Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Actually Use Steam To Update Game

Kiriander

I downloaded Warframe through Steam and found that the launcher updates the game nontheless.

Don't get me wrong, I don't ask for ditching the launcher. I ask for uploading new files on Steam too. So I can update through the launcher if Steam was too slow or, well, just through Steam.

Spiral Knights uses that system (they have a launcher too) and it works.

That and the fact that a launcher is much more easy to update from, why bother?

The difference would be that steam would update the game anytime as long as you got your PC and steam running, you wouldn't have to wait for surprise massive updates everytime you want to launch the game. It's a convenience thing, not a necessity.

Personally I'd prefer if we could link our WF and steam accounts and actually have some sort of steam auto-login rather than entering our credentials everytime we start the game, quite a few non-steamworks games do that as well. Again, convenience.

Edited by CapricaSix

The difference would be that steam would update the game anytime as long as you got your PC and steam running, you wouldn't have to wait for surprise massive updates everytime you want to launch the game. It's a convenience thing, not a necessity.

Personally I'd prefer if we could link our WF and steam accounts and actually have some sort of steam auto-login rather than entering our credentials everytime we start the game, quite a few non-steamworks games do that as well. Again, convenience.

Fair enough, i personally think it would be the opposite way, inconvenient, but we all have our opinions

Fair enough, i personally think it would be the opposite way, inconvenient, but we all have our opinions

What's so inconvenient about it exactly? That everyone would have to use steam in order to update their games? Then yes I agree, but I doubt anyone is asking for that. But rather letting steam users use steam's full potential, the options that are already available for many games that both let people update/login through normal means (launchers) and through steam if they wish to. I don't see any problems with that honestly.