Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Archwing Interception - Might Be Okay With A Disclaimer.

Ahzagothis

Disclaimer: I am no MLG pro, nor would I claim to be one. I am a dedicated warframe player, just like most of the rest of us and write this in such a perspective based on my own personal opinions which may or may not be agreed upon. Poster not responsible for heated passions or forum flames that may result from having an opinion!

I will say I was like most people here in that I found the Uranus Archwing Interception $&*&*#(%&ly difficult. They outnumber you, outgun you, and unlike other archwing missions... they can take more than 1-2 hits. I have most archwing mods so it's not an issue of gear mind. I went from 2 million credits to 200k by the end of this from ranking up mods (and spent 200-300k on transmute for some of the transmute only ones). I tried and failed a dozen times, alone and with other people. Then I did what I always do..

I did some research, both my own and read other people's posts, I did a few solo runs, and while very rough (dying about 3 times in 4 waves) I slowly got a grip. I have to say my opinion is now a 180 of what it used to be... I think it's a bit rougher for the average player than it should be, perhaps but I like the idea of having scenarios that Tenno cannot just bash their skulls against with raw brute force and win. This is like a problem I had long ago with tabletop RPGs where you want to get an opponent too deadly to fight and you are stuck with a group of characters whom /insist/ on continuing despite dropping like flies.

DE, I would ask one thing of you if you decide to keep Archwing this way. Give the players a little more about the intentions here. The difficulty curve is pretty high when up to this mission Warframe has always been about bringing heavier fire power to battles you cannot win. Bringing specialized warframes (Vauban, Frost, Nyx for defense as example) and so forth... I think there would be less complaining and issues if there were some in game way to let players know "Hey. You are not supposed to brute force Archwing Uranus until you kill everything. Try *this* tactic instead"

Can't say that it's something I am eager to do again now that I have my Elytron pieces building, but I have to admit I wouldn't mind something similar in the future in terms of "Brute force alone will not win this." provided there's a little more help than trail and error -- we arn't quite in the old days of early video games where people toss us a huge world with almost no information on what to do or where to go, gamers now a days are spoiled with the hand holding and honestly it's started to affect me enough to feel ashamed.

tl;dr Uranus Archwing is not ment to be done by overwhelming firepower (Unless Elytron, which you get from Uranus changes that of course). It's a nice change of pace, but could have been better received if there was more explanation of that if it was intended to be as hit and run as it currently is.

Well geez...if you aren't supposed to overwhelm them what else can you do? It's not like we have stealth in archwing mode yet...and the whole game mode is full out combat. if we're not supposed to be fighting them head on then what the hell is there to do? Do some quick stabs and retreat? It's not like we have any options here. Until DE makes something new to deal with this, it's best to just lower the difficulty for now.

Split in groups, 2 draw attention other two cap.

works with 1-3 ratio aswell.

Conserve energy for flare and your repel skill to defend the point if it gets swarmed out of nowhere,

don't be shy to take extra lap to get your shields back.

I think we should have more space interceptions, uranus is pretty much huge leap.

Something in between, maybe corpus missions?

Edited by Morgax

Uranus isn't all that bad for where it is on the starchart, but the first part of Limbo's quest is far too difficult where it lies. I just think people want to play some of the higher-difficulty material without the proper mods because there's just too few missions to get through and too many mods to get before you can really stand up to enemies at any higher difficulty.

It's new, balancing will eventually run its course. You still have to factor in things like mod progression since this gamemode is new and starts everyone off at the same place (aside from pilot perks).

With that said though, holy crap the enemies have a ton of health and there's a lot of them. Even blade spank spamming doesn't work all too well.

Ah. Should a been more clear.

Uranus is very hit and run as stated. You will need to use Energy Restores to keep energy up. I recommend Valkyr with Rejuvenation to keep your HP up and tank. You will go from point to point and cap it using repel when the capping stops or when there are enemies nearby as well as disarray to stop missile spam. You do very, very little engaging though you might knick a few guys if you are between points as well.

Hint: before you start the mission, drop 2 energy restores and let them run their course. This helps alot with the start, when the 'kill all enemies' phase happens, again drop energy restores to keep your energy up. You need that energy for the disarray and repel spam you'll be doing.