Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr In Archwing

ShardsSuperior

So I took Zephyr into ArchWing missions, just to try it out because of her awesome shield and health values. 

I felt like this was the way she was meant to be played - constantly in the air, with domination of the battlefield from above.

It was basically an awesome experience.

Now that we have directional melee, I feel like Zephyr's direction aerial powers (in normal missions) have lost their gleam. No longer are they the best and easiest way to get over a gap upwards. And they cost energy, and are occasionally unwieldy for shorter distances.

So, I think Tailwind should be changed to a toggle ability. When it is activated, it turns Zephyr weightless and she is able to move with the same controls as Archwing allows.

Or, since now all 4 abilities are mandatory, it could be that Tailwind lifts Zephyr up into the air, and Divebomb drops her, making her affected by gravity again.

Basically, this would allow Zephyr's Archwing experience to be included in all missions, as a feature unique to her.

Of course, this is been suggested many times before, but it's more imperative now, with directional melee taking her defining feature (directional mobility in the air) and giving it to all other frames.

Really? Stay Airborne?

I can see it now. Farming Sechura with 4 Zephyrs, suspended 40 meters off the ground, lobbing Penta nades straight down, only landing to pick up extra ammo.

Yea, that will happen.

Don't know how often you play Sechura, but you can already do that at least a third of the time depending on the tileset; can be done with every ODD run too.

It's not a huge issue considering that you're going to have to land to pick up ammo rather often (Every wave or 2 waves, depending), and the Infested Runners explosions will eventually wear down the Cryopod.

Don't know how often you play Sechura, but you can already do that at least a third of the time depending on the tileset; can be done with every ODD run too.

It's not a huge issue considering that you're going to have to land to pick up ammo rather often (Every wave or 2 waves, depending), and the Infested Runners explosions will eventually wear down the Cryopod.

Extra: and the perfect Aim Ancient hooks!!

Zeph works OK with the archwing, but her lack of armor begins to tell if you get mobbed in an interception.

All that health can disappear surprisingly quickly in a situation a Saryn or Valkyr would just shrug off.

Now if the aviator mod worked on her...well...

I am half agree, this have potential to be abused so here a way to fix it. Her dive bomb should be totaly replaced by a toggle that give you the ability to fly in all direction (similar to archwing, you can't sprint boost) but drain energy overtime (lower the more power duration you have) as a replacment for the <sprint boost>, her tailwind could exactly work like slash dash (to avoid confusion and can be use while her second power, the dive bomb replacment, is active), giving more attack option and extra mobility.

I'd love an actual flight mode for Zephyr.

Really? Stay Airborne?

I can see it now. Farming Sechura with 4 Zephyrs, suspended 40 meters off the ground, lobbing Penta nades straight down, only landing to pick up extra ammo.

Yea, that will happen.

You can give flight mode an energy drain so it wouldn't be abused. Sure, you could always land, pick up some energy orbs, and take off again, but that means you are exposing yourself to enemies on the ground.

Also remember that enemy gunfire still exists. Maybe if Zephyr incurs enough damage while in flight, it ends and she has to fall to the ground? The only way that I can see this setup being truly broken is if you had a Loki on the ground disarming everything... then again, it's not like this is the most broken setup you can run anyway.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

No you don't have to land, you have a 15-20 meter pickup radius with Vacuum, you just hover briefly over the pod and go back up.

The fact that it "can be done" already is the problem in the first place, it should NOT be possible, and adding "perma-hover" just makes the whole situation even worse, considering that since DE does not have Arhwing type enemies in normal maps you will NEVER EVER get a single scratch on Zephyr.

No you don't have to land, you have a 15-20 meter pickup radius with Vacuum, you just hover briefly over the pod and go back up.

The fact that it "can be done" already is the problem in the first place, it should NOT be possible, and adding "perma-hover" just makes the whole situation even worse, considering that since DE does not have Arhwing type enemies in normal maps you will NEVER EVER get a single scratch on Zephyr.

If it can be done already, Zephyr's proposed change is hardly going to make it worse. Besides, even Infested have powers that hurt Zephyrs in flight.

If it drains energy, it'll have its own balance, as you'd have to stop flying to draw up energy. Parasitic Eximuses (Eximi?) would also hit this kind of playstyle pretty hard. Disruptors would also have to option to completely shut off flight for a while.

If it can be done already, Zephyr's proposed change is hardly going to make it worse. Besides, even Infested have powers that hurt Zephyrs in flight.

If it drains energy, it'll have its own balance, as you'd have to stop flying to draw up energy. Parasitic Eximuses (Eximi?) would also hit this kind of playstyle pretty hard. Disruptors would also have to option to completely shut off flight for a while.

Ancients in general have the ability to just grapple you and take you right out of the sky.