Hey Guys, Help Me Decide, Fast Deflection Vs Streamline On Rhino

Abenoki

title says it all, I'm trying to decide between fast deflection and streamline on my rhino because i cant have both and be able to max out streamline aswell as my flow and continuity. If i swap out fast deflection for streamline and max it out along with max flow, stream, and cont, I'll have about 3 solid min of iron skin in me but default shield recharge rate. In your opinion is that better than having a maxed out fast deflect, flow, and cont with a solid 2min of iron skin? :3

Well, do you really need three minutes of Iron Skin?  Two minutes is pretty lengthy as it is

Then again, if you're permanently invincible, then it won't matter how fast or slow your shield recharges.  So probably go for that.

Thats the thing i was thinking is that is it really needed? :P im leaning toward fast def because i figure if i want to save my energy for the boss i can then just take cover instead of Iron Skining and conserve energy with the fact that my shields recharge so fast i wont need to IS all the time to let them charge

I play Rhino most of the time. I use Streamline, Flow and Continuity. No fast deflection. The last time I died was because I started a mission and went to the kitchen to make myself some tea. I find it more fun to be able to spam maxed Rhino Charge affected by continuity, than to have that extra recharge speed.

fast deflection without doubt. The faster you recharge shields, the less you will depend on your skill. And if you have a ton of shield, each time you use iron skin would be the difference between having half shield, or full shield. And overall, it's more versatile

I'd go for fast deflection just for all general usefulness it has during fights.

If your shield can recharge in the amount of time your invincibility lasts, then there's no need for fast deflection.

fast deflection without doubt. The faster you recharge shields, the less you will depend on your skill. And if you have a ton of shield, each time you use iron skin would be the difference between having half shield, or full shield. And overall, it's more versatile

im heading toward 1k shields which is why im thinking fast deflection :3

You all are forgetting that Rhino has more than one skill, and streamline will affect all of them. It's especially useful when it comes to the 3rd and 4th ability, cutting the cost of ulti by 23. That's a whole charge, or nearly an Iron Skin (with maxed streamline of course). Shields are near useless on higher levels, as Corpus or Grineer will cut through them and so will bosses like Kril or Ambulas. I have 860 shields and I wish I didn't invest so much into them, because there really is no need for that many shields on a Rhino. Please, for the love of all that is sacred don't do this to yourself and max flow and streamline instead. Believe me, being able to spam Rhino Charge and Blast is a lot more fun. 

title says it all, I'm trying to decide between fast deflection and streamline on my rhino because i cant have both and be able to max out streamline aswell as my flow and continuity. If i swap out fast deflection for streamline and max it out along with max flow, stream, and cont, I'll have about 3 solid min of iron skin in me but default shield recharge rate. In your opinion is that better than having a maxed out fast deflect, flow, and cont with a solid 2min of iron skin? :3

Simple enough... never put shield recharge on rhino.... maxed iron skin is enough to recharge all your shields maxed out. So if you have to choose between those, go for streamline.

If you have the mods and rhino supercharged, go for infi inmortality.... => flow, streamline, continuity and of course, energy siphon as artifact.

Ecotox, if you have flow, and energy siphon I see a lot more use on shield recharge.

In my case, i don't need flow on my Rhino. Sentinel with Guardian helps a ton a Rhino on that. First, thanks to having 90% shield recharge (42.75 shield for second) in the heat of the battle, against bosses or a lot of mobs, my shield holds on a lot on the heat of the battle. I go frenzy with melee, so I'm getting hit a lot. Whenever my shields runs out, my sentinel give me full shield again. The cycle repeats, cause even if hitted, im regerenating enough shields thanks to stunning/staggering my enemies.

And if for some reason, my sentinel gets destroyed and I get out of shield (almost never) I had a ton of time to get energy thanks to the energy siphon, so my inmortality it's based on long term use of shields, not on spamming skills. 

If you don't have a resilant sentinel, with a decent level on guardian, maybe yes, you could consider streamline, but so far the only warframe that I find useful streamline is ember (My frames at the moment: Ash, excalibur, rhino, mag,  and of course ember), so it could be more a personal dislike for streamline, or better said, that i find more useful others mods, and if I need energy, i tend to go with flow.

I am intrigued by the idea of having spammable skills on Rhino, but really then that one Ancient Disruptor...there goes all that "utility" and you're left with no shields and not getting them back any time soon. Granted you'll say that with all that energy it will probably never happen and I am thinking that may be a good argument, but still, the though comes to mind...

I am intrigued by the idea of having spammable skills on Rhino, but really then that one Ancient Disruptor...there goes all that "utility" and you're left with no shields and not getting them back any time soon. Granted you'll say that with all that energy it will probably never happen and I am thinking that may be a good argument, but still, the though comes to mind...

If you're getting hit your not recharging shields away. Shield recharge is one of those very situational things that doesn't come up as often as people give it credit for.

With a sentinel equipped with the mod it happens even less.

If you're getting hit your not recharging shields away. Shield recharge is one of those very situational things that doesn't come up as often as people give it credit for.

With a sentinel equipped with the mod it happens even less.

Yep, exactly that. Also should be noted that it only affects shield recharge rate, not the delay... so if you get a disruptor in the face becuase whatever the reason, and you didn't use iron skin.... well, that's that for your energy and your shields, and you are not getting them back sooner for having fast deflection. Also, in that case, it would be weird that there were no energy orbs lying around

Streamline all the way.

For mobility it allows you to spam Rhino Charge.  For defense it allows you to spam Iron Skin.  Even if disrupted, it allows you to get Iron Skin up faster (fewer orbs or less time waiting on Energy Siphon) and while Iron Skin is online your shields will probably recharge to full anyways.

Fast Deflection allows you to get back in the fight faster; a non-issue when you can cast Iron Skin, wade in and find an orb to keep spamming IS.