Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

120% Multishot?

MAL1WAN

Question

11 answers to this question

Depends on whether it's for Shotguns or Pistols.  For Shotguns, it gives you 120% more pellets.  For Pistols, there's a 100% chance that every pull of the trigger will shoot 2 bullets and a 20% chance that a pull of the trigger will shoot 3 bullets.  Rifle Multishot only goes up to 90%, but it works like the Pistol one.

Is it a 20% chance or a 1 in every 5 shots?  I've heard both explanations bandied around and have never been sure whether it's RNG or a constant recurring damage boost.  If RNG, it's baaaaasically another crit system then--with slightly different multipliers, right?

Is this for real?

So once your multishot mod hits 100%, every bullet shot is a double? So DPS goes up by 100%?

Includes elemental effects/stun chance twice too, as I hear.  There's a reason it's the rarest mod in the game.  Ludicrously damage-efficient.  Not sure if it's always slot-efficient, though...especially for rifles.

That makes... no sense at all. 1/5, 1/3, and 4/5 all show up in quick succession with no discernible reasons for them.

You are correct, the line that I quoted the gentleman stated :

"Is it a 20% chance or a 1 in every 5 shots?    I've heard both explanations bandied around"

Mine was for purpose of minor dry humor.

Think you misunderstood him. He was asking if the extra 20% is random chance, or occurs every 5 shots always.

Its 20% random chance. Hence why I don't go above 100% for single shot weapons like the Lex, it wont increase your constant damage/shot.

Basically treat it as a 20% chance to do 1.5x damage (basically a 20% chance to crit unaffected by crit damage mods).