Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think We Should Be Able To Forge Our Own Weapons?

sp4rtan148

Since some of the tenno are master gunsmiths, and have "replicated" weapons like the burston prime but never really found its true potential, I want to be able to create my own weapons and choose what kind of mechanism it has like being able to change the firing mechanism from semi-auto to burst, to full auto, or to create a launcher, or a penta type clone. I also think there should be a way to find weapon parts in the high double digits, and put them together to make weapons of our own.

I'm not saying we could be able to make anything phallic, just something that fits your playstyle. Like being able to sacrifice a huge part of the weapon like removing a certain mechanism that will make reloading much more longer in return for the weapon to naturally have an element tied to it, I also think if someone wants to create a crit weapon there should be some sacrifices.

Now, we should be able to decide how this weapon looks, we could take a simple primary, secondary, or melee "frame" of an uncompleted weapon and start adding onto it with parts that I mentioned earlier. For sniper I think we should be able to decide from a few scope designs.

And for custom melee weapons the standard uncompleted frame of the weapon should decide on what grip type the weapon has, if its a polearm then the standard frame is a long pole, and for swords just a hilt that blades could be added onto later.

Let me know what you guys think because I want to be a weapon crafter like some unheard of tenno.

It would be an interesting idea and I like it when games do this well (Loadout for example). However, I don't think it'd work well with Warframe. All of the weapons made by DE would likely be undermined if people could just create whatever weapon they wanted to serve whatever purpose they have in mind for it.

You could always suggest your weapon ideas in the Fan Concepts sub-forum;  DE's grabbed quite a few things out of there to add into the game

I honestly want a combined secondary+melee weapon a la MGS Big Boss-style CQC. Would be very nice and there's no reason it shouldn't fit tbh.

I think this would be an awesome single dagger stance.