Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyperion Trusters -> Droprate Discussion.

Nama_Sui_Seijin

Hello there all.

I noticed that farming the hyperion trusters are quite an ordeal. The locust drones barely seem to drop any mod over time. And I almost feel the need to quit the game directly after 30 minutes on one game.

So my suggestion to DE. Please bring the droprate of Hyperion trusters more up after a few hotfixes. Because killing these locust drones all the time and not getting what i need. Really started to frustrate me.

How do you guys think about the droprate of the hyperion thrusters? Do you think its normal compared to farming the bite mod for kubrow? I think it should be upped on the locust drones.

Please let me hear what you think of this.

Greetings Suifuto

Edited by Suifuto

saddy, it seems pressing f6 wont take the screen shot of the score board at the end of the mission

i did one run, killed about 900+ of them and just gave up afterwards, was quiet disapointed i did not get one, but then again i got quiet a few Rubedo Linned Barrels to share with some of my clan members

Hyperion thrusters is actually one of the easiest rare archwing mods to farm for me. A carrier can spawn infinitely many locusts, so if you can isolate say 2-3 carriers in a room and just let them spawn locusts while being careful of not killing the carriers, you can sit there on shield and just wait.

Cheap way to exploit locusts but heh.

The rare mods that drop from actual enemies are Bite-level difficult to farm.

Edited by dadaddadada

My idea exactly Trieauzn0. I farmed quite a while. Even 2 Carriers where spawning the drones.. still nothing.

It takes the fun out of the game to farm that long if you ask me, even farming the bite for kubrow was more fun.

Also It would be more of a challenge to have a big boss dropping it, instead of these little buggers.

Thank you for your opinion on this trieuazn0

Hyperion thrusters is actually one of the easiest rare archwing mods to farm for me. A carrier can spawn infinitely many locusts, so if you can isolate say 2-3 carriers in a room and just let them spawn locusts while being careful of not killing the carriers, you can sit there on shield and just wait.

Cheap way to exploit locusts but heh.

The rare mods that drop from actual enemies are Bite-level difficult to farm.

Yes indeed. Bite-level difficulty, same as I thought. thank you

Edited by Suifuto

Wait wait wait wait...

The locust drones barely seem to drop any mod over time.

Seriously? I don't think I can agree with that...

gt8WnTw.jpg

Cause yeah, I tend to get plenty of mods...

Also I recommend farming with friends, you'd be surprised what you can manage with some company:

HVtBYQr.jpg

1iWBYq2.jpg

hOy2iB9.jpg

Edited by Acaelus

Got mine solo after 1400 kills.  The boredom was real.

if you can isolate say 2-3 carriers in a room and just let them spawn locusts while being careful of not killing the carriers, you can sit there on shield and just wait.

Protip: Use Repel on the Carriers to stop them from shooting so you can sit there and do nothing but aim at drones.

Wait wait wait wait...

Seriously? I don't think I can agree with that...

gt8WnTw.jpg

Cause yeah, I tend to get plenty of mods...

Also I recommend farming with friends, you'd be surprised what you can manage with some company:

HVtBYQr.jpg

1iWBYq2.jpg

hOy2iB9.jpg

Tiny question, how long did it take to farm 1.5k mobs?

Tiny question, how long did it take to farm 1.5k mobs?

Hmm, solo? About an hour or two.

With a friend? About an hour and a half.

It was about 2 and a half hours for 3k kills. Locust drones spawn around once every two seconds if you're doing it right.

Edit: Those times might be a bit off by the way, time stalls when you're bored.

Edited by Acaelus

Everything about this mod is a pain in the &#!, pain in the &#! to hunt, pain in the &#! to level, and a pain in the &#! to try and find a slot for in your build (The freaking thing at max rank takes up a whopping 20 mod slots!) I haven't leveled mine yet... what I'm wondering if it is even worth it at max rank, 27% more speed doesn't seem like much.

Everything about this mod is a pain in the @$$, pain in the @$$ to hunt, pain in the @$$ to level, and a pain in the @$$ to try and find a slot for in your build (The freaking thing at max rank takes up a whopping 20 mod slots!) I haven't leveled mine yet... what I'm wondering if it is even worth it at max rank, 27% more speed doesn't seem like much.

And Interception isn't even that hard anyways. Just let that one tower that's 2km away from the others die. You can easily win with 3 towers.

Killed with a friend more than 7000 locusts before dropping one, into 5 different "sessions". Longest was about 2000+ mobs before giving up

i did one run

killed about 900+

Is that supposed to look like a lot? Peasant!

Some of you kids should have played Lineage back in the days ^^. That was real farming, this mod drop rate is almost cute in comparison ^^

Seriously though, i highly suggest to bring a friend to chat with because it can get pretty boring. Besides that, a second player can be helpfull as one can be the "tank" taking the aggro and the other can shoot th locusts from a different angle without hurting the carriers.

Also, move every 5-10 minutes to gather affinity orbs, at least you level up if you need it.

And most of all, the game casually spawns carriers. My biggest advice is to keep restarting the sabotage mission UNLESS you can put at least 3 carriers into one room. 4 or more would be better but don't lose your mind for less than 3. They don't need to be in the same room from the start, what's important is for them to be as close as possible, so that you can lure all of them into the same spot. It looks trivial but it will really improve your chances.

And finally be prepared to kill 3000 in a row without seeing it.

To further add to this, i.e., during the 5th and final session we dropped it at 200 locusts. Rng likes to give and take

Edited by Ivelor