Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Player Needing Help.

GunCleric

Question

Hi all,

First post here. Let's see, I got captured by alad v and can't for the life of me finish the recovery mission. Quite embarrassing, I know. I've been stuck on it for a day and a half, minus work/sleep/girl time. I've seen multiple people/warframes do it on youtube, with ease even. I have noticed that most are lvl 30, where as I'm lvl 14, not sure if the mobs scale down or not.

Obviously I'd like any info/help I can get. I'm a lvl 14 Nekros, I've gotten to my primary and that's it. It takes about half a clip(At most) to down a regular mob and just about a whole clip to down the flying ones, and that's to the head. I guess what I'm really wondering is, if I should, after getting my primary back. Play it slow, killing everything I can, trying to get to my powers and so on. Or should I run and gun, grabbing my stash and bouncing to the next. Mind you I've been trying both ways and basically get 2-3 shotted by any mob. So there's alot of running and hiding on my part as is.

Thanks in advance folks.

11 answers to this question

do some survival mission to get mods and lvl up...

and get rhino ash or loki for start... the very easy and good for solo or multiplayer game ..

also get new weapon to rank up so you can get new strong weapon

[Warframe Builder] - and use that site to learn how to mod and weapon its good

keep playing tenno :D

Edited by dandin3

Run. Get your gear and then decide if you can take on whatever is left. If you need to knock something down a flying kick (run, jump, then slide while in the air) will do the job. If there's a group, you can jump over them fairly easily.

Good luck

He knows what he's doing. Sprint like hell, jump-kick anything in your way in the face, try and hide from cameras so the laser barriers will go down. As long as you don't meet a Tech or get knocked down, it should be a breeze (though Nekros has bad stats - change back to your other warframe if you still own it for the purposes of the mission).

and get rhino ash or loki for start... the very easy and good for solo or multiplayer game ..

Clearly you have no idea what the Escape mission entails.

He knows what he's doing. Sprint like hell, jump-kick anything in your way in the face, try and hide from cameras so the laser barriers will go down. As long as you don't meet a Tech or get knocked down, it should be a breeze (though Nekros has bad stats - change back to your other warframe if you still own it for the purposes of the mission).

Clearly you have no idea what the Escape mission entails.

OP didn't indicate if they were new or not. I figured I'd offer basic advice just in case. No offence was meant. 

Do not down the flying mobs :) 

They will commit suicide if you wing them even a little, unless they are the shield healers which do not shoot at the player best I can tell.  Hit them lightly and try to get them to smash into an obstacle when they dive bomb at you.   

How you play depends on what sort of map you get -- I am not sure, having only done it a time or two, whether its always the same map with the same locations for gear and the same mob placement or if it is randomized tiles like other stuff.   ???    

Hugging a door and duck behind it, pick one off, repeat works.  Its aggravating to have to do that, but it works.   Melee wall, jump, slide etc attacks are brutally OP and even a weak weapon can do tremendous damage when you use those attacks.   Sneaking works if you can.   

I dunno the times I did it, there were only like 1-2 mobs in the rooms before I found at least one weapon, and with a weapon, I was able to slowly progress from there.   But if you got captured with weak weapons and all, you could be in trouble.  If you fail and can re-config your weapons on the ship, do so.  Try to set them up for magnetic or cold damage to cut down the shields easier.    And again, do not waste ammo on the osprey any more than you must.   

Are your frame base mods too weak?  Shield and health mods?   That might be an issue.... if you have any cores on the ship try to upgrade those if they are very low. 

Are your frame base mods too weak?  Shield and health mods?   That might be an issue.... if you have any cores on the ship try to upgrade those if they are very low. 

Sounds like you need to try tinkering with your mods.  Try fusing your damage, health and shield mods if you have any.

it's an escape mission, there is nothing else available, no Liset, no modding, no Aresenal swapping, nothing until you escape.

OP you got it rough, Nekros is squishy as hell at the best of times. you're gonna have to do like a few others have said above and run like F***. run a section and find a safe spot to recoup sheilds, that's all you can do. don't attack anything but cameras, jump and coptor over and around the tileset, don't touch the ground. it's gonna be hard but you're locked until you get out so you're gonna have to just keep trying.

Edited by d1sc1p1e

OP didn't indicate if they were new or not. I figured I'd offer basic advice just in case. No offence was meant. 

I was talking to dandin3 when I said "clearly you don't know what Escape entails" because they said to do Survival missions, when if you're captured by Zanuka Hunter you can't do any mission but the Escape one - which the OP can't complete. Sorry, should have clarified it.

What I meant to say was that you were entirely correct in the strategy for the Escape - running and avoiding damage.

Edited by Blackout751