Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Language Decoded

DE_Adam

Does this mean the Tenno could have multiple - shall we say - languages within the one culture?

you would imadgine so if they expand across an entire solar system, if different languages propped up in different countries on earth, why not on different planets and sectors in the solar system?

you would imadgine so if they expand across an entire solar system, if different languages propped up in different countries on earth, why not on different planets and sectors in the solar system?

Well, Earth is starting to gravitate somewhat towards English. It makes sense that in the future they'd speak a single language.

Does this mean the Tenno could have multiple - shall we say - languages within the one culture?

The possibility is there. A lot of the letters in the English alphabet carry over in form and sound to other languages (specifically latin & germanic based), and some other languages use the English/Latin/Roman alphabet to make it easier for western cultures to interpret (i.e. Japanese Romanji). This script is no different than an alphabet/syllabary, meaning it can be taken and used to write in virtually any conventional (syllables/consonants/vowels) language.

So... Excalibur IS Hayden Tenno. Or based off him at least.

30wq9ed.jpg     zujiwn.png

I know its been mentioned before, but its good to have an official confirmation

Ugh... Lore entry on Excalibro Prime says Excalibro was the first. Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno. This was already confirmed... like forever ago.

When I tried to translate the signs on boobens gambit helmet, only garbage came out of it

F2zmEbl.png?1

If I got it right, the first sign on the top is a vowel and equals ow as in "now, bough, doubt"

The second sign is also a vowel and equals eh as in "pet"

The little circles is also a vowel and equals o as in "woe, whoa, low, no" and the very last sign is the number 6

So either I misunderstood this whole thing or the helmet sort of says "oweho 6" ._. lol

I may not have contributed much but I'm proud to have had any part! Of course the people who deciphered the text to near perfection deserve a massive thank you, I think a lot of people would never have thought this would have been a written language if we haven't seen the threads about it!

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

Welp, now I'm going to be spending the next weeks trying to learn and master this elegant script, thanks to those who contributed in deciphering!

(Edit: It appears for the word evolution  you used "M" at the end instead of "N" spelling Evolutiom... just something I noticed)

Edited by Sol7kjr

So does this mean that Dark Sector is confirmed as canon?

I seem to notice this common misunderstanding of "canon".

Canon (n.) "the works of a particular author or artist that are recognized as genuine."

Dark Sector is a part of the canon because it is known to be a genuine work in the same universe as Warframe by the same author. Part, not all. Dark Sector is not canon of Warframe, and neither is Warframe canon of Dark Sector. Together, they form the canon.

Canon in the story medium is not defined as one singular work by the author, but rather the universe created therein.

Now, if I wrote a fan-fiction story based on Dark Sector/Warframe, it would not be canon since I am not the original author, but it could exist within canon.

Does that make sense?

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

My hat is off to everyone in their effort to crack this language.  And once again DE surprises us with something so well "hidden," sparking another reason for me to propose marriage to the entire team at their next Tenno Live event.  No other company has come close to this amount of dedication and love for their enigmatic game.  I love all of it.

When I tried to translate the signs on boobens gambit helmet, only garbage came out of it

F2zmEbl.png?1

If I got it right, the first sign on the top is a vowel and equals ow as in "now, bough, doubt"

The second sign is also a vowel and equals eh as in "pet"

The little circles is also a vowel and equals o as in "woe, whoa, low, no" and the very last sign is the number 6

So either I misunderstood this whole thing or the helmet sort of says "oweho 6" ._. lol

Owie 06. Sounds like a VIN number.

I seem to notice this common misunderstanding of "canon".

Canon (n.) "the works of a particular author or artist that are recognized as genuine."

Dark Sector is a part of the canon because it is known to be a genuine work in the same universe as Warframe by the same author. Part, not all. Dark Sector is not canon of Warframe, and neither is Warframe canon of Dark Sector. Together, they form the canon.

Canon in the story medium is not defined as one singular work by the author, but rather the universe created therein.

Now, if I wrote a fan-fiction story based on Dark Sector/Warframe, it would not be canon since I am not the original author, but it could exist within canon.

Does that make sense?

I'm using the more modern definition of the word.

For example, works by August Derleth are considered canon in the Cthulhu Mythos, even though they are not written by Lovecraft.

Edited by vaugahn

YXjcvd8.jpg

What does the writing on Loki's leg say?

It says, "Tenno Model 2100N Serial 148-H"

You'll need to read it from the bottom up, and remember the vowels/accents are stacked on top of the consonants for orientation.

(found here: https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/sites/all/themes/warframebase/images/Interviews/018/Tennobet1.jpg, the third line of Tennobet.)

Edited by Kruzil

Hearing that makes me think of the Tenno to be more of a machine, rather than a living being ._.

Warframes are just suits that shape the power of the Tenno. I can understand that "Tenno Model 2100N Serial 148H" basically says this:

-Crafted by Tenno

-Model 2100N (Loki)

-Serial 148H its when they build that particular suit.

Now that the language is finally revealed (Thanks DE and our community members!), we can now especulate more about the Tenno itself!, about being organic beings, and stuff like that.