Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last Of A Kind

Institute-Marksman

In the endless stretches of the Void, ancient beings reside. Living from one moment to another, always on the run. They look like us, they act like us, but they aren't us.

These are the Original Tenno.

They didnot hibernate like you. They stayed awake, guarding those who sleep. When the Tenno Awakening was nigh, they retreated, leaving you to fight on your own.

The very first Tenno that have been experimented on by the Orokin. They were captured, tested and experimented on, their limbs severed and reattached, their bodies corrupted with invasive body modification, they are merely a shell of their old selves. Their minds numbed from eons of fighting the Grineer, Corpus and Infested, they retreated to the Void slaughtering anyone foolish enough to go in. When the Grineer attempted accessing the Void, they escaped. They are active throughout the System. These Tenno are to be unrelenting. They may recognize you as an ally, but they willnot hesitate to completely oblitarate anything else.

Scout missions have reported non-tactical extermination and destruction on a large scale. Entire fleets have been reported to be raided and destroyed. Whatever the current motives of these beings are, you are to halt them before there is nobody left but you.

Tenno, I'm not asking you to kill them, but do what you find fitting to stop them. But be cautious. A single Original Tenno easily outmatches a Fomorian.

There is a way to halt them, but it is not without risk. I discovered a codeword, a subliminal message which erases their memory. Bring this in the correct manner(differs with each Original Tenno), and you may be able to reason with them.

Edits:
*Tweaked the text to fit the 'Runaway Guardians' theme*
*Added in 'The Codeword'*

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Not sure it's lore friendly. "Original" Tenno? Aren't we supposed to be "original" Tenno too? We "slept" for a thousand years or so. Also Tenno weren't experimented on by the Orokin, they came back twisted from the Void, and their (Oro)kin (wink wink) built the frames to help them channel their new powers and use them as living weapons against their enemy. Or something like that...

Not sure it's lore friendly. "Original" Tenno? Aren't we supposed to be "original" Tenno too? We "slept" for a thousand years or so. Also Tenno weren't experimented on by the Orokin, they came back twisted from the Void, and their (Oro)kin (wink wink) built the frames to help them channel their new powers and use them as living weapons against their enemy. Or something like that...

Its all in the Excalibur Entry. "They came back twisted(found their new, but weak powers). and we built a frame around them, to channel their powers.

With 'Original Tenno', I mean the first ones who had a frame built around them. The first ones to receive modifications, when the Orokin first managed to tame the Technocyte virus and use it on us. We're not so dissimilar, we're just are less animalistic then they are. But that is how they behave, not who they originally were. That part is still deep inside them. It may be reawakened.

Theres an important difference between the Tenno and the 'Primes'. Prime Warframes are Warframes. The Tenno are the people IN the Warframes.

But... you just said, "With 'Original Tenno', I mean the first ones who had a frame build around them." The primes. Are you trying to say we might end up fighting primes with our primes? Or are we gonna cross the line of who's underneath the suit.

You both have good ideas, but I havent got any idea what the Original Tenno will look like. I would not go as far to make them look like prime Warframes. Their suits utilize RNG-ed warframe powers.

Actually, I was thinking why give them suits at all? If what Vor said about the true nature of Tenno during the Vor's Prize questline is true, then without a Warframe to contain them they would be energy beings.

That said, they would still have the same powers as some Warframes, but physically speaking they wouldn't have an actual Warframe per se.

Actually the Tenno were not experimented on something happened to them in the void they were inflicted with void energy or something from the void and when they came back the Orokin built a frame around them a conduit to contain and control the power that was inside them. That is how the warframes were born.