Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Limbo 3 Passive In The Rift

Tatersail

Remove limbo 3 and make it passive as part of limbo 1 and 4 skills.

Then perhaps add a skill that deals damage, or does something

eg. 3 Could mark a target for x seconds and and damage dealt to that target is applied to everything currently in the rift.

Currently Limbo is one of the weakest frames, and does nothing, no damage, no control, its just a push 4 then 3 for added damage or, push 2 to go immune and pick things off one by one.

On a frame with such low shields and health, you need the frame to "Do something"

Consider the last frame you gave such low stats, has one of the most damaging powers in the game, Antimatter drop, along with the ability to make increase or decrease the speed of everything around and have them take double damage

Why be so afraid to give limbo some damage?

Even 600% damage in the void would not be overpowered because of the sticky mechanics required to get a target into the void, and the issues with other players.  The frame only has 1 real skill, and buttons to support this skill.

Limbo is a single target killer. Sure he does no damage but he's all utility. Loki does no damage but he has great utility. Limbo is a protector not a rhino.

And that's why he sucks. Warframe is a "horde" type game, single target abilities are just not worth it, because there is never a high priority target except for bosses, on which most abilities don't work anyway.  

You could argue stuff like Heavy Gunners are high value targets, but in reality, there's never just 1 that needs taking down to make single target abilities shine, stuff like Chaos or Disarm that affects everyone will always be better.

And that's why he sucks. Warframe is a "horde" type game, single target abilities are just not worth it, because there is never a high priority target except for bosses, on which most abilities don't work anyway.  

You could argue stuff like Heavy Gunners are high value targets, but in reality, there's never just 1 that needs taking down to make single target abilities shine, stuff like Chaos or Disarm that affects everyone will always be better.

^ ^ ^ This.

High profile targets:

Eximus targets

Energy drain targets

Heavy Gunners

Missile Bombadiers

Those fire bombadiers

Many ancient infested agents

The ability can also be used as a small nuke that rips the health of level 30 +/- enemies with each cast, if modded well.

Also using catacylsm around a boss allows you to utilize 3 to deal much more damage and practically handicap the poor boss. (unless it's someone with a "weak spot")

Making 3 a passive and/or buffing the ever living crap out of it won't add much to the frame at all. He has low health and shields (far too low shields however) which you trade for being able to be invulnerable 90% of the time if you choose to be, able to deal much more damage to people inside your affected ability field, and can regenerate energy while in said field.

Buffing him to be on par with other tanky warframes is a silly idea. His mechanics allow you to assassinate enemies easily (natural talent + 1 + many enemies, and then mow them down using 3 and a nice melee weapon or gun) and also have some unique crowd control ideas that are experimental. 

Limbo is a single target killer. Sure he does no damage but he's all utility. Loki does no damage but he has great utility. Limbo is a protector not a rhino.

He's a mathematician with a very unique eraser, not a walking hunk of Armageddon.

Also a quote from another thread on here:

His way of doing things seems to be a bit slower than the rest, due to not having super-mega-slash-explosion-omg-i-cleared-this-room-with-one-move skill. I am ok with this though because of the tactical trade-off. In short he has options. 

Edited by Pandolu

High profile targets:

Eximus targets

Energy drain targets

Heavy Gunners

Missile Bombadiers

Those fire bombadiers

Many ancient infested agents

The ability can also be used as a small nuke that rips the health of level 30 +/- enemies with each cast, if modded well.

Also using catacylsm around a boss allows you to utilize 3 to deal much more damage and practically handicap the poor boss. (unless it's someone with a "weak spot")

Making 3 a passive and/or buffing the ever living crap out of it won't add much to the frame at all. He has low health and shields (far too low shields however) which you trade for being able to be invulnerable 90% of the time if you choose to be, able to deal much more damage to people inside your affected ability field, and can regenerate energy while in said field.

Buffing him to be on par with other tanky warframes is a silly idea. His mechanics allow you to assassinate enemies easily (natural talent + 1 + many enemies, and then mow them down using 3 and a nice melee weapon or gun) and also have some unique crowd control ideas that are experimental. 

He's a mathematician with a very unique eraser, not a walking hunk of Armageddon.

I must suck because often when I pull just one high-level eximus into the void with me it kicks my @$$ and leaves me dead in my own void. Even if I do manage to take out one or two eximus or heavies, my Limbo still can barely handle the rest of the large swarm of enemies left over. I need to be revived by my g/f pretty often when playing Limbo.

Edited by s7n7a7k7e

I must suck because often when I pull just one high-level eximus into the void with me it kicks my @$$ and leaves me dead in my own void. Even if I do manage to take out one or two eximus or heavies, my Limbo still can barely handle the rest of the large swarm of enemies left over. I need to be revived by my g/f pretty often when playing Limbo.

Ordinarily, you could follow this method:

Step 1. Press 2 to enter rift.

Step 2. Press 1 to send heavy gunner into rift.

Step 3. Fire at gunner until he is no longer in any plane of existence.

Step 4. Win.

Alternate Step 4: Gunner wins. He/she did more DPS than you did.

You could also do this:

Step 1. Enter rift.

Step 2. Prepare for the enemy you are about to put into rift. When you use Banish on an enemy, they are knocked down and get back up, but are idle for about ~4 seconds when they're in that process.

Step 2 - 1: Press 3 whilst you're alone in the rift to gain extra damage.

Step 3. Banish chosen enemy into the rift. Attack them while they're down (and you've got the extra damages), use headshots, finisher moves, channeling, anything you can do to make sure he doesn't leave alive.

Step 4. If the enemy still doesn't die, and they're about to whoop your @$$, simply put them back out of the rift. Reload, let your shields recharge, if you have the energy to spare (and you're playing solo) banish some other people and pick them off. Just because you press 1 on a heavy gunner doesn't mean he has to stay in the rift for 100% of the cast. :D

Step 5. Try again. Put chosen enemy in the rift. (be sure to back off as they may do a melee attack; for some reason you can't knock down enemies that are doing melee/special attacks.) Attack them while they're stunned for that short 4sec period.

Step 6. Win all of your fights 1v1.

He's a good frame to play, but has a steep learning curve on using him super effectively and well. He's not someone like Rhino who presses 1 and expects stuff to get done. Limbo has some unique gameplay aspects that make him a viable assassinator/support class/defensive class. Instead of trying to Out DPS enemies, Limbo likes to make them play in his rift, where he has the advantage.

Edited by Pandolu

ok, so what can limbo do to a single target?

Knockdown and 500 damage before resists?

Thats it!

so you get your level 200 commando, and you knock him down, push 3 for bonus damage, now its you and your 550 shields fully modded vs this commando

almost ANY other frame is better single target, Loki can Disarm this target, Go invisible and RAPE HIM.

The issue is even as a single target frame Limbo offers nothing.

take a less extreme example level 30 Bombard, and your leveling your Amprex its rank 4... again almost every other frame has a better chance against this single bombard.

sure you can just mash 1 on him... but so can nekros

Limbo has no options, this is the problem.

Honestly, Limbo is crap as he is, and the one upside of his skills is going to be patched out once people realise its usefulness.
He requires vast amounts of energy to accomplish what other frames can do with their FIRST skill. Banish needs heavy DoT so that you can throw a heavy out and ignore it, and to not force your other skill usage to be any use. Rift surge is one of the most pointless skills I've seen, when it requires you to use a MINIMUM of two other skills first, cataclysm is like a snow globe without being able to shoot out and without the slow. Making rift surge passive is barely sticking a bandaid on the gaping wound of his inadequacy.

Edited by SolarDwagon