Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Real Revolver... .500 Snw

Netheroc

Slow fire rate, insane damage per shot, 5 round magazine. Vasto is ok, but it feels meh. The only strong feeling single-action secondary is the Lex, and thats more of a Desert Eagle design (And by "feeling" i mean how well the game creates the feeling of firing a very hard hitting weapon, recoil, sound etc). Before you say "nooo no revolver in muh space ninja game" or something like that.... We have a pirate that can dissolve into a puddle. We have so many precision primaries, its time for some secondaries aswell.

Edited by Netheroc

Slow fire rate, insane damage per shot, 5 round magazine. Vasto is ok, but it feels meh. The only strong feeling singleshot secondary is the Lex, and thats more of a Desert Eagle design (And by "feeling" i mean how well the game creates the feeling of firing a very hard hitting weapon, recoil, sound etc). Before you say "nooo no revolver in muh space ninja game" or something like that.... We have a pirate that can dissolve into a puddle. We have so many precision primaries, its time for some secondaries aswell.

Vasto has a 6 round magazine (i.e.: Your typical larger, more shiny revolver). And I say it is quite strong as a Rank 0 revolver with higher fire rate and lower recoil. 

I gotta say, for revolvers, I think we're pretty good for now. I was ranking the Ak/Vasto recently and I must say that I felt like Clint Eastwood while doing it. 

Also, If you've ever seen a Western, you will know that revolvers aren't really the precision side arm you're looking for. Sure they're precise, but they are meant to be fast and lethal, and the Vasto fills that role very nicely. 

I gotta say, for revolvers, I think we're pretty good for now. I was ranking the Ak/Vasto recently and I must say that I felt like Clint Eastwood while doing it. 

Also, If you've ever seen a Western, you will know that revolvers aren't really the precision side arm you're looking for. Sure they're precise, but they are meant to be fast and lethal, and the Vasto fills that role very nicely. 

Everyone says the same thing: Warframe =/= real life. In many other shooting games, Revolvers are used as single shot, precision weapons. Sometimes even with scopes. One example would be Payday2.

Everyone says the same thing: Warframe =/= real life. In many other shooting games, Revolvers are used as single shot, precision weapons. Sometimes even with scopes. One example would be Payday2.

Well, we could say the opposite with Borderlands 2: Revolvers are rather inaccurate (with its rather high recoil and sway), but they hit hard (and really hard at times too). 

I fail to see your point. I was saying that Vastos (and to a lesser degree Magnuses) fill the role an actual IRL revolver would, not serve as a precision side arm like you are asking for. 

They are accurate sure, but they've got a ton of recoil and a fast firerate. You use them to unload on someone at close range, not from half way across the map.

I think what you're looking for is a "sniper pistol" like the Lex or Marelok. We've only got a few of them, but I don't think that's really an issue. 

Marelok is functionally what you're looking for.

Also, I think you mean single-action, not single-shot.

Thanks for pointing that out, but Marelok comes from Mares leg, which is a sawn off Winchester. A revolver functions very differently.

Edited by Netheroc

I fail to see your point. I was saying that Vastos (and to a lesser degree Magnuses) fill the role an actual IRL revolver would, not serve as a precision side arm like you are asking for. 

They are accurate sure, but they've got a ton of recoil and a fast firerate. You use them to unload on someone at close range, not from half way across the map.

I think what you're looking for is a "sniper pistol" like the Lex or Marelok. We've only got a few of them, but I don't think that's really an issue. 

I dont request to change Vasto, I request a new sniper pistol, as you put it, in the form of a revolver.

Come on guys we all know Lato Prime is the best :)

"We all" you mean you ~5% who own it? No i dont know its the best, as you can probably tell. Please dont post such comments, it can be taken as bragging and "haha i have it and you not"-type of behaviour.

I dont request to change Vasto, I request a new sniper pistol, as you put it, in the form of a revolver.

We could have a revolver that is scoped, and has one (or two) bullets with a very, very high recoil, but is pretty accurate per shot, and anyone at the crosshairs will feel the pain. 

Why not go cowboy, and join us lever action wielding psychos with our Mareloks... its better than a revolver.

Yeah right, and burn out of boredom while using that thing. No thank you. I dont care if it does top damage, i want my weapon to feel good and fun to use. Thats why i formad Acrid, Castanas, Ballistica, Pyrana and Flux rifle, just to give you a few examples.

Thanks for pointing that out, but Marelok comes from Mares leg, which is a sawn off Winchester. A revolver functions very differently.

You misunderstood. By "functionally the same" I meant in-game. There is no difference between a mare's leg and a revolver in-game other than aesthetics.