Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Needing Clarification

(PSN)KenLaw83

I’d like to preface this by saying that I usually keep myself in the loop as to what is taking place during the time of updates, but I haven’t really been paying close attention as of late. I also apologize in advance if this information can be found elsewhere, and if so, please link me to the discussion.

I’ve recently read through the update notes for U15 for pc and am aware that with the new update came the removal of two slots, and the permanent addition of all four abilities being unlocked for a warframe leveled passed a certain point. I also know that ability cards were removed, and that ability cards that were leveled pre-U15 were “transformed,” if you will, into fully leveled abilities, seeing that you can now only level up abilities through usage. My question is for those who have experience forma-ing a warframe post-U15. After forma-ing the warframe, do you have to re-level each ability or will they remain fully leveled? If the former, I would definitely prefer to finish my forma-ing before U15 comes to consoles due to the fact that re-leveling a warframe isn’t what I consider “fun,” however, I’m not overly concerned with how this is handled. 

P.S.    Sorry if my question seems overly confusing.

There seems to be some changes that went through between what we were told and the actual end result of what we got, so a quick run-down:

- ALL warframe mods were turned into fusion cores. It seems the rate was quite generous too (personally I got about 3,000 of them split between common, uncommon and rare at about a 4:2:1 ratio respectively).

- All warframe abilities are now merged into the frame, so nothing changed there.

- All warframe abilities are now unlocked and leveled up as the frame levels up. All abilities are unlocked by level 10 and maxed at level 30.

- If you forma, the abilities reset as they're directly linked to warframe level now.

- You don't "level" abilities per-say, so you don't have to do anything new to level your abilities, even if you don't use e.g. slash dash on excalibur it'll be maxed by rank 30 if you forma the frame.

- You don't "level" abilities per-say, so you don't have to do anything new to level your abilities, even if you don't use e.g. slash dash on excalibur it'll be maxed by rank 30 if you forma the frame.

I'm glad someone answered this. I was curious about the "ability leveling" after a forma.

Thanks for the info!