Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Language Decoded

DE_Adam

It's been a long road breaking down the secrets of the Tennobet, and we're delighted to say those working to unravel the Tenno written language came amazingly close.  The progress made deciphering over such a short period of time is remarkable.  But as more and more of our incredibly artistic community members begin to lean on theoretical primers for personal work it only feels right to share the true breakdown of this once-secret script with you all.

To everyone who participated in uncovering the Tennobet, well done.  You guys are awesome.

-DE_Adam

Just glancing at the numbers, something feels a bit off. 

Seeing as how the symbols repeat in a sense for 6-9 (as 1~4 but with a hyphen tacked below), would the number 10 be the same as number 5 but with a hyphen added on? Or is it just a 1 and a 0 (assuming that the numeric system functions identically to the decimal system).

Wait, I don't quite understand--there's many different pictures, each described as being "someone's efforts"... is there an official one on that link, and if so, which one is it?

EDIT: This is particularly confusing because the various images do not agree with eachother on certain parts.

Edited by Llyssa

Please play Dark sector. (you'll see the resemblance.... You may even see nyx ;)

I've played Dark Sector. Decent game. Terrible controls though. 

Wished the Jackal was a ride on Warframe , it'd be so glorious.

Edited by Neah

Is the first picture of symbols the official release of the actual alphabet (tennobet, whatever) and the numbers?
If so, I think there's a mistake in the first line of the first picture of examples.

Based on the first set of symbols, it seems to say "you are the hope aMd future of the Tenno".

Based on the explanatory descriptions of the sympons, it reads out as ".eeooh awr dhuhh, hopa amd feeoochoor, awf dhuhh tehno."

I haven't gotten any further yet. This is going to be a $#*(@ to learn :D

Edited by BenzinNinJa

language?

all i see is

barbed%20wire.jpg

and people who write in anything other then english see what you're typing as "nfjk lsnb ujflnsdkvg l;fcnzkvln cdjslkfsn gbvsfd" .

my point being its not what it looks like it's what it means.

It's not a new language, it's still English, but written with Tennobet.

Technically it's not a language, it's a syllabary. It's a set of written symbols which represent consonant/vowel sounds and syllables. You can technically write in any language with it (unless the language does not use consonants/vowels/syllables).

If I wanted to, I could write in Spanish using the Tennobet. Or Japanese.

Technically it's not a language, it's a syllabary. It's a set of written symbols which represent consonant/vowel sounds and syllables. You can technically write in any language with it (unless the language does not use consonants/vowels/syllables).

If I wanted to, I could write in Spanish using the Tennobet. Or Japanese.

Does this mean the Tenno could have multiple - shall we say - languages within the one culture?