Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idk How This Is Fair?

CelticMoss

RNG is a fickle mistress. 

Honestly it isn't fair, but neither is life. If you want fair look for the Ferris wheel

Alright, that was a bit too sarcastic. Anyway, that's just RNG for ya. You'll get it eventually, it's just a pain to grind for, just like everything else really.

RNG is a fickle mistress. 

Honestly it isn't fair, but neither is life. If you want fair look for the Ferris wheel

Alright, that was a bit too sarcastic. Anyway, that's just RNG for ya. You'll get it eventually, it's just a pain to grind for, just like everything else really.

RNG shouldn't pick out of 3 the same one 9 times.

It looks like I got lucky in both cases. The first three parts to drop for me were all unique and completed the archwing. I got Hyperion thrusters after killing 472 drones. I didn't get any rubedo lined barrel. So not that lucky yet. Will have to farm again tmr

Agreed, but it does, and complaining about it here really won't help. It took me quite some time to get Loki Prime, in fact I had to trade a Gleaming Talon for the last part. Such is RNG. 

I don't know if "shouldn't" but it definitely "can" if the base chance is high enough. For example, if a given part has a 90% chance of dropping, there's still over 40% chance that you'll get 9 in a row.

It's less that a zero % chances of it occourring 9 times in a row. If i still do math correctly.

Statistically, OP is quite lucky.

Edited by cozzi21

lol i got exactly 3 of each archwing part when i did it with my friend

Same here, also got Hyperion Thrusters after ~500 drones and three Rubedo barrels.

RNG is going to be RNG, but it would be nice if each one gave the next part one by one. So the first is wings, then systems, then whatever else, etc.

I wouldn't call being hit by a meteor "lucky".

Well the chances of him getting the same part 9 times in a row is less than bordering 0%.

I feel sorry for OP, but yet i'm amazed that something like this actually happened.

It's less that a zero % chances of it occourring 9 times in a row. I i still do math correctly.

Statistically, OP is quite lucky.

It's like 3.7% chance if all the %'s are right.

100/3/9=3.7% rounded.

which is very close to 2009 asteroid hitting chance of 2.7%

Edited by SarahApple

100/3/9=3.7% rounded.

It is?

Odd perhaps my calaculations are of

If only 3 items drop from the mission then assuming (because we know DE) they all have an equal drop chance. Then each has value of ~33% chance off occurring.

Assmuning th events are independent of each other it would be

1-(1-P)^n

1-(1-.0.33)^9

~0.973

where p is the chance of success, n is our number f attempts.

ooh wait forgot to convert to %

yup 100-97.3

Thank you for that correction my good sir.

Well the chances of him getting the same part 9 times in a row is less than bordering 0%.

I feel sorry for OP, but yet i'm amazed that something like this actually happened.

100/3/9=3.7% rounded.

which is very close to 2009 asteroid hitting chance of 2.7%

You are both assuming the chance for all three pieces are equal, which can very well not be the case. I made a Phorid test run before, 66 kills in quick succession. I had posted the results in these forums but can't seem to find them now; in any case, the thing is that all three Nyx parts had different drop chances: approximately 50% for one, 33.3% other, and 16.7% the last one.

Basically, this means there are "hard to get" pieces in this game. This effectively makes building a certain something as hard as getting the hard-to-get piece is. That is, if they apply this system to everything, which is in a way reasonable since it increases the time it takes to get the whole thing without actually starving the player of "results", even if those are irrelevant duplicates.

Like any update, update 15 will be really good in update 17 when the devs finally ease off on the mod drop rates and folks can start enjoying archwing.  Until then it is suffer time for anyone who wants to deck out their new stuff.  Even folks willing to pay tons of plat in trade cant get the mods and pieces since they are in that .067% chance drop rate DE loves to do after release of new stuff.

If drop tables were still open for public scrutiny we would see that tactic with everything new.

I plan to have some fun with Archwing though sometime next year.