Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All These Updates.

Veemaxt

I know I am going to get flamed by fans and whales and other Tenno with better internet connections than me, but I just have to voice something.

These updates/Hotfixes are getting ridiculous now!

First a 1000mb+ U15, followed the next day or so by a 318mb Hotfix, and following that a 187 mb Hotfix yesterday and today a 50mb Hotfix. 

Fantastic, nice that DE fix all the faults and bugs but this is so annoying as since U13 or so my updater is so slow. I am not the only one plagued with this and waiting hours for Hotfixes is just so anti climax ! 

Cant you just do a weekly Patchday where we know what's coming. So far, every day i want to play and spend ages updating. ! 

Frustrating.

Now start the flaming ...

I know that feel , even though I have a slow connection and I do suffer with slow updates and all of that pain , but at least u can play the game , For me it stopped working 2 patches ago , every time I started it Black screen nothing that's it , I tried to fix it and my last hope was to validate and guess what ... it's all GONE now I have to re download +5 G and that's gonna take a LONG time and I hope it works after that cuz if it doesn't I'm way gone till a new fix or something comes.

*throws in molotov*

U15, major patch, new tiles, new system, is wai is so big.

318mb patch should be 15.0.6, ninja new cosmetics for halloween, tons more fixes

187 should be 15.0.7, large fixes relating to tiles, meaning they're overwriting the old gigantic tile data

50mb for 15.0.8, more fixes, lots of data to overwrite...

Take your sacrifice, the few people who have to sit for 5hrs to patch 50mb worth of data, or the majority who are experiencing game-breaking bugs during play, most of which could possibly affect you as well if you play without the hotfixes. I think I'd rather patiently update than, say, get stuck in more art assets.

i know your pain. But U15 had some critical bugs in it that required imidiate fixing, and we cant leave a load of players being unable to play for a week, so that the few that do not have decent internet can play for longer before needing to download again. 

there is a diffrence being able to play later the same day, and not being able to play at all for reasons out of your control

They openly said there was going to be a stream of hotfixes to solve the multiple issues related to the U15... (Which is a 

I know I am going to get flamed by fans and whales and other Tenno with better internet connections than me, but I just have to voice something.

These updates/Hotfixes are getting ridiculous now!

First a 1000mb+ U15, followed the next day or so by a 318mb Hotfix, and following that a 187 mb Hotfix yesterday and today a 50mb Hotfix. 

Fantastic, nice that DE fix all the faults and bugs but this is so annoying as since U13 or so my updater is so slow. I am not the only one plagued with this and waiting hours for Hotfixes is just so anti climax ! 

Cant you just do a weekly Patchday where we know what's coming. So far, every day i want to play and spend ages updating. ! 

Frustrating.

Now start the flaming ...

No flaming here man but DE openly stated that after the main U15 event, which introduced radical changes to the game, we were supposed to get a constant amount of small patches to fix things...

The game is still in beta. (But really no software system, especially the ones large as this, stops to get upgrades and fixes anyway.) 

Now I understand your frustration, the performances I had before U15 suddenly dropped when we got the update and it was only around the .5 version that things returned almost as before. But from a programming point of view, doing the small patches works way better than doing the large ones. Because you can focus and tweak on a single portion of the code and then put it live, getting way better feedbacks than what you'd get from a close session beta server. Because it'll get the feedbacks from all the different machines people use. (Remember that unlike consoles, no PC is completely identical to another.)

Doing it this way, allows them to fix a problem, see how their fix affected every other part of the program and once the solution is deemed stable, then move to something new. A larger fix going live would mean that they'll had to search, amongst all the changes they made, for what was the cause of new problems. (The more the changes, the more to search amongst them...)

It's annoying, it can be frustrating, but know that this way is the best one to make sure we'll get the best version for everyone to be run.

Yo do realize that these are "Patches"

They overwrite existing code, not add additional lines.

I'm not sure a "Patch" cannot add additional lines of code you know?

At my university they defined "Patch" like what switched a software from a version to another. Never implied that lines of code should have stayed the same. 

Just to add to all this ..... the only Bugs that actually affect my game ,,, HAVEN'T  been fixed :)

I appreciate EVERYTHING that's being said. Yes, updates need to fix things, Patches, were still in Beta,, all those things ... but it doesn't make it any less frustrating when you have limited play time and spend it on updating :)

Edited by Veemaxt

You should lobby your government and telco services to rollout faster internet infrastructure in your country. If Slovenia, Slovakia and Estonia can afford to rollout a national fibre network at 100/40. I would think anyone can.

I consider warframe not so bad i can live with all the 300-600 mb patches. I still havent forgotten what Elder scrolls put me through in thier beta updates. And dont get me started on Warthunder.

Edited by CarrotSalad

I consider warframe not so bad i can live with all the 300-600 mb patches. I still havent forgotten what Elder scrolls put me through in thier beta updates. And dont get me started on Warthunder.

Quite the OT, but I wasn't even able to stomach the game after they gave up on the TES class-less style...

Lobby my government ?? LOL .. I am in Germany .. the land of the slaves and industrial opression. Tax tax and more tax and the latest coup .. a surcharge on highspeed interent, where as anyone above 16 mb broadband is considered highspreed, so the ISPs keep things artificially slow and cap off certain funktions ... whatever ... lobbyying my government wont happen :)

Anyway, despite full understanding of why this happens, I just wanted to moan about it :)

Come on, are there no others out there who feel they way I do ??  Stand up for yourselves and show some consolidation :)

Im only kidding. Of course I am fully aware of how and why. Telling me not to play a Beta game if I dont like it is a bit of a poor reply though. I love this game, been at it for ages and will continue to play. Surely its not a bad thing to clear the air if you have something niggling you is it ? I didnt demand anything, nor did I insult anyone :)

Im a nice guy really.

Edited by Veemaxt

snip

lol... xD Australia knows that feeling bro... $100 a month for up to 1/12 mb internet plan.

One of my best friends came to this game just before update 9. She quit a week later because of the size of the patches. She was on a 512/256 adsl connection that was being shared with 4other people. She liked the game but the update sizes pushed her to quit.