Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrow Or Sentinel?

TheKingOfAllNoobs

Question

I've just started breeding my Kubrow, but at the same time I have wanted to get a Carrier sentinel.

So I'm torn between the two, because they both have pros and cons.

Kubrows have stronger attacks and can be revived, but they have costly maintenance. 75,000 credits per 3 days. (I'll need to do lots of void defense missions now.)

Sentinels, are easy to obtain and craft, and also require no maintenance, but have a lower DPS and cannot be revived in a mission.

In terms of emotional value, Kubrows have a higher emotional bond with the Tenno, and although don't actually exist, they take a place in the player's heart.

Sentinels, however, are viewed(by most) as just robots that collect drops and fire on enemies.

So which companion should I choose?

A Noob Tenno

3 answers to this question

Kubrows have stronger attacks and can be revived, but they have costly maintenance. 75,000 credits per 3 days. (I'll need to do lots of void defense missions now.)

its actually more along the lines of 75k every 24 days

as you really only need to use ONE DNA stabilizers every 4 days to keep the kubrow at +100% health.

Edited by xcynderx

I've just started breeding my Kubrow, but at the same time I have wanted to get a Carrier sentinel.

So I'm torn between the two, because they both have pros and cons.

Sentinels, are easy to obtain and craft, and also require no maintenance, but have a lower DPS and cannot be revived in a mission.

In terms of emotional value, Kubrows have a higher emotional bond with the Tenno, and although don't actually exist, they take a place in the player's heart.

Sentinels, however, are viewed(by most) as just robots that collect drops and fire on enemies.

So which companion should I choose?

A Noob Tenno

um 75k per 3 days??? No, its 3k/ day.   You can let them degrade to 60% then pop ONE to get back to 100%,  so that is 4 days for each and they come in a 6 pack.   So a 6 pack lasts almost a month!   You can also freeze it for a few days to play with the robot without any upkeep costs so long as it is frozen. 

get both.  Sentinels are worth mastery rank for both weapon and the pet, and cost less --- they are better for new players. 

Kubrow can open lockers; a single corpus map run will pay for your daily upkeep in nothing but opened containers if your map has a couple of locker rooms.  The exit to jupiter maps alone have like 50 lockers, always, each with 50-100 credits inside nearly.  So they can pay for themselves if you are patient and allow them to open the boxes. 

I would argue that a ranged, fully modded and cat installed gun on a bot is as good or better than a kubrow.  The kubrow hits harder ONCE but the bots shoot nonstop and will rack up more kills in less time for the long range ones.  Carrier, not so much, it wont shoot past a very short range, but my djinn can kill everything on the map up to about level 20 without me even bothering to play. 

Edited by jonnin