Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Melee Channeling Effect Back To Dull Colors

Casardis

When U13 hit, melee channeling glow was very intense and saturated, which made it look quite impressive to activate and to keep. Here's an example of what it looked like at first.

Look at the energy surge! The glow! The bloom!

XyctzZZ.jpg

However, a few patches later, especially during U14, the channeling effect became dull. The glow wasn't as bright, and the colors looked washed out. Many people in the forums complained about that, and a member of DE even replied saying that it was, indeed, an issue on their side and that they would fix it.

And they did fix it! The problem is that the fix didn't seem to have lasted very long because, since U15 and even a bit before I believe, it's back to the dull colors.

Saryn with a bad glow-in-the-dark paintjob.

5EsRobg.jpg

Is it possible to fix this again? Whether it's a priority or not, the fix is already prepared and available anyway. It just needs to be placed again, right?

Edited by Casardis

And what about the still missing particle effects when you are not hosting? Im asking for that since channeling is in the game and till now it still isn't fixed. Would love to get these when im not hosting too since it looks awesome.

Sent this to our FX guru and he mentioned he's been testing a few things yesterday to address this request.

Thanks for the confirmation! Much appreciated.

And what about the still missing particle effects when you are not hosting? Im asking for that since channeling is in the game and till now it still isn't fixed. Would love to get these when im not hosting too since it looks awesome.

If you're concerned about that, a new topic on it (or bumping one addressing this issue) should be done. There's not too much use doing it here I think, since it might not get the attention it deserves (as the topic's main concern has been confirmed for testing).

When U13 hit, melee channeling glow was very intense and saturated, which made it look quite impressive to activate and to keep. Here's an example of what it looked like at first.

Look at the energy surge! The glow! The bloom!

XyctzZZ.jpg

However, a few patches later, especially during U14, the channeling effect became dull. The glow wasn't as bright, and the colors looked washed out. Many people in the forums complained about that, and a member of DE even replied saying that it was, indeed, an issue on their side and that they would fix it.

And they did fix it! The problem is that the fix didn't seem to have lasted very long because, since U15 and even a bit before I believe, it's back to the dull colors.

Saryn with a bad glow-in-the-dark paintjob.

5EsRobg.jpg

Is it possible to fix this again? Whether it's a priority or not, the fix is already prepared and available anyway. It just needs to be placed again, right?

They're baack.........

Changes

They're baack.........

I haven't noticed almost any different with Zephyr's? Or maybe its because she barely has any energy-channeling lines, and her top piece doesn't light up/in the way from the rest...man that's underwhelming :/   I was really excited to see Zephyr look super bright again~

EDIT: I noticed when you use your 1st and 2nd skill, you can really see her glow now! I just wonder why its only for that one second of those two abilities and not with channeling via melee weapons. But still, I wish she would like more like that like my Sayrn does~

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

i dont even see like any glow....ya know...prob like a line or 2

EDIT: I noticed when you use your 1st and 2nd skill, you can really see her glow now! I just wonder why its only for that one second of those two abilities and not with channeling via melee weapons. But still, I wish she would like more like that like my Sayrn does~

Not all Warframe have lots of glow, especially their default skin. It's usually the immortal ones that do, as you see on Saryn.

Also, the new glow really makes her golden now. XD I personally would prefer if it was like before (actually matching the energy color), but it's better than the dull colors. I'm still thinking of messaging Draice to give feedback on that, since I'm personally not totally satisfied (if I wanted yellow, I'd pick yellow, not get it by picking orange).

cOfmQZU.jpg

What color is that on saryn... that yellow is GOLD ???

http://i.imgur.com/5EsRobg.jpg

It's this one.

JRXyHI8.jpg

Edited by Casardis

Also, the new glow really makes her golden now. XD I personally would prefer if it was like before (actually matching the energy color), but it's better than the dull colors. I'm still thinking of messaging Draice to give feedback on that, since I'm personally not totally satisfied (if I wanted yellow, I'd pick yellow, not get it by picking orange).

Wait, so the colours for Channelling effects are actually not matched to what you select? It isn't simply colour blindness on my part? Drek...honestly not sure how to feel on that. On the one hand, I'm relieved it's actually not just my inability to tell...on the other, it's disheartening cause it means I can't get it right at all...

Oh well. At least my frame colour schemes look as I want them to most of the time. Things will come along in time.

The channeling glow doesn't seem to be anything but alpha/texture related, so I doubt it has to do with Nvidia, which is usually about physics and such (like the small floaty and swirly particle effects).

Looking into this right now, definitely some mismatch going on there.

Edit: Fixed!

Tested and confirmed. Thank you Vaen!

Edited by Casardis

• 2 weeks later...

bumping because I love the original Channeling when it was shipped out from the start.

I would like the option to return to that, it really drive home that a Tenno is about to unleash the fury on any surrounding targets.

The weapons trails are nice... but both warframe and Archwings need more glowlybits