Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So You Say Limbo Is Useless...

Sitchrea

I rather have Frost with me on a T4 Defense. Reasons?

I can stay inside the globe and shoot down enemies. So I'm not unprotected the moment I want to shoot bad guys before they reach the pod.

If the globes start to die quickly I just put up several of them. It helps and then I just throw another one every now and then.

With Nova and Banshee the damage bonus gets pretty good so you can just fire away. Trinity for energy spam.

I just stay to Wave 45-50 at most as that seems to be enough for Frost.

The "Picking off priority targets" part is also rather fun. Nova + Banshe allows everyone to select Priority targets at a whim.

Limbo with max duration to protect pod and team.

+ Vauban with Repelling Bastille augment to take care of those who try to walk in. Even them nullifiers.

+ Mesa with max power strength for ballistic battery and peacemaker.

+ take a random MR 0 to wave 100 for the lulz

Profit.

WHERE IS YOUR ASH/LOKI/BOLTOR PRIME NOW

I wouldn't say Limbo is useless but he's just quite hassle to use.

Also, for the Frost topic, Frost doesn't have limits on protecting with Snowglobe, it's most people's brain that has limits and cannot understand that Snowglobe has this 4s invulnerability and within that 4s, all damage absorbed will be added to it's health pool when it becomes vulnerable. So technically, you can maintain an invulnerable globe if you keep recasting it every 4s or even 8s if it was recieving constant damage from enemies.

I wouldn't say Limbo is useless but he's just quite hassle to use.

Exactly.

Warframe is a fast shooter style.

You do not have time to "magic tricks" slow and inefficient.

You must kill, and must do so as quickly as possible.

Limbo is a slow, cumbersome and inefficient frame.

Limbo is what i call a rift hunter, have him build for radiation augment for weapons which is the arbiters and just send enemies with high exp into the rift and kill them and just keep activating the augments AOE continously and well he becomes a very useful AOE + killing tough mobs frame.

You missed my point. By miles.

I meant making other players invulnerable.

A Banshee that doesnt need to Soundquake from behind cover? Lokis that dont need to RD while invisible? Vaubans that could walk up to a crowd and place Teslas on every single mob (might be good when we get that aug).

And that says nothing for what a Volt can get up to with Electric Shields.

Do you ever think about teamwork anymore?

What can a volt do with electric shields in that case?

Electric Shield allows players using a hitscan weapon (Marelok, Soma, etc) to deal damage to enemies no matter whether the player is rifted or not.

Pretty sure it works for any weapon, not just hitscan. A Synapse can still go infinite once shot through the shield.

Electric Shield allows players using a hitscan weapon (Marelok, Soma, etc) to deal damage to enemies no matter whether the player is rifted or not.

What's the point in being rifted if you're already using Electric Shield? Electric Shield already provides complete invulnerability from any attack in the direction it is blocking for the entirety of its duration. Being in the rift is mostly a waste of time.

And Loki doesn't need to be invisible to use radial disarm. If you're a loki and you find yourself needing to use invisibility before casting radial disarm, you're doing something wrong. A proper radial disarm loki will guarantee that every enemy in a 50 meter radius is disarmed at all times.

What's the point in being rifted if you're already using Electric Shield? Electric Shield already provides complete invulnerability from any attack in the direction it is blocking for the entirety of its duration. Being in the rift is mostly a waste of time.

You dont play Volt much do you?

Melee enemies and AoE damage will go right through the shields.

And of course, setting up enough shields to encircle a decently sized area (to avoid splash projectiles) is time and energy cnsuming.

Getting rifted and placing one shield to use as a fulcrum for all your attacks as you ignore all damage coming your way is simple.