Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/open] 57

HunterHog

Hello! Welcome to the 57 thread. This is a story about an old Orokin Tower found within the Void, consisting of 57 floors, which everyone is free to participate in. This is my first ever forum roleplay thread, so sorry if it's too simple, but feel free to ask questions as you go along and give some criticism so I may improve! ^^

Have common sense, do not be rude, and enjoy your time here. Really simple! Failure to comply, unfortunately, will see me forced to 'Rocks fall' your character.*

Summary:

"Tenno. An old Orokin Tower consisting of 57 floors has been found within the void. It used to display a distinct sense, feeling or even what might be called an aura. However, something feels weird now. It seems as if something is corrupting it directly from the core. Our best guess is that the core is found at the top, the 57th floor. We will need alot of you, this sounds like a handful. Gather as many as you can, and when you are ready, the expedition will begin. Arm yourself Tenno, this one is going to be something different."

Here's a quick rundown so you can start roleplaying right away:

The Tenno set base at the 1st floor. If you are lost, get separated from the party, or require medical attention or supplements (ammo, etc), the 1st floor is where you should direct yourself.

The expedition leader is, as of now, my character, Kael, a Tenno in an Ash Warframe, with a Locust Helmet, a Dread, Despair and Dragon Nikana (my in-game loadout ^^)

AshSeries3Helmet.png

Seperate teams and other leaders will be announced as the roleplay progresses.

There are going to be 57 floors, and each floor will be conquered at its own pace and will have its own danger, depending on how the thread goes.

*Rocks fall:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RocksFallEveryoneDies

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Floor 1: Beginnings

The Tenno crossed the void gate, stepping into the tower. As the engulfing light of the portal transported them into the tower, the Tenno stared in awe. The Tower, although abandoned, was in perfect condition. Clean, no rust, no damage, not a single trace of usage. Something as fantastic as it is suspicious. The Tenno set camp, setting up an armory room, beds and a briefing room. During the first day, all you would see were Tenno transporting crates, from one side of the base to another, carrying ammo, weapons and other things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kael sat on a crate, looking around. The Tower's perfect state was something that lingered on the back of his mind. It wasn't abandoned too long ago, it was far too clean for that, and even then there are no traces of usage, surely someone went to the 57th Floor to disable the core, but who, and why? Kael let out a sigh of frustration, he didn't know what to think. Giving up, he went for a walk around the 1st Floor, examining every nook and cranny. He didn't stray too far from the camp, but still got some distance.

"I wonder how long it'll take us to get to the 57th Floor. That's alot of floors, and the floors look enormous...Plus I wonder if we'll find anything. Orokin Technology, traces of new lifeforms, anything, really... I just hope everything works out alright."

Edited by HunterHog

(( Well, here goes; http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/35227939651392384/982CBDDDB076DAE6B80F875B63043AAEB6E48CA4/ ))

The portal to the Orokin Tower wavered and rippled as a feminine figure clad in the Saryn warframe shifted into the Tower's dimension.

The woman took a few graceful paces forward, placed both palms on her hip and glanced around the area. The uneasy and disturbing aura drifted to her mentality, but she didn't show this physically; her complexion staying composed and distinguished.

She had an aesthetic yet deadly appearing colour scheme to the frame, consisting of a bright orange, slick white and a deep black. Around her head she donned the Hemlock variant for her warframe, with a black flower protruding from her scalp. Her body build was also rather slim and fit, fitting perfectly with the chosen warframe.

On her hips and spine, the Saryn carried a selection of venomous weapons, including a pair of deep orange Dual Ichors, a Stug modified to deal corrosive and radioactive elements aswell as the toxic potency it contained, and finally on her back was the chunky infested firearm, the Torid, loaded with toxic projectiles capable of lethal damage.

After a long time of glancing about, she spotted a lonely Tenno and smiled gleefully behind the helmet.

Longing for social activities, she began trotting over to the Ash, slithering up from behind. Her presence was evident to the Ash, as her high-heel styled feet clicked on the Orokin tile floor every time she took a step towards him.

Edited by Y0she

Kael turned around.

"I- eh...*Ahem* Welcome aboard."

He stuttered a little while saying those words. Behind his helmet was the biggest blush ever, as her cheering and active pose and actions were almost contagious. He then straightened up, and builds up on what he was about to say.

"Welcome aboard. Feel free to rest, walk around, although you should avoid getting too far, this Tower is giving me some bad feelings and we don't know what awaits us next, or you can help your fellow Tenno. Either way, it's an incredible pleasure to meet you."

He reached out for a hand shake.

Kael turned around.

"I- eh...*Ahem* Welcome aboard."

He stuttered a little while saying those words. Behind his helmet was the biggest blush ever, as her cheering and active pose and actions were almost contagious. He then straightened up, and builds up on what he was about to say.

"Welcome aboard. Feel free to rest, walk around, although you should avoid getting too far, this Tower is giving me some bad feelings and we don't know what awaits us next, or you can help your fellow Tenno. Either way, it's an incredible pleasure to meet you."

He reached out for a hand shake.

The Saryn gazed intriguingly at the Ash and smiled bright behind the helmet as he stuttered.

Both of her palms came to meet with Kael's single hand and she shaked gracefully with the tilt of her head and a lean of her upper body.

"I'm sure it is." She said in a youthful yet tranquil voice.

Still smiling behind the helmet, she let go of the Ash's hand once she had made the shake, her left hand planting on her hip with the right arm dangling vertically.

"So, what brings a weak little frame like yourself here?" She asked bluntly, a little intent on aggrovating the Ash.

Edited by Y0she

The Saryn gazed intriguingly at the Ash and smiled bright behind the helmet as he stuttered.

Both of her palms came to meet with Kael's single hand and she shaked gracefully with the tilt of her head and a lean of her upper body.

"I'm sure it is." She said in a youthful yet tranquil voice.

Still smiling behind the helmet, she let go of the Ash's hand once she had made the shake, her left hand planting on her hip with the right arm dangling vertically.

"So, what brings a weak little frame like yourself here?" She asked bluntly, a little intent on aggrovating the Ash.

"Eh? I'm not weak! Speak for yourself!"

Behind the helmet, his facial expression was a mix of laughter and a small, healthy dose of anger.

He quickly calmed down, he wasn't one to let things get to him.

"Either way, just like you, I'm guessing, we're all here to investigate this Tower. While leading the expedition, I'm also playing a scout role, due to my agility and my abilities allowing me to go by unnoticed. I'm going to gather intel from time to time, before we advance a floor, and when I'm done we start pushing forward towards the next floor. All in the name of safety, of course. I'm sure the Lotus wouldn't like to lose such a big number of Tenno all at once."

He was, rather noticeably, feeling somewhat uneasy being there. He knew something awaited behind the floors, and most importantly, at the 57th Floor. The idea of going scouting alone frightened him, but at the same time, his abilities allowed him to go by without a scratch, and that left him with a little more confidence and motivation to head there.

"What do you plan on doing? Setting camp, pushing the front lines when the time comes, defending camp or are you also going scout? Not doing anything would be a waste of those pretty hands of yours."

Then, he immediately straightened up. Did he just say pretty hands? What a silly figure he's making of himself. Either way, it's 'just an expression' was the excuse he was going for in case she asked. He started fiddling with the knives he had on his pouches, while awaiting a response.

"Eh? I'm not weak! Speak for yourself!"

Behind the helmet, his facial expression was a mix of laughter and a small, healthy dose of anger.

He quickly calmed down, he wasn't one to let things get to him.

"Either way, just like you, I'm guessing, we're all here to investigate this Tower. While leading the expedition, I'm also playing a scout role, due to my agility and my abilities allowing me to go by unnoticed. I'm going to gather intel from time to time, before we advance a floor, and when I'm done we start pushing forward towards the next floor. All in the name of safety, of course. I'm sure the Lotus wouldn't like to lose such a big number of Tenno all at once."

He was, rather noticeably, feeling somewhat uneasy being there. He knew something awaited behind the floors, and most importantly, at the 57th Floor. The idea of going scouting alone frightened him, but at the same time, his abilities allowed him to go by without a scratch, and that left him with a little more confidence and motivation to head there.

"What do you plan on doing? Setting camp, pushing the front lines when the time comes, defending camp or are you also going scout? Not doing anything would be a waste of those pretty hands of yours."

Then, he immediately straightened up. Did he just say pretty hands? What a silly figure he's making of himself. Either way, it's 'just an expression' was the excuse he was going for in case she asked. He started fiddling with the knives he had on his pouches, while awaiting a response.

The Saryn shared a faint giggle and shrugged her shoulders softly, "Oh, my pretty hands can do all manner of things, don't you worry." Her right hand came forward to nudge the Ash on the chest a little playfully, letting out a chuckle.

"Since I'm mostly targeting the well-being of our enemies, I'd be much better in a role where I can do that." The Saryn said in a venomous tone, her arms lapping into a neat fold over her abdomen.

"It seems like a good choice to have you as leader, aswell. You seem like you can handle a team well. Hopefully." The Saryn said. She hadn't seemed physically phased by whatever the Tower was radiating that caused unease; if anything, she seemed rather playful.

Soon her head shook and she changed the subject, "So, what's this about 'pretty hands'?" She said softly to the Ash.

Edited by Y0she

The Saryn shared a faint giggle and shrugged her shoulders softly, "Oh, my pretty hands can do all manner of things, don't you worry." Her right hand came forward to nudge the Ash on the chest a little playfully, letting out a chuckle.

"Since I'm mostly targeting the well-being of our enemies, I'd be much better in a role where I can do that." The Saryn said in a venomous tone, her arms lapping into a neat fold over her abdomen.

"It seems like a good choice to have you as leader, aswell. You seem like you can handle a team well. Hopefully." The Saryn said. She hadn't seemed physically phased by whatever the Tower was radiating that caused unease; if anything, she seemed rather playful.

Soon her head shook and she changed the subject, "So, what's this about 'pretty hands'?" She said softly to the Ash.

He holstered his knives.

"If it's damage you're looking to cause, the front lines during the pushes are probably your best bet. When you're not in the front lines, maybe you could scout, with me or alone, who knows if you won't find something to...'damage'. And...thanks, I guess. I sure hope I'm a good leader, else this will be in vain."

He cleared his throat and shook his head lightly, as if to stop phasing out.

"It's just an expression, a way of saying they could be useful, or they're strong, heh. Your hands, I mean."

Kael gave her a small pat on the shoulder.

"Did you bring anything with you, extra weapons or anything that you might have to store or unpack? Just so that I know. We're supposed to log everything that comes through. Oh, uhm, before that. *talking to self* Where are my manners? Ehm, my name is Kael...and yours is, madam?"

Edited by HunterHog

He holstered his knives.

"If it's damage you're looking to cause, the front lines during the pushes are probably your best bet. When you're not in the front lines, maybe you could scout, with me or alone, who knows if you won't find something to...'damage'. And...thanks, I guess. I sure hope I'm a good leader, else this will be in vain."

He cleared his throat and shook his head lightly, as if to stop phasing out.

"It's just an expression, a way of saying they could be useful, or they're strong, heh. Your hands, I mean."

Kael gave her a small pat on the shoulder.

"Did you bring anything with you, extra weapons or anything that you might have to store or unpack? Just so that I know. We're supposed to log everything that comes through. Oh, uhm, before that. *talking to self* Where are my manners? Ehm, my name is Kael...and yours is, madam?"

The Saryn's arms folded a bit more tensely and she had nodded her head softly, "I see. And, no worries." She had smiled behind the helmet, already liking this Ash.

"An expression, huh? Well, I should think I am rather strong." She then said, almost boasting in a flamboyant tone.

Her head tilted and turned a bit when the Ash put his hand on her shoulder, which was pretty much that big curved bit of tissue arching around each shoulder.

In response to the questioning of her name and the placing of Ash's palm on her right shoulder, her right hand went to place on the Ash's touching forearm and her head leant against his placed palm as some sort of gesture of affection to the Ash.

"You can call me Miss Draylon," She said in fluent words, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kael." Letting go of his forearm and straightening her head, both palms planted back onto her hips.

Responding to the former question now, "As for your former question, it's just me and my weapons." She said, nudging them with her left elbow.

Finally, she asked the Ash, "What did you bring, exactly?" Both palms still on her hips and her gaze fixated on the Ash, she waited for a response.

Edited by Y0she

Not sure if i should post this here but hunterhog has not reply my message. just asking: may i join? My character will be a master excalibur who has just woke up from cryostasis and has only a noob set of braton. lato and skana. He jumped off the ship and interupted the ash and saryn conversation

Edited by lol_NICK_lol

Not sure if i should post this here but hunterhog has not reply my message. just asking: may i join? My character will be a master excalibur who has just woke up from cryostasis and has only a noob set of braton. lato and skana. He jumped off the ship and interupted the ash and saryn conversation

//Sure you can join. It's open for a reason.

The Saryn's arms folded a bit more tensely and she had nodded her head softly, "I see. And, no worries." She had smiled behind the helmet, already liking this Ash.

"An expression, huh? Well, I should think I am rather strong." She then said, almost boasting in a flamboyant tone.

Her head tilted and turned a bit when the Ash put his hand on her shoulder, which was pretty much that big curved bit of tissue arching around each shoulder.

In response to the questioning of her name and the placing of Ash's palm on her right shoulder, her right hand went to place on the Ash's touching forearm and her head leant against his placed palm as some sort of gesture of affection to the Ash.

"You can call me Miss Draylon," She said in fluent words, "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kael." Letting go of his forearm and straightening her head, both palms planted back onto her hips.

Responding to the former question now, "As for your former question, it's just me and my weapons." She said, nudging them with her left elbow.

Finally, she asked the Ash, "What did you bring, exactly?" Both palms still on her hips and her gaze fixated on the Ash, she waited for a response.

He smiled beneath the helmet.

"Well, Miss Draylon, it's really just me and my weapons, too. My trusty Nikana, bow and knives."

Edited by HunterHog

//Sure you can join. It's open for a reason.

He smiled beneath the helmet.

"Well, Miss Draylon, it's really just me and my weapons, too. My trusty Nikana, bow and knives."

Miss Draylon nodded her head gently and glanced about the quiet part of Floor One. After a few moments she looked back to the Ash.

"What shall we do now, Kael?" She asked, her arms slithering to a neat fold.

Miss Draylon nodded her head gently and glanced about the quiet part of Floor One. After a few moments she looked back to the Ash.

"What shall we do now, Kael?" She asked, her arms slithering to a neat fold.

He shrugged

"Most people are still unpacking, and I have scout duty soon, so I should probably get some rest. You can tag along later if you wish."

He shrugged

"Most people are still unpacking, and I have scout duty soon, so I should probably get some rest. You can tag along later if you wish."

She shrugged and eventually nodded. "Sounds good. I'll come with you now aswell." Miss Draylon said slyly, unfolding her arms from her abdomen.

'Travel to this coordinate, and unravel ur past and continue your future, your destiny. You have much to do tenno.' The familiar voice of lotus whispered when the fresh and crisp air rushed into the cryopod. 'You are ill-equipped but you are born to kill. The lack of weaponry will only prove to be a mere nuisance.' Lotus paused and as if making a remark, 'You are unlike any tenno i have saved during these few years. You are powerful and I could sense a power... a power that is ancient below this frame. If u pull through, you will prove to be a valuable asset to the tenno's cause.'

That is a few days ago when he broke cryostasis. He only have time to get used to his regained body and scavange enough credits for a braton. The mk1 just feels so sluggish that an immediate dislike born. He strapped his skana and braton to his back and put his lato into the pouch. They are not top notch weapons, not even remotely close. But he is as prepared as he will ever be.

The liset shuddered violently and the excalibur nearly fell onto the ground. The escape-warp tremor still requires some time to get used to, he noted. He stared out of the front perspex sheet of the liset. The dark and thick fog of the void shrouded most of the things in this place, but a looming tower still managed to pierce through. Immediately, he felt the urge to run and escape and to never return. But he is a tenno, he reminded himself. The master of gun and blade will not shirke in front of fear.

'Ordis, it seems we have reached our final destination.'He told his AI companion as the liset flew closer to the base. A few camps was seen scattered around the tower and tennos were scuttering around, socializing and doing whatever they deem fit.

'Operator, time to go. If i go any further, there will be no safe place for you to land.' Ordis said in his robotic voice.

A part of the floor of the liset flips over, revealing an alcove for the tenno to stand in and to leave the liset. Without hesitation, the excalibur stepped into it. He caught one last glimpse of his liset. He might not return again, if everything goes wrong. The floor flips slowly over again. He held onto the metal sticks protruding out and when the rotation is completed, he released his grasp, letting the void fog engulf him. 

Edited by lol_NICK_lol

She shrugged and eventually nodded. "Sounds good. I'll come with you now aswell." Miss Draylon said slyly, unfolding her arms from her abdomen.

Shrug

"If you say so. See you in scout duty I guess. Find a tent to rest in if you wish."

He proceeded to walk towards the encampment, and entered a tent with a small arms rack, a bed and a desk. He laid down on the bed, and spent the next few hours resting, waiting for his scout duty time.

Edited by HunterHog

The excalibur falled for god knows how long. But the fog is slowly receding and the land could be seen rushing towards him. He braced for impact and landed in between two tents. His stomp made a loud voice that echoed all around the campsite. A lot of curious tennos peeked out of their tents, wondering who the intruder is. Some even pulled out their weapons in fear of hostilities coming to assault the camp.

Edited by lol_NICK_lol

The sound of a large thud startled the resting Kael. At the sight of a seemingly somewhat weakened Tenno outside, he rushed to the middle of the encampment and shouted for everyone to rest easy, and to drop their weapons. He approached the Excalibur.

"Hello. Are you okay? You feelin' well?" He patted him on the shoulder. "You look somewhat weak. Did you accidentally get here or were you sent here by Lotus for the expedition? Either way, head into the medical tent, there should be some Tenno that can look out for you and fix you up." He pointed towards a large red tent in one of the extremes of the encampment. "You should head there straight away. Do you need me to carry you there or can you stand and walk on your own?"

'I am fine, not even a scratch.' He spoke in a cool and somewhat deterring way.

'Lotus sent me here, but she havent given me any details of this mission.' He said.

'You seem like the leader here, right? Mind if u guide me through this place and tell me about the situation we have here?' The excalibur eyed kael, as if sizing him up.

Edited by lol_NICK_lol

He shrugged

"Well, if you think you're fine, then sure. Well, here's the deal, this Tower's been active for years, but for some reason it went off and the core has been somewhat corrupted by something we have yet to discover. Our objective is to reach Floor 57, obliterate the threat and re-activate the Tower without activating the Neural Sentry."

He pointed towards the various tents.

"The red tent is the medical one. The white tents are the living quarters where you may rest and sleep. The big blue tent is the armory and the huge yellow tent is the debriefing,meeting and discussion room. Finally, the absolutely massive green one is the cafeteria. And yes, you are correct, I'm the leader of this expedition, I'm Kael, you?"

He extended his hand for a hand shake.

Shrug

"If you say so. See you in scout duty I guess. Find a tent to rest in if you wish."

He proceeded to walk towards the encampment, and entered a tent with a small arms rack, a bed and a desk. He laid down on the bed, and spent the next few hours resting, waiting for his scout duty time.

Before the Excalibur had crashed into the encampment, Miss Draylon found her way to the living quarters and sat herself on a bed.

She was rather suprised by how comfy it was, so she pulled off her Torid, Stug and Dual Ichors and placed them inside a crate beside her bed.

Then, Draylon led herself onto it, facing upwards to the ceiling of the tent, she linked her hands together at her stomach and closed her eyes behind the helmet.

Then the thud happened seemingly a few hours later. She sat up and glanced at a few Tenno outside rushing somewhere and she exhaled a sigh.

She just wanted to get some R&R before this supposedly long mission and so, Miss Draylon led back down, linked her hands back together and resumed her nap.

Edited by Y0she

After a few minutes, Miss Draylon slowly sat up in bed again and ran a few palms over her helmet, she couldn't sleep without knowing what the commotion was all about; it was getting louder too. She then stretched out her limbs one by one and finally rose to a stand, grasping each calf and bending it behind her back briefly.

Finally, she leant forward a little and let out a long yawn through the helmet, eventually straightening out and heading outside the tent she was in.

Miss Draylon arched her gaze over to a small crowd and spotted Kael among them, approaching towards him with the audible clicks of her heels and her contagious scent becoming more evident.

Edited by Y0she

After a few minutes, Miss Draylon slowly sat up in bed again and ran a few palms over her helmet, she couldn't sleep without knowing what the commotion was all about; it was getting louder too. She then stretched out her limbs one by one and finally rose to a stand, grasping each calf and bending it behind her back briefly.

Finally, she leant forward a little and let out a long yawn through the helmet, eventually straightening out and heading outside the tent she was in.

Miss Draylon arched her gaze over to a small crowd and spotted Kael among them, approaching towards him with the audible clicks of her heels and her contagious scent becoming more evident.

While reaching out for the hand shake, he couldn't avoid turning around. He felt something was coming. He tilted his head slightly, over his shoulder, just enough to see 'Miss' Draylon approaching. He returned to facing the mysterious Excalibur.

While reaching out for the hand shake, he couldn't avoid turning around. He felt something was coming. He tilted his head slightly, over his shoulder, just enough to see 'Miss' Draylon approaching. He returned to facing the mysterious Excalibur.

Miss Draylon, the exotic Saryn, had trotted to and come to a halt by Kael's side, her arms lapping into a tight fold against her abdomen as she shared a glance between Kael offering a handshake and the Excalibur which was of no familiarance to the Saryn.

"Hey." She said bluntly, "So, did a Rhino fall on his @$$ or...?" She fixated a stare at the Excalibur.

Edited by Y0she

Evangeline's large corpus ship stopped, and the Mag Prime yawned as she stepped activated the key and stepped into the void tower. staying true to her family's crest and colors, the green, white, and black color scheme would bring back some memories. A granite pole on her back seemed to be her only weapon as she looked around inside the tower, looking for a way to get to the next floor.

Edited by ultimatumcore