Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Archwing Interception Is Unplayable

LichAlfred

Rank 17 here, I tried to finish it MANY times, I gathered parties in chat, thied this and that - nothing helps. 

Enemy damage and spawns are EXTREME. They are just not too much, they are over-the-top. 

In most public matches I join I die in SECONDS after loading in, despite using mods, tanked rhino prime, spamming wing abilities.

I havent finished at least 1 round, not to mention 4 rounds required to get any archwing part.

Fix it.

The corpus mission of this level is EASILY manageble for comparison.

P.S. And please, change archwing interception mods rewards to some archwing modes - getting frame mods there makes no sense.

Edited by LichAlfred

yep it is insanely hard... I can manage to handle myself at one antenna against mobs but then one of the adjacent antennas fall and its all over the swarm comes my way and all you can do is run and repel, missiles and melee but its never enough, they keep coming from other capture points because you can never find a full team capable of getting to the end of the first round. Ive been trying for 2 days to get to round 1 of uranus or even the mars limbo theorem, not possible mobs armor and shields are way too high and odonata's powers are far too weak

I've managed to scrape a couple Elytron parts together solo... but never as a squad.

Squadmates tend to make bad decisions, choose to fight the wrong battles, and up spawn rates making the mission harder.

Spam repel, run away from the swarm, and cap derelict nodes while spamming energy restores and you're good.

Now if only the damned Elytron systems would drop.

only way i could do it was with a decked out valkyr and shield and armor mods on archwing maxed and still it's no use trying ti fight them. Most of the time it's not even the damage mainly i get volleyed by missiles constantly that i can barely see.

Only way i got past 1 wave was spamming 4 with energy restores on solo.

I'm glad we're not seeing a lot of "wow just git gud and git more mods not that bad is good challenge" when even with tanked rhino with almost 1500 shields they are gone in an instant, and i can barely get flares off before the cloud of missiles juggle me into a floating death.

I don't want it to be nerfed into the ground just adjusted a bit so we have a better chance like either reduce the damage of the horde or keep the damage and cut the horde down a bit.

Hellion Dagryns have several problems right now, they stun too easy, do too much damage and obscure vision with explosions. But as long there are 1-3 of them they are fairly easy to take down. However on Uranus significantly more then 3 spawn and the volume of missles simply stunlocks and melts everything.

People spawn and before they get control they immediatley get a barrage of missles from 5+ Hellions shot their way, often insta-killing them before it's even possible to react.

From what I read, those who were able to do iat least a round used one single strategy - RUN and spam flares/restore packs. It aint Warframe, because every WF mission is kill, kill, kill, loot, kill, exlpode, nail, melt, blow, cut, incinirate, decapitate, slice, freeze, elecrocute, infest, screw, mindcontrol, violate and harass enemies in any way possible. If I dont do it - whats the point. Archwing has melee weapons and abilities that require to be relatively close to an enemy - and all this goes to trash now. 

Its all about aggro, personal experience, by getting the most aggro, they chase you but as long as you have about 150 to 200 meters distance they cant harm you like cant take down valkyrs shields, while backing up and shooting, other person capture points, if they go for a tower let em, if they come to you while your at a tower lead em away while your buddy captures, corrosive builds, and max heath shields armor... energy restores for repel if you have to capture a point that has some enemies or they come to you while your almost done capturing, two man team one person aggro, 3 man team 2 people aggro, 4 man team 2 to 3 person aggro, all valkyrs max stats and rejuvenation aura

Did it with two randoms just now. Got the Harness for the other Archwing. We were three people, and we managed to do it. 

I have no idea what the other two were doing while I were fighting for my life around C point though. Probably something useful, since it worked. 

Just target the ones with the glowing red circles around them and dodge the rest. Don't get caught in the center of a cluster though, you'll be hammered, and if you do, repel. 

Edited by TwiceDead

I just have one question to DE- Did you guys play test Uranus Archwing Interception before you added the Elytron parts to that mission?

I really hope someone from DE takes the time to reply to this question.

In Uranus mission,enemies-

->do way more damage than Tenno(I can live with that)

->have very high HP and Armor(can live with this one as well)

->captures points instantly(Seriously?)

->are faster than Tenno(Really? I thought we were Ninjas)

How exactly are we supposed to play that mission?

Sure Warfame was easy,but that doesnt mean you will make a mission impossible to increase difficulty, -_-

Edited by NN13

People spawn and before they get control they immediatley get a barrage of missles from 5+ Hellions shot their way, often insta-killing them before it's even possible to react.

This is what happens everytime a join a match instead of starting one, I am dead as soon as my screen fades from black, and half the time because of the respawn bug I get gitched and cant aim up or down. 

Have to agree on how it feels as if DE had not playtested this mission or how well Grineer space units scale past level 20.

It really feels kinda strange how most players can beat the Uranus boss and regular missions with ease, but the Archwing mission is next to impossible unless you have a very specific build team, use tactics which i'm pretty sure the devs had not in mind when they made the mission or dumb luck.

While preparing for an enemy type is a normal part of the game i don't think we should require every damn mod in the book for very specific builds just to beat an Uranus mission.

Also the tip about using energy restore falls flat when standing still for a time makes you the prime target of a random Hellion squad and it gives the enemy more time to take the other towers.

Likewise i'm pretty sure when DE made interception missions, they had not in mind that players would essentialy play catch with a swarm of 30 really angry Grineer Dregs and Dargyns.

Managed to beat the mission once so far. Randomly joined a team of three russians who had almost won the mission allready. Too bad lag forced me to leave and i couldn't ask which tactic they used.

I wonder how Ceres and Pluto Archwing missions would have looked like if they put them in with U15 too?

Anyway something needs to be done about the enemy scaling or the scaling of the Archwing mods.

->do way more damage than Tenno(I can live with that)

You speak based on first impressions without actually delving into that mission... So:

Not true. I deal way more damage to single target with my gun and multiple targets through repel than they can do to me. Corrosive is your friend. 

->have very high HP and Armor(can live with this one as well)

This is true, but it also falls down quickly thanks to your guns insane fire-rate. You need to be geared up for this, again, corrosive is your friend. So is a steady aim. 

->captures points instantly(Seriously?)

This is blatantly false. 

Target the enemy with a glowing red circle around them, they are the ones currently working on capturing a point. If you see your point glow with a red bubble, another enemy has an identical bubble around them. Target them and kill each and every one in succession, and the enemy will never capture the point no matter their numbers. 

->are faster than Tenno(Really? I thought we were Ninjas)

This is something I found strange as well. I can't really outrun the enemies when I boost around, and the laser ones manage to keep me tracked while I am moving around and dodging while at full speed. It's okay for the enemy to be fast, but make them at least 10% slower than Tenno so that you can actually outrun them. The only reason you can outrun them now is to hope one of your teammates somehow grab their attention. You can deal with insane numbers though, just kite infinitely. 

How exactly are we supposed to play that mission?

First you need to know how to dodge and kite while in the Archwing, pay attention to who can fire missiles and ensure they are always in front of you, that you aren't placed in the center of an enemy cluster. If you feel unsure, pop either repel or flares and fly away till the enemy chase you to group them all behind you, giving you a good look at your adversaries. Prioritize the targets with red bubbles around them.

Next you need to NOT DIE, and if someone dies resist the urge to revive him unless you can stun the entire group of enemies he was fighting with a single repel. The biggest reason for failure I've experienced is cocky teammates trying to rescue eachother getting downed as they try to do so. 

You can defend two points with a good aim and effective kiting, just target the red bubbles. 

Just ran it 3 times. First to test the water I solo'd to wave 1 (lots of energy restores). Second with a full squad and a friend got disconnected at the start of wave 2 so we left at the end of 2. Third run, one squad member had lost all revives and chose to leave at the end of wave 2 and the rest of us made it to the end of wave 4. Reward: T4 Def key incase anyone is interested.

Yeah, the enemy had a small percentage on the last run and we did well. BUT IMO there is no way that a coordinated/communicating team with completely maxed out health/shields/armor mods, 50+ energy restores, a couple revives, and maxed Archwing gear should be... -I can't think of a better word- almost required to play on Uranus difficulty. Not saying this difficulty shouldn't be in the game, it just shouldn't be on Uranus. 

Don't get me wrong, it was way fun. Its just in the wrong place. Although I want it, the other Archwing isn't worth it to me at the moment but I don't feel bad about it if that makes any sense.

Edited by 7.T.

Do you remember the electric roller-balls from seekers?

yeah...somehow it feels like they are back...in form of rocketshooting grineer in space...

as soon as they hit you once...either you are dead with the first hit (they killed 1.2k shield and 850 hp of my frost in zero-time), or you are stunlocked and then dead.

A mission where you need to avoid the enemy as best as you can...is simply a failure in design.

i thought my gun with maxed RoF, Damage, Electric and Fire was strong...

nope...not at all...100 shots to destroy one of them...not fun

hope its balanced with the next patch

Edited by LazerusKI

I don't imagine running like hell and spamming repel was how DE envisioned Tenno combating the Grineer in space, especially since they want us to power trip.

Yeah, it's broken unbalanced right now.  Corpus by comparison are laughable.

I don't mind their damage so much, it's actually half way managable.  The real problem is just how blazingly fast they move.  They WILL outrace you, forcing you to fight instead of adopting other strategies like hit and run.  There is no purpose for the tractor beam unit if the Grineer never need it to begin with.  It doesn't matter if I try and sprint + slide to fight back (perfect aim AND they'll keep up anyway) or if I just ADADADADAD while back pedaling.  Actually, scratch that, one semi effective maneuver has been to sprint for a good long time, then slide, about face, and shoot into the line of them.  Mind, between the weapon recoil and the turbulence from having built up all that speed, hitting anything is as much a crap shoot as getting hyperion thrusters.  Other problems: you run the risk of going out of bounds, and it sure as hell keeps YOU away from the cap points, but that isn't much of an issue for the Grineer - they can cross 1000m in four seconds.

Edited by Littleman88

You speak based on first impressions without actually delving into that mission... So:

Not true. I deal way more damage to single target with my gun and multiple targets through repel than they can do to me. Corrosive is your friend. 

This is true, but it also falls down quickly thanks to your guns insane fire-rate. You need to be geared up for this, again, corrosive is your friend. So is a steady aim. 

This is blatantly false. 

Target the enemy with a glowing red circle around them, they are the ones currently working on capturing a point. If you see your point glow with a red bubble, another enemy has an identical bubble around them. Target them and kill each and every one in succession, and the enemy will never capture the point no matter their numbers. 

This is something I found strange as well. I can't really outrun the enemies when I boost around, and the laser ones manage to keep me tracked while I am moving around and dodging while at full speed. It's okay for the enemy to be fast, but make them at least 10% slower than Tenno so that you can actually outrun them. The only reason you can outrun them now is to hope one of your teammates somehow grab their attention. You can deal with insane numbers though, just kite infinitely. 

First you need to know how to dodge and kite while in the Archwing, pay attention to who can fire missiles and ensure they are always in front of you, that you aren't placed in the center of an enemy cluster. If you feel unsure, pop either repel or flares and fly away till the enemy chase you to group them all behind you, giving you a good look at your adversaries. Prioritize the targets with red bubbles around them.

Next you need to NOT DIE, and if someone dies resist the urge to revive him unless you can stun the entire group of enemies he was fighting with a single repel. The biggest reason for failure I've experienced is cocky teammates trying to rescue eachother getting downed as they try to do so. 

You can defend two points with a good aim and effective kiting, just target the red bubbles. 

->Yes,I can do nice damage to one target while 5 Hellions chew through my 1390 shields,850 Health with about 400 armor Rhino Prime. Also I am not sure what you are using but I need about 150 bullets from my Arch-gun to take down a Hellion. Lets just leave OGMAs,dont even wanna talk about those. Lets face it,Warframe is about killing,it's not Tom & Jerry game. We cant do that in Uranus. Oh,also,I did the mission about 20 times and I managed to succeed only 3 times.

->The only enemies that fall quickly are the Dregs. Others dont fall easily since you are surrounded by 30 other dargyns,5 Hellions and 2 Ogmas. The only time that mission became easier was when 3 people in my squad had Corrosive Projection. That clearly should not be the case.

-> It seems you havent played in a squad. In a 4 player squad,enemies are actually faster than one member capping the point. Please dont say all should cap the point,because then we will lose another. So,others guard their respective points. Also,by the time we actually reach a point,its gone,thanks to the point being far apart in some maps.

-> I cant kite infinitely. I have limited stamina,while the enemies don't. Once in a while I have to stop sprinting/boosting and thats exactly when I get shredded by 5 Hellions and numerous Dargyns.

Edited by NN13

I was waiting for a thread like this to show up.

Hey there Im rank 17 and i solo Uranus -  Caelus intercept to wave 8 without fail.

there are 3 working strategies for the soloer and 4 for the team.

but first your builds!

These are the 8 mods i find that work from warframe to archwing and Make Saryn/Rhino/Frost the best candidates for Uranus -Caelus. Valkyrs low shield values are her down factor here despite high armour so i would not recommend using her here.

Redirection/Vitality/Fortitude(nightmare mod)/Fast deflection/Rush/Steel fiber/Flow/Vigor.

RUn a setup on your tank frame of choice using this setup/

Next

Starting with soloer strategies:

1. Run & capture - While it is true that enemies deal a lot of damage its not true that enemies are faster than the tenno. in fact the only time i cant get away is when a temporal dreg tractor beams me. If you dont have the gear for the combat or are not experienced enough with the "late game" of archwing yet use debris, Asteroid fields and high evasive maneuvers to break LoS or create enough distance between you and the enemies.

If you have a large hoarde follow you proceed to do dive -> turn around and fly upwards through the group chasing you while casting Repel only once. Energy management solo or in a team is ABSOLUTELY necessary as mindless spamming will get you killed or worse... out of energy.

Lastly Always Follow up with a slide behind cover if your stamina is running low. Standing still means dying.

2. Control and bait - the more advanced and trickier one to pull off. this would require DOMINATING the intercept points and then preventing them from capturing the nodes by only killing the capturing enemies while continually baiting the rest of the enemies in circles. One screw up though and they will nuke you. 

3. Capture rotation - After waves 4 the enemies start to give a crap about capturing turrets more than killing you though sometimes this can happen from wave 1. usually they will be in hoardes of 5 to 10 with atleast 2 ogma units nearby. proceed to capture as they capture from you. will take a little longer but will make the run fully do-able.

team strategies:

1. Divide and Conquer - Assign 2 tenno to capturing and the other 2 to baiting and killing(note that the kill squad tenno need to have maxed weaponry and a dual elemnt [Corrosive + blast] build on their weapons. Corrosive alone will also work. The bait tennos job should always be to find enemies and draw them away making these 2 the most mobile of the team. Capturers use the run and capture method from the soloers strategies and also bring the enemies to the baiters/killers. Done right you can make wave 8 without too much hassle.

2. As a team. This would require moving as a solid unit but runs the downside of drawing too much attention or too many spawns to one point though the capturing process would go very quickly.

3. 1-Capturer 3-Attackers. i dont think i need to explain further.

4. Run around and die.. Sorry but had to troll xD.. in any event this is what generally happens with random and unorganized pugs.

As a final note the 3rd ability on the odonata(missile volley) will be of little use so lean away from using it. Keep repel for large crowds or quick captures to knock enemies away and use the SHield when trying to charge passed enemies or a large group of mobs. 

Also its nice to have a mission that keep me on my toes at all times. Warframe in general has been way to easy on those playing it and its nice to find a mission in game that actually pushes you to get organized and tactical like one would assume from the looks of warframe and not just rofl pubstomp till your 40min+ in a T4S

Edited by Celestias

Spoiler: It's Ammo Drum.

Yeah, it is. I'm surprised it isn't Arch-based mods, tbh. That would really help and encourage me to play the game mode more, since the BIGGEST problem I'm running into is turning my Arch-Gun into something that doesn't make me feel like I'm chipping away slowly at tiny targets for five minutes at a time per target.

Rank 17 here

Oh, I bet you're just too used being Omnipotent Demigod, that is able to faceroll any mission with ease. I'm R17 too, so I know that feeling. Aaaaand Uranus Interception breaks that illusion. It's challenging and it really needs quick thinking to survive.

It had some weird bugs with enemy detection for clients. But bugs aside the difficulty is just right for high level mission.

I got all Elytron parts from this mission and I did most of the runs alone mainly because of the bugs, but also cuz it's hard to find good teammates. And you really need some consumables to feel comfortable. In solo runs I usually use one or two medium energy restores in the beginning of each round to start with full energy every time. And I think it's alright. The problem here lies with loot pickups — there's no time to look for floating blue orbs. Maybe loot pickup mechanics needs a revamp for space missions.

Now the bugs with enemy detection seems to be fixed, so you may try to go with full team. This way you don't need so many consumables, two-three Energy Syphons will do the trick. Just team up with with some friends or clanmates who know what to do.

Edited by AlienOvermind

Haha Nice Jab at the OP AlienOvermind. Though this is quite true that highly geared players seem to believe being able to do 40min+ of T4S is something to be trivial and a rollover. If Devs keep the archwing scaling the way it is then the new game mode will become a good measuring stick to help devs sort out the scaling issues with planet missions. 

Having to go to extreme lengths with gear designed to nuke a god to find a challenge is something that will be a problem till content arrives that can take it and dish out what we give it...

But thats a discussion for another post entirely

This mission can be easily finished with proper tactic.

Play solo. Take max tanked frame (rhino/valkyr/zephyr) with maxed shield/armor/health/regen mods. Start mission with using energy refills. Now go for capturing. Choose udefended towers. Try avoiding fight completly. When capturing listen to grineer engine sounds, when they come start strafing around tower and hit 4-repel whenever you get "conflict". If youll get swarmed leave this tower and go for another, youll racapture it later. Since you wont kill, no new enemies will spawn. You can fly close to asteroids. Some enemies will lock to them making mission easier. After getting 100% snipe enemies from a distance one by one. Before killing last enemy refill energy.

With this tactic I used 2energy and sometimes 1 health restore for 4 rounds.