Limbo is honestly one of the best frames in the game for defense. A limbo is Frost on steroids. Capable of giving allies and himself a indistructable frost globe but they aren't allowed to use weapons to attack.

Or give the pod a indistructable forcefeild that gives enemies in it a damage multiplier, though it doesn't last as long as frost's bubble.

Hes not as reliable as frost, though in the right hands he is the best defensive frame in the game.

Some guy used Limbo to bring his squad to round 100 in Defense. That should show you how good Limbo is.

Edited by Feallike

This video (especially the bit against the boss) perfectly showcased just how tedious playing limbo can be. Having to individually bring enemies into the rift to take advantage of the extra damage against them (or use cataclysm and hope they don't kill you because limbo IS squishy) is just too much work. In the time it takes you to aim and use your ability I could be killing them with my weapon without having to use any extra energy. I can kill ambulas faster with other frames (Banshee does it better). 

The only thing Limbo was useful for in the second part was pod protection. So all I got from this video was 'Look, Limbo can protect the pod and kill ~2 enemies in the time it takes his teammates to kill the rest of the wave'.

0/10, only served to reinforce the negativity I see directed at Limbo.

Some guy used Limbo to bring his squad to round 100 in Defense. That should show you how good Limbo is.

More like, Limbo stood around protecting the pod while his teammates did all the hard work. Limbo is a more defensive but less offensive Frost. That's it. Volt can protect a pod just as well as Limbo can, but does not restrict weapon use at all. Volt>Limbo

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Want to go offensive? 600% damage increase.

Want to go defensive? Immune to any damage thrown at him.

Want to play support? Make any objective or ally immune to anything shot at them.

Trolls do not make the frame bad... For those that know how to use him, Limbo can be an invaluable asset to any team.

Want to go offensive? 600% damage increase.

Yes. But it's just a damage bonus for you.

Want to go defensive? Immune to any damage thrown at him.

What good immunity? You are immune, yes, but you can not touch the enemies except banishing them one by one (slow and inefficient).

Want to play support? Make any objective or ally immune to anything shot at them.

- Do you really think you stand it? What? A player literally banished out of combat.

Trolls do not make the frame bad... For those that know how to use him, Limbo can be an invaluable asset to any team.

Like Limbo? Players using Limbo fun using powers and slow, inefficient, annoying for other players skills. You divertes Limbo banishing you with your enemies one by one, as are the other players who do all the hard work and took the game forward.
Limbo is a bad frame and far outweighed by other truly useful and effective frameworks in a serious game.

I don't think the M Prime was necessary. What it appears, to me, that the Limbo was doing, was Banishing, and then Rift walking to a banished Eximus. This is where Limbo really shines. Picking priority targets, and doing them up the butt, violently, making the rest of the fight incredibly easy.

By the time you do that, I killed 18 enemies with Ash / Loki.