DE_Adam

Tenno Language Decoded

This is awesome. Now...somebody go and play dark sector and see if you can find any of this tenno writing hidden around. It could give us clues on the lore! Chances are there is nothing to find. Would be cool though, if there was a secret message in dark sector that we can now translate. 

Edited by (PS4)lydon123

Thank you. Now I just need to learn to write it.

Quick question, what does the inscription on the magnus barrel say?

Edited by remsellis

haha no, it's not canon. just a reference. 

Totally is canon.... look at the facts. 

technocyte is the virus in both games.

the russians in DS have frickin' jackels (the walking tanks)

The lotus symbol is all over the place in DS.

"Excalibur was the first" -Excalibur codex entry

"Dating back to the time of the first Tenno, the Glaive is a uniquely deadly weapon"- glaive codex

There are others i'm sure.

Totally is canon.... look at the facts.

technocyte is the virus in both games.

the russians in DS have frickin' jackels (the walking tanks)

The lotus symbol is all over the place in DS.

"Excalibur was the first" -Excalibur codex entry

"Dating back to the time of the first Tenno, the Glaive is a uniquely deadly weapon"- glaive codex

There are others i'm sure.

It's not canon. I want it to be (HUGE dS fan!), but it was confirmed by Steve to be "4/10" with regards to relevance in Warframe. It was in one of the latest/most recent devstreams or primetimes, not sure which.

Ohhhh..i just got the thing with the Venka :D

The claws are in the shape of a P, hence the p-based alliteration in the topic XD

really..im impressed...human is such an intelegent creature...do you guys want to start trying to decipher voynich manuscript now? maybe we can finally know what is the content in that bizarre book...

Made a new thread on my course on the Tennobet, which I just updated, and added lots of new words/units. More are coming by the day!

Hey all! So, it's been over a year since I introduced the community-driven "studies" on the Orokin language (Read up on our findings and process here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/314515-tenno-language/), which resulted in the cipher's release (https://warframe.com/news/tenno-language-decoded).

Turns out, by personal annecdote, that the Tennobet makes for great shorthand, and is really helpful for me in school. Most of my notes are written in it due to its flowing/easy-to-write concept.

Well, turns out a few friends wanted me to teach it to them...so I did. And then a few more wanted to learn. And a few more. Now, my girlfriend wanted me to teach her, too -- and I remembered I once had made a free course on the Tennobet using Memrise.com.

I checked back on it today -- holy grakata! The course had exploded, without my realizing it. It's been exactly a year since I last updated the course, which had a few errors in sentences, and has needed some love for quite some time. I just updated it today, and intend to keep updating it over the next few weeks.

You'll need to sign up for a free Memrise account, and then subscribe to the course:

http://www.memrise.com/course/425296/orokintenno-script/

Enjoy, Tenno!
~NearlyDedicated 

What do the symbols on Iszara cape say?

Flag.

Edit: it could also say flight. It's not easy to tell whether the last character is a T or G due to its cursive nature.

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

Flag.

Edit: it could also say flight. It's not easy to tell whether the last character is a T or G due to its cursive nature.

It's flight.

Rechecked Izvara with the help of a clanmate.

It's Flight. Initially we were going to go with 'Fought' but it just doesn't seem right.

Someone should translate that cryptic msg you get when loading in and out of missions

It has been by 300+ people in a megathread since 17.5's release.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/536233-ominous-loading-screen-messagelore-megathread/

So far:

Void link severed

Reason: foreign carrier detected - Origin unknown - Suspicion tracking signal -
Reinitiating dipolar connection on mobile Carrier - Bow in standby for seunk? check sync-

Motion compensation complete
Selenic lensing locked
Somatic control established
Margoolis? implantation intact
"EVM"? status nominal
War platform awaiting sync

Initializing snyaptic overlay...good night, sweet angel.

That's just my interpretation of it.

Edited by LazerSkink
  • Upvote 1

Lol, I wonder if those message actually means something or DE are just messing with our heads to keep us interested.

How do you handle x's? Or, how do you handle something like Honor? The "or" at the end, specifically. Which vowel sound would you use for that?

How do you handle x's? Or, how do you handle something like Honor? The "or" at the end, specifically. Which vowel sound would you use for that?

X can be replaced by simply putting 'k' and 's'. For the word 'honor', most people pronounce it "on-er", not "on-or", so it would be spelled "awner".

Edited by LazerSkink

X can be replaced by simply putting 'k' and 's'. For the word 'honor', most people pronounce it "on-er", not "on-or", so it would be spelled "awner".

right, but for the 'er' part, would it use 'eh' and 'r'?

right, but for the 'er' part, would it use 'eh' and 'r'?

Depends on pronounciation. It's a popular choice, but I prefer to use "UH" and "R", because the same sound is prevelant in "December" and "November"; "EHR" doesn't sound right to me, personally.

• Upvote 1

Depends on pronounciation. It's a popular choice, but I prefer to use "UH" and "R", because the same sound is prevelant in "December" and "November"; "EHR" doesn't sound right to me, personally.

I failed to remember this, good call. My interest in Orokin slowly deteriorated over the course of this whole year. It was at its highest point in spring. Luckily, I pronounce most words out loud so I know which vowel to use, seems like I derped for this one.

• Upvote 2

It's not canon. I want it to be (HUGE dS fan!), but it was confirmed by Steve to be "4/10" with regards to relevance in Warframe. It was in one of the latest/most recent devstreams or primetimes, not sure which.

Not really a new-ish dev stream, I think it was done last year around August, but 4/10ths of being canon is still being canon. Besides, 3/10ths of that game was Hayden tearing up the Russians and infected anyways, with the other 3/10th being his self-loathing, if I remember correctly, and now he's hailed as a hero and as the original Tenno, as they said in that EXACT dev stream about 30 seconds after the 4/10ths canonical.

• Upvote 1