Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bug: Regular Blue Moas Track Invisible Warframes

ViceroyBubbles

MOAs are the only enemy that do this. I'll use Smoke Screen with Ash. I won't shoot, I won't melee, I just walk around. They continue tracking me perfectly and shooting at me while crewmen dogpile on where they last saw me.

Crewmen track the last known location of noise, which is how it usually works. MOAs have ULTRAVISION. You're not invisible to them even if perfectly silent. Always. There hasn't been an incident where they DON'T track me when I'm the target. If I knew how to make a gif or webm, I would. The bug is very easily replicated though.

The problem is that enemies with long firing animations do not cancel them when you go invisible at the moment. Regular MOAs are the most obvious culprits because of their lengthy firing cycle and obvious projectiles, but other enemies like Grineer Shield Lancers do it as well but it is not as obvious...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/335205-enemies-ignoring-smokescreeninvisibility/

Edited by Brimir

The problem is that enemies with long firing animations do not cancel them when you go invisible at the moment. Regular MOAs are the most obvious culprits because of their lengthy firing cycle and obvious projectiles, but other enemies like Grineer Shield Lancers do it as well but it is not as obvious...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/335205-enemies-ignoring-smokescreeninvisibility/

Wow, I can get behind that. That means Ash's Smoke Screen, even though it stumbles enemies, doesn't technically interrupt animations. MOAs flip back up and continue shooting.

If you look carefully you can see the MOA instantly stop firing and lose all interest in you as soon as their current firing cycle ends - they will just wander around like any other enemy.

So they don't actually see you, but they are forced to complete the firing cycle regardless if you are invisible or not.