Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Language Decoded

DE_Adam

So Hayden is canon now ?

Good.

Hayden has been canon for a while. We players are TENNO. Both the GLAIVE and its reference to the First TENNO, and the Proto-Excalibur armor are all references to DARK SECTOR. After being infected by the TECHNOCYTE VIRUS, Hayden TENNO gained special powers. In DARK SECTOR the LOTUS was a symbol of some sort of underground black market.

Nyx is based on whats-her-name.

There seems to be a geometrical pattern to letter construction very reminiscent of Korean lettering where the appearance of the majority of the characters are progressively more complex

The Orokin syllabary is built upon a stem structure - the "M" - and a set of modifiers that are attached to the left or right ends of the stem -  the "R" character and portions of a lower loop - as in the "D" or "Z" and nearly complete in "S"

Seen in this way, an "H" is simply an "M" but only half as long

A "T" is an "M" with an "R" added at the left end

A "Z" is a "D" using the right end of the lower loop of a "D" with an "R" tacked at the left end

A "P" is a "Z" with the right upper bar (which makes up the "M") removed

A "B" is a "D" with a single hook added to the end of the "lower loop"

There is also a thematic undertone to letter construction also reminiscent of Bushido calligraphy

The straight segments suggest power sword strokes and the arcs suggests fencing flourishes

Each letter represents a lesson in movement - a kata

What disturbs me most is the "Tenno Model 2100N Serial 148-H" shows up on a lot more than just Loki's leg, it's on Nyx and Excalibur too... down to the exact same serial number.

DE forgotten to change a few things.

Don't worry :p

Hayden has been canon for a while. We players are TENNO. Both the GLAIVE and its reference to the First TENNO, and the Proto-Excalibur armor are all references to DARK SECTOR. After being infected by the TECHNOCYTE VIRUS, Hayden TENNO gained special powers. In DARK SECTOR the LOTUS was a symbol of some sort of underground black market.

Nyx is based on whats-her-name.

Because DE went back and forth, they went from canon to "loosely based" to canon to uhhh not so canon etc.

Now it is fully canon.

That is all i need.

The fact that there is no full backstory to the game and we have to slowly discover our past and even our language is what makes Warframe just a great game. It really puts you in the skin of the Tenno, to try and piece together who you are and what happened in the past.

Making an effor to decode the languages used in the game, make connections between apparently unrelated things, all this hard work that's done outside of the game means that when you do find out the truth it will be more rewarding than if someone would just tell you everything at once.

There seems to be a geometrical pattern to letter construction very reminiscent of Korean lettering where the appearance of the majority of the characters are progressively more complex

The Orokin syllabary is built upon a stem structure - the "M" - and a set of modifiers that are attached to the left or right ends of the stem -  the "R" character and portions of a lower loop - as in the "D" or "Z" and nearly complete in "S"

Seen in this way, an "H" is simply an "M" but only half as long

A "T" is an "M" with an "R" added at the left end

A "Z" is a "D" using the right end of the lower loop of a "D" with an "R" tacked at the left end

A "P" is a "Z" with the right upper bar (which makes up the "M") removed

A "B" is a "D" with a single hook added to the end of the "lower loop"

There is also a thematic undertone to letter construction also reminiscent of Bushido calligraphy

The straight segments suggest power sword strokes and the arcs suggests fencing flourishes

Each letter represents a lesson in movement - a kata

ElHefe you should seriously update the wiki with this information!  I added some of your findings about the weapon resemblance as well as your latest findings (with some minor refinement) to tie it into the intro and body of the page.

Feel to join me with your findings and alter the page with me.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Language

Edited by Kruzil

Can I ask one of you gifted, wonderful, and talented people to help me double check whether or not there's a spelling error in the first sentence example?

Shouldn't it be

HGJ57eL.png

Rather than

OnAAp2E.png

Am I going crazy, or does it say "amd" in stead of "and"?

It's not supposed to be exact spelling. This isn't english after all, but a variation of it. It's supposed to just be similar :D 

It's not supposed to be exact spelling. This isn't english after all, but a variation of it. It's supposed to just be similar :D 

Well yeah, but if we're supposed to be able to read it out loud, and get something that at least resembles the English we know today, it doesn't look right.

Also, since there is a symbol for what we know as the letter "N" (or atleast the sound of it), why use "M"? It doesn't seem to be coherent, if "amd" is correct.

DE forgotten to change a few things.

Don't worry :p

Because DE went back and forth, they went from canon to "loosely based" to canon to uhhh not so canon etc.

Now it is fully canon.

That is all i need.

"now"? What do you mean "now?"

This is the same skin that's been on these since day 1. The writing never changed.

(edited) ...

No you are not ...

DrJia in PM told me that there were plenty of misspellings with "amd" being one of the more common

Personally, I think that these are TYPOS

Just think how often you type an "n" in place of an "m" on a standard keyboard

This would suggest that DE has an Orokin syllabary keyboard overlay

You type "P" and out comes the Orokin letter!!

The coding wouldn't be hard at all to do (think Windings font) and it would be a whole lot faster to have a text box open and type in the phrase so that the spacing and registering would be perfect

Edited by ElHefe

ElHefe you should seriously update the wiki with this information!  I added some of your findings about the weapon resemblance as well as your latest findings (with some minor refinement) to tie it into the intro and body of the page.

Feel to join me with your findings and alter the page with me.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Language

Appreciate the feedback ... for what it's worth (because I maybe off base with this idea), I inserted the post verbatim on the Orokin Language Wikipage

In addition to the Venka, many of the edged weapons are also Orokin letters:

1. Skana = spacer

2. Cronus = N

3. Draka Prime = C

4. Pangolin = N and O

5. Ceramic Dagger = N

6. Dragon Nikana = N

And the kojiri ornament (at the end) Dragon Nikana scabbard seems to be a J 

My God . . . we're not space ninjas, we're the Orokin equivalent of daytime children's edutainment programming!

*Ash runs his nikana through a corpus crewman*

Ash: "Today's murder was brought to you by the letter 'N' *holds up nikana*. Remember Orokids, brush your teeth, and close the void-fridge door when you're not using it. Progress, Evolution and a good night to all!"

Can I ask one of you gifted, wonderful, and talented people to help me double check whether or not there's a spelling error in the first sentence example?

I was having the exact same problem when deciphering the text along the Magnus barrel.  There was an instance where the "F" looked like a "P," have a look yourself: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/File:Magnus_Barrel.jpg

Notice the 4th-to-last character is clearly a "P" and when translated the final word is "P O R S," therefore defaulting to the "F" makes more sense considering the rest of script is translated as "Answer With Superior..."

Edited by Kruzil

Neat. I'm still having tons of trouble reading it though. Perhaps in the news post they can go over the letters with red, and block them with blue boxes so that I can tell what is a letter and what is decoration?

I actually had the same issue at first, untill I wrapped my brain around it.

I even think there is a thread about decoding the language, from before this one, that has a picture that explains it.

If not, I'm working on a small guide to explain things, but since I only have MS Paint and Notepad to work in, it's taking a bit of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the first picture of symbols the official release of the actual alphabet (tennobet, whatever) and the numbers?

If so, I think there's a mistake in the first line of the first picture of examples.

Based on the first set of symbols, it seems to say "you are the hope aMd future of the Tenno".

Based on the explanatory descriptions of the sympons, it reads out as ".eeooh awr dhuhh, hopa amd feeoochoor, awf dhuhh tehno."

I haven't gotten any further yet. This is going to be a $#*(@ to learn :D

maybe "eeooh awr dhuhh, hopa amd feeoochoor, awf dhuhh tehno" is the way it is spoken in tenno and "you are the hope and future of the Tenno" is how it is spoken in English. 

Edited by skull75