Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primes Warframes Opposite Sex

kvestwara

Wouldn't like it personally. If I really like a frame I want to get a prime version of that, not the opposite gender.

If they had far more resources, money, etc... it would be cool to have a male and female version for all frames and their prime counterparts but I don't think it's realistic. It just seems like too much time and effort to put in while you're not offering anything really "new."

We've seen this suggestion tons of times, and it'll play out the same exact way.

Think of Warframes as playable characters. Like your favorite RPG or MOBA. The character's design is meshed with its abilities and animations in such a way as to give it personality. It's not too terrible to switch to another character if you like their play style but dislike their art. Everyone's been there, and everyone understands.

The devs can't implement it because it's too much time and resources involved in something so insignificant, and the community would hate it more than enjoy it because the previous warframe design for whatever gender it was designed as would feel less unique. Some warframe personalities would also become lost in translation when sex-changed.

If you insist, the closest you can get to swapping genders is unlocking the animations for a warframe you like. I like the feature, but it's quite annoying when you see pink Rhinos with Mirage's Noble stance.